View Full Version : rs-mmc or mmc?

Ismail
21-03-2004, 10:12 PM
tell us why;)

Delta737
22-03-2004, 06:35 AM
Depends on what device you have. If I would have a device that supports MMC I would buy MMC (and not rs-mmc), and, well, if I would have a device that supports rs-mmc I don't have much of a choice now do I

Ismail
22-03-2004, 06:47 AM
read the title delta

it says which would you "prefer"

what i meant was would you like a phone with mmc or rs-mmc?

Delta737
22-03-2004, 07:41 AM
Yeah, well since all the latest phones come with rs-mmc and not with mmc I would say rs-mmc (but not because of the format, but because of the features the new phones supporting rsmmc have)

I'm sorry Ismail, but I find this poll a bit stupid/strange

GhostDog
22-03-2004, 03:03 PM
I share your opinion Delta737 :o

Ismail
22-03-2004, 05:35 PM
ok ppl let me clear it up for you:

if u had the choise to making the new phones either mmc or rs-mmc which would u chose?

GhostDog
22-03-2004, 06:16 PM
That is definitely more clear and has a lot more sense.

Right now,i would choose MMC.Because they are a standard,probably come in higher capacities and a lot more easy to acquire.I've only seen RS-MMC's in pictures on the internet.I'm pretty confident that in a year or maybe sooner MMC's will be deprecated and will be replaced by RS-MMC's because of the smaller size but right now i'll go with MMC.

Ismail
22-03-2004, 07:50 PM
good

also they keeep making the memory card smaller and smaller

preety soon we wont even be able to see them:D

MemphisX
23-03-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Ismail
ok ppl let me clear it up for you:

if u had the choise to making the new phones either mmc or rs-mmc which would u chose?

I still don't find any reall reason to compare. It is like saying "what do you like, Memory Stick or Memory Stick Duo.
And by the way companies will make their choices about cards using what they find more appropriate to them and not to us. That's why today we have so many types of flash cards (MMC,sD,xD,MS,MS Duo,MS PRO,MS Duo Pro,SmartMedia, etc...).

So even if we compare different cards (not on the same family) I don't think we will see companies going on the same root (and especially on the root WE want)...