View Full Version : Automatic key lock

fuse
17-02-2004, 06:59 PM
Hi,

I have recently released automatic key lock software for Series 60 platform (Nokia primarily). Mostly because I didn't found any good applications which will do that. They all lacked of automatic start when phone is turned on and they had ugly GUI's which are pointless in this type of software. (And some of them even turned key lock on when user was speaking?!)

So mine is running as a watcher in the background. There is also setup application which you can use to change the inactivity time.

It would be great to hear comments from you. Do you think that this kind of software is useful or is there good features in your mind?

You can download it from http://fuse.stc.cx/autolock/

I almost forgotten that it's of course free :D

ANORTHOSiS 1911
21-02-2004, 02:13 AM
Its perfect! It works better than others ! I use it for a week now and am very happy with it!;)

willbrady
26-02-2004, 01:30 PM
I use this too - spot on mate :)

Great little app.

will

Guest124
27-02-2004, 01:34 AM
Just installed this on the Nokia N-Gage, and it works a charm.

You should include the N-Gage in the compatibility list.

AddeDaMan
20-06-2004, 12:01 PM
Hi all,

first poster here... I just wanted to add that it works wonderful on my 7610. Using the Beta.

Now, all I have to do is to find out how to get my Mac iSync to work... ;-) (I know; another thread.)

Cheers, and GOOD WORK!!

/ Andreas

AddeDaMan
20-06-2004, 02:31 PM
Hi again,

as an appendix to my earlier post there IS infact something that could be improved: when making a voice-memo (usually long) the AutoLock locks the keyboard. So, when you try to hit "stop", it doesn't work.

I want my setting to about 30 seconds, it's a good intervall - so uping the time is not the solution. Perhaps it should be sensible to when the sound-recorder is running?

Cheers!

/ Adde

Azrael (Unreg)
20-07-2004, 10:23 PM
Hi!

AutoLock v.04 - great program but it messes with my IR. During the IR connection with PC it reboots my N6600. Not always but too often. My question is how can i uninstall this prog? Yes, I used App Manager. And yes i restarted the phone after that. But it is still in ROM and working in background (i use Switcher). Should i do hard format or is there less harmfull option? Anybody knows? FExplorer cant delete from ROM what is obviuos.

Maybe author of prog could hack the ROM again to remove app?

Sorry for my english ;p

--
^Azrael^ (Poland)
cicha_smierc@o2.pl

fuse
24-07-2004, 05:06 PM
Hi Azrael,

Well when you are looking using AppMan you will see thread AutoLock but it's actually built-in application in Series 60. AutoLock's thread is "LockWatcher". If you can find that running on your phone, then AutoLock is activated but I doubt that because you've uninstalled it.

That problem with your IR sounds strange indeed. I'am pretty sure that it's not caused by AutoLock. But if you can provide more details about this by e-mail it would be of course appreciated.

Thanks,
Petteri

Azrael (Unreg)
29-07-2004, 03:02 AM
Hi fuse and others,

Yes, you are right. My mistake. Your app is really great! :)

And about my IR (and GPRS :P) problem... I've just read on this forum bad things about firmware 4.09.1. So probably it's just a firmware bug. :\

Thanks for help and for AutoLock :)

--
^Azrael^ PL

BluePhoenix
29-07-2004, 07:12 PM
Awesome, just awesome, very well done.

zimon
25-08-2004, 04:23 PM
Thanks. Great lil program! Just what I needed also. Kiitti.

Raj1
05-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Thx a lot FUSE.....this was just the THING i was looking for....as i found it quite irrtating to always push locking keys to lock the keypad of my Nokia N73 or else had to use the phone lock thing....which gain was irritating as i had to type the password to unlock it.....
I've just now downloaded n installed