View Full Version : Word and Notes problems

Charlie
14-11-2001, 10:32 AM
Recently, a new "funny thing" happened with my 9210 When trying to open a word doc via the file manager, an "opening file" message appears... and flashes for hours if I dont reset the whole device.
On some occasions,. the "flashing" stopped, but the document opened was blank and the keyboard did not respond. The same has happened once with "Notes".
So far, after 1 to 4 resets, the 9210 accepted to work properly again... but is is rather uncomfortable, not to say how I feel about the 9210 when I have to write quickly a note and nothing works
For info, I have 3.54 and Taskmanager installed.
Can anyone help ?

samthepaokfan
14-11-2001, 11:04 AM
Which versions do you have of Note & Word ???
[addsig]

Charlie
14-11-2001, 12:48 PM
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-14 1204, samthepaokfan wrote
Which versions do you have of Note & Word ???

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->Word is 1.01
Notes is 1.00

Thanks <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by Charlie on 2001-11-14 1349 ]</font>

samthepaokfan
14-11-2001, 01:45 PM
So, I guess you should get the latest versions available, for example Word 2.0.

Get them. Uninstall the old ones. Reinstall the new ones & let us know if your problems are resolved.

Take care & Regards.
[addsig]

Charlie
14-11-2001, 06:06 PM
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-14 1445, samthepaokfan wrote

Get them. Uninstall the old ones. Reinstall the new ones & let us know if your problems are resolved.

Take care & Regards.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->OK..I did that... for Word (Because I did not find a new version of Notes). I'll let you know in the enxt few days if the problem appears again.
Thanks anyway

23-11-2001, 02:35 PM

Take care & Regards.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->As you may remember, I followed your advise... but the problem is back ! Any idea ??
Thanks in advance

Charlie
23-11-2001, 02:37 PM
On 2001-11-23 1535, Anonymous wrote

Take care & Regards.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->As you may remember, I followed your advise... but the problem is back ! Any idea ??
Thanks in advance
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->

N9210
24-11-2001, 01:15 AM
On 2001-11-23 1535, Anonymous wrote

Take care & Regards.

Thanks in advance
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->

Is this all DOC's or just certain DOC's. If not all DOC's, is it DOC's you created in 9210 or created on PC and copied to 9210?
[addsig]

Charlie
24-11-2001, 04:36 AM
All docs and notes (i.e. those notes written with the "Notes" programme...notes written with the "post-it like" programme are not affected. For info, Excel works perfectly)
The first times it happened, I could solve the problem by re-booting... Now, it's been one day and a half.... still none of these two apps work.

dimitri
24-11-2001, 07:11 AM
I had the same problem once it was a large MSWord file with Garamond typeface. I had to select the whole file on Communicator (CTRL+A), then changed the typeface to System, and saved. When I re-opened the file it was OK.
Might this help you, too.

Charlie
24-11-2001, 08:19 AM
Thanks... but that does not seem to be the reason.. I do not have any very large file. Even when I try to open a "small one"... it - first take ages to open, then the cursor flashes but I cannot enter anything, whatever I type on the keyboard !?!?!?

NineTwoOneO
26-11-2001, 05:12 PM
OK, so it worked before and now it does not. Nothing has changed? For instance did you install software or is there now software running constantly. It could be a memory problem or some system file that got corrupted?

Regards,

NTOO

Charlie
28-11-2001, 02:58 PM
On 2001-11-26 1812, NineTwoOneO wrote
OK, so it worked before and now it does not. Nothing has changed? For instance did you install software or is there now software running constantly. It could be a memory problem or some system file that got corrupted?

Regards,

NTOO
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->Thanks. Actually I formatted the whole device and reinstalled "all-nokia-data-etc" and "all-memorycard.data-etc".It seems to be working properly now except for the problem I descibed under "Task after reinstallation".
If you have an idea ?! - Thks