View Full Version : SmartMovie (Series60)

GhostDog
18-02-2004, 09:37 AM
SmartMovie (http://www.handango.com/brainstore/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=308&jid=9AAE6253FDAFAB1DD4CCD371B92ABDBC&platformId=4&productType=2&productId=110546&sectionId=0&catalog=1) is a video player for your mobile device, with counterpart PC converter utility. With the converter, you may prepare any video clip for playback on your mobile device.SmartMovie features the xvid codec and subtitles!

Play your videos on your mobile device, anywhere, anytime, you need just a few steps:

Convert any video file on your PC into a phone-friendly video file.
Upload video into device/memory card.
Play the video in SmartMovie Player installed on your mobile device.
The PC convertor:

http://www.lonelycatgames.com/mobile/smartmovie/shotconv.jpg

Features:

Standard AVI format, allowing you to preview converted files on your PC.
Uses popular XviD video codec, which increases compatibility with other video players and/or video clips.
Player uses the phone screen in portrait or landscape mode, utilizing the full screen size of the device.
PC converter allows you to split video file into multiple segments, so that it fits onto your memory card, if not entire, then cut to more parts - you may watch your favorite video in parts, e.g. while traveling to work/school.
First mobile player which supports subtitles - allowing you to watch movies in different languages.
Friendly PC converter - preview videos on PC, select parts you want to convert, alter quality.
Supports DirectShow codecs, so you may use video codecs downloadable from the internet.
Very fast conversion, on standard PC conversion is 5x faster than video clip playback time. You'll convert entire movie in just a few minutes
Bicubic rescale algorithm shrinks video to small screen size in best possible quality.
Adjustable quality parameters for video and audio streams, allowing tuning target video to your needs.
No additional packages to download from internet, works with standard PC components.
http://www.lonelycatgames.com/mobile/smartmovie/plrshot2.png http://www.lonelycatgames.com/mobile/smartmovie/plrshot1.png

Requirements:

300 KB for SmartMovie player on the mobile device
PC with Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
DirectX 7

Download the free trial or buy the full version at the online shop (http://www.handango.com/brainstore/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=308&jid=9AAE6253FDAFAB1DD4CCD371B92ABDBC&platformId=4&productType=2&productId=110546&sectionId=0&catalog=1) for $29.99

Darla
22-02-2004, 12:13 AM
After testing this app with 2 movies I think its pretty cool!!! When will the full version be available for purchase?

GhostDog
22-02-2004, 01:29 PM
Click the shop link in my post and then add to cart.:rolleyes:

Colvette
23-02-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by GhostDog
Click the shop link in my post and then add to cart.:rolleyes:

I've tried that, and it says it's unavailable. I really wanna buy this package - how can I do that?

GhostDog
23-02-2004, 10:05 AM
It seems that the developers have removed it,you will have to ask them why.

ovidiugm
24-02-2004, 05:56 PM
does it have fast-forward?

GhostDog
24-02-2004, 10:32 PM
Yes.

heelman
29-02-2004, 12:22 PM
There are 13 different codecs to choose from in the Smart Movie program!
What is the correct one for best result and smallest file?

/Heeman, Norway

GhostDog
29-02-2004, 02:58 PM
As you can see from heelman's post there is a new and improved version of SmartMovie,it can be found here (http://www.handango.com/brainstore/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=308&jid=A3X6A84D8F35F581493B91C9X414D8E5&platformId=4&productType=2&productId=111573&sectionId=0&catalog=20)

heelman,I don't know haven't tested the new version yet.

Darla
02-03-2004, 02:10 AM
I just purchased the app!!! The codec that is required is the XviD codec which you can find here (http://www.lonelycatgames.com/mobile/smartmovie/). Look on the bottom of the page.

Darla
02-03-2004, 03:13 AM
Well I installed the codec (must be installed on the pc also), unlocked the converter and everything is running smoothly. Only problem is the videos that I converted in my trial period still ay demo on it!!!! So now I have to convert them all over again.:mad:

iavorski
15-03-2004, 12:59 PM
I have tried some variances but still have a problem.

SmartMovie Converter do not display subtitles when they are in a .txt file. This happens when i uncheck in Options-->Preferences "Pack Subtitles. SmartMovie create a separate file *.txt with subtitles. I move two files (with avi) in root directory of my MMC. Two files have a identical names. I make a "Rescan File system". In Player option "Show subtitles=YES". No subtitles!!!

When i convert video and option "Pack subtitles" is checked then Converter do not add subtitles in avi file. What is the problem. I use "Cyrillic" in Subtitle font script option and option "Automaticaly load subtitles" is checked. However, to be sure i load manualy subtitles. When i press "Play" button movie going with subtitles. But when i press convert - no subtitles

In my opinion SmartConverter is very useful and realy smart application but this subtitles problem makes me very angry.

Can anybody help me?
P.S. Excuse my bad english.

pHr34kY
12-05-2004, 04:04 AM
I figured out the subtitles:

--Subtitles are extracted from a DVD!--

1. Extract the substitiles using a direct stream copy in DVDDecrypter
2. Open the ifo in SubRip (then OCR the whole thing)
3. Save the subtittles in MicroDVD format
4. If the video is named 'video.avi', name the .sub file 'video.sub' and stick it in the same folder as the video file (same name, different extension).
5. Play back the video file... it should display subtitles (mine did)
6. You can now turn the sound off while watching futurama in your next boring software engineering lecture.

