View Full Version : Got my SX1.....problems :(

elfer_fan
05-03-2004, 06:58 PM
Hi all,

I got my International SX1 yesterday. I upgraded to Ver. 6 software.

It's weird the phone displays "Cingula" as provider but I am a T-mobile customer. I am in the US, and when I called Siemens support, they said it has not been officially released here and were of no help.

Does anyone know what would cause this wrong provider label? I tried to manually select a provider, but only Cingular and AT&T are listed. :(

elfer

MemphisX
05-03-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by elfer_fan
Hi all,

I got my International SX1 yesterday. I upgraded to Ver. 6 software.

It's weird the phone displays "Cingula" as provider but I am a T-mobile customer. I am in the US, and when I called Siemens support, they said it has not been officially released here and were of no help.

Does anyone know what would cause this wrong provider label? I tried to manually select a provider, but only Cingular and AT&T are listed. :(

elfer

It's quite a feuture you might say of SX1. Being more specific I also have a Q-Telecom simcard. when I put it on my 7650 it displays GR Vodafone and then after a few seconds Q-Telecom. But on SX1 it just shows GR Vodafone. Q-Telecom in my country hasn't yet created it's own network so it uses Vodafone's network. Some sim cards have the "power" to display another name as provider instead of the network name used. SX1 on the other side ignores this feature of the SIM cards so it displays the network used.

I think sth like that is happening to you also.
Don't think of it as a problem but rather as a feature because else you wouldn't be able to set an operator logo(the sim cards can also ignore it and display the operator name but SX1 won't)...

elfer_fan
05-03-2004, 08:31 PM
I see! Network label vs. SIM card label...

the same thing happened on my P800 but after a firmware upgrade it then properly displayed "T-Mobile"...oh well....perhaps one day it's display correctly!

On an unrelated note, have ANY of you been able to get the auto-config messaged from my-siemens website delivered to your phone in the US?

I have tried several times, but nothing ever gets delivered to my phone :(

Any tips?

D