View Full Version : SX1 Firmware 7 out @ Siemens.com

Tacheon
24-03-2004, 06:22 PM
All though some of us are now running Firmware 8, it's good to see Siemens getting 7 out to squash some of those nasty bugs.. :)

What Firmware R U running, and what improvments have U noticed?

Tach

El Barto
25-03-2004, 01:02 PM
I installed it yesterday uograding from 6.

I noticed a better speed charging apps and menus and solved problems regarding camera.

Bye! :)

arviem
26-03-2004, 06:18 AM
Yeah! Ver 7 supossed to improve:

Improvement in Car kit communication
Sound during games.
Camera freeze.
Stable MMC back up!

Rv ice

smaltime
29-03-2004, 01:43 AM
All though some of us are now running Firmware 8, it's good to see Siemens getting 7 out to squash some of those nasty bugs.. :)

Tach

i was thinking that i can upgrade my siemens sx 1 to 7.01 bud i have already 7.02 thats wat my mobiel told me so the quality of the camera is still bad for me he is not sharp maybe it wil be fixt in firm 8 i hope

smaltime
29-03-2004, 03:00 AM
i was thinking that i can upgrade my siemens sx 1 to 7.01 bud i have already 7.02 thats wat my mobiel told me so the quality of the camera is still bad for me he is not sharp maybe it wil be fixt in firm 8 i hope

i was thinking that i have firm ware 7.02
bud tru the *#06# i have firm ware 5 bud if i want to upgreat then the proggie say you have a newer fersion

Marsbar
22-04-2004, 10:58 PM

Tach

I'm running 6. And I can't upgrade from the website because my firmware variant is listed as SX1_UK-RETAIL-uk-de-it_06_2002, and that's not listed.

Anyone know if this is excluded for a reason or if it's likely that hassling Siemens will get the new firmware uploaded?

I've dropped them an email, waiting to hear back.

Marsbar
26-04-2004, 08:46 AM
I'm running 6. And I can't upgrade from the website because my firmware variant is listed as SX1_UK-RETAIL-uk-de-it_06_2002, and that's not listed.

Anyone know if this is excluded for a reason or if it's likely that hassling Siemens will get the new firmware uploaded?

I've dropped them an email, waiting to hear back.

Reply as follows:

Thank you for your email. Please try the international variant, this should work fine. Alternatively, if there is a problem with the phone it can be brought into our repair centre and examined by an engineer. If you would like to organise this, please contact the helpdesk.

Kind regards,
Sarah McConnell
ICM UK - Helpdesk Adviser
Siemens Business Services

Haven't had a chance to check this yet: I'll try it tonight and let you know.

Marsbar
26-04-2004, 06:05 PM
Reply as follows:

Haven't had a chance to check this yet: I'll try it tonight and let you know.

Pah. It failed. A more recent version already installed, or some such nonsense.

Siemens tech support 1 - Intelligent responses 0 :mad:

phoenix007_sun
06-05-2004, 05:19 PM
Great buddy but, where did ya get firmware update 8!!???

Tacheon
06-05-2004, 05:55 PM
Great buddy but, where did ya get firmware update 8!!???

Let's not remenis about firmware SVN:08 (It is available on the net, do a Google Search) since there is a SVN:10, 12, & 13....

SVN:10 *Speeds up phone and many functions, also new camera app enhancements, new version of MP3 player app, etc...* and is the latest out in service centers. BTW: The MP3 app has some problems in SVN:10.. Probably the reason 12 is out...

SVN:12 & 13 (others Claim) are in test. I suspect SVN:12 or 13 will be out soon to Service centers, since there are screen shoots of it loaded on SX1'

Tach

phoenix007_sun
07-05-2004, 02:13 PM
:icon14: Let's not remenis about firmware SVN:08 (It is available on the net, do a Google Search) since there is a SVN:10, 12, & 13....

SVN:10 *Speeds up phone and many functions, also new camera app enhancements, new version of MP3 player app, etc...* and is the latest out in service centers. BTW: The MP3 app has some problems in SVN:10.. Probably the reason 12 is out...

SVN:12 & 13 (others Claim) are in test. I suspect SVN:12 or 13 will be out soon to Service centers, since there are screen shoots of it loaded on SX1'

Tach

Thank ya fella, you were really informative. :D