--Note you need to OCR the subtitles and convert them to text. A DVD stores subtitles as a sequence of bitmaps (god knows why) and they need to be OCR'd into text.

dasArne
10-06-2004, 10:42 AM
Hi,
smartmovie is perfekt for me:
In the morning I record some TV (Infotainment) with my TV-card and store it on my N-Gage.
It is not lip synchrone but it works.
My problem now is, that I can't turn off the internal speaker of the N-Gage. If I plug in the headset the internal speaker is muted but not turned off. Therefor the headset doesn't have fullpower.

Is there a workaround?
Tested with Version 2.24 Demo (German) on an N-Gage (non QD).

Yours
Arne

GhostDog
10-06-2004, 03:09 PM
There is a setting in the player for tweaking the A/V sync.

So far i haven't found a solution for the speaker mute issue,sorry.

dasArne
10-06-2004, 05:22 PM
So far i haven't found a solution for the speaker mute issue,sorry.
Is this behavior specific for N-Gage mobiles?
What are the experience with other mobilies?
Please give a short posting!

Yours
Arne

GhostDog
11-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Not just for N-Gage,i believe its specific for all S60 devices.

dasArne
12-06-2004, 12:16 PM
I mailed the problem at LoneyCat they answered instantly:
The problem should only exists with Nokia mobiles, and I should reconnect the headphones several times, this should help.
I tried but...
... this doesn't help.

Give up.

DENNISH_JAMES
12-08-2004, 07:47 AM
Hi Darla, me Dennis.....it seems that you are going well with smartmovie, could you plss send me copy on my mail, [Removed]...

xlyver
20-01-2005, 10:33 AM
when i play the movie it's about 10 sec i got an error messages :
App. closed Audio decoder!

please help me how to fix this problem :)

no1ice
31-01-2005, 08:47 PM
i have a qd and the only way i can get files from my computer is bluetooth. i used the convertor and all works well but i would like to have the video on my mmc card as i can not afford to waste any space thanks

Delta737
01-02-2005, 02:36 PM
What about a cardreader? They cost about 10, and you can transfer the files directly to your mmc (and much quicker too, compared to bluetooth)

michal
05-03-2005, 08:42 AM
i have a qd and the only way i can get files from my computer is bluetooth. i used the convertor and all works well but i would like to have the video on my mmc card as i can not afford to waste any space thanks

try save sms on E:

danez
06-03-2005, 01:46 AM
Just d/loaded Demo of smartmovie, i have converted an avi file and put it to my phone, but i get an error on trying to run the file.
It says, "Picture to big to fit on the screen" my phone is nokia 6600 could somebody possibly tell me if there is a setting that i need to adjust to correct this in the converter.
Thanks.

nalazo
12-03-2005, 08:19 PM
Is this behavior specific for N-Gage mobiles?
What are the experience with other mobilies?
Please give a short posting!

Yours
Arne

Unregistered1
27-02-2006, 12:59 PM
i am using a full version of smartmovie in my nokia 6630 ,but when iam playing a song ,after playing the song for 10 seconds my cell is rebooting.so can some on tell me what to do, send me the solution for this at waitin4urreply@google.com

mrjakeanderson
18-03-2006, 11:20 PM
I installed 321 codecs on my PC but says ascll files only when I try and drop add dvd to smartconverter. What codecs or programs do I need ? and step by step how to I play dvd's on my 6682 ? thanks for your time...
mrjakeanderson@hotmail.com :)

vanpheary
24-03-2006, 09:09 AM
thanks for this smart movies

vanpheary
24-03-2006, 09:15 AM
thanks you

kennew
30-05-2006, 10:32 AM

Enesk
16-08-2006, 10:25 PM
Hi I convert movies with subtitle but later there isn't a subtitle iv'e searched alot but couldn't fix it coeld anybody help me please ??
send the quote to my e-mail adres oqyanus_enes@hotmail.com plaese tell it me step by step

pavan bharadwaj
19-08-2006, 01:33 AM
there are few full and latest versions of smart movie pl;ayers with me.that works perfectly on n gage and also on ur 6600 mobiles. if u want them just let me know

pangie
11-09-2006, 06:24 AM
lastest smart movie 3.25 crack version.....
get it here (http://www.fullmaza.com/forum/index.php)

phacker
23-09-2006, 09:47 PM
I have downloaded the smart movie but it doesn't do anything except play the sample movies that came with it. I tried downlaoding a google movie but it "doesn't recognize" the format. NY Times video? Forget it. I'm not spending money for nothing!

Unregistered
27-02-2007, 06:05 PM
how and form which i could upload a subtitle of my own ,during making a avi file ,using smart movie converter(pc)
txt me please at my cell 00923214168447

jamesclrk
24-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Some really cool stuff, what will the next version come out?

ali_2k7
30-10-2007, 07:41 PM
is there anyone can tell me how add an arabic subtitle to that smartmovie..?!

.d.a.N.T.e.Z.
29-11-2007, 10:25 PM
I figured out the subtitles:

--Subtitles are extracted from a DVD!--

1. Extract the substitiles using a direct stream copy in DVDDecrypter
2. Open the ifo in SubRip (then OCR the whole thing)
3. Save the subtittles in MicroDVD format
4. If the video is named 'video.avi', name the .sub file 'video.sub' and stick it in the same folder as the video file (same name, different extension).
5. Play back the video file... it should display subtitles (mine did)
6. You can now turn the sound off while watching futurama in your next boring software engineering lecture.

--Note you need to OCR the subtitles and convert them to text. A DVD stores subtitles as a sequence of bitmaps (god knows why) and they need to be OCR'd into text.

there is easier way ... download subtitles for movie (*.txt) and just change extension to *.sub (subtitles name and movie name must be same ... in same folder)

Unregistered
15-06-2008, 07:38 PM
How do I transfer the converted video to my mobile device by USB cable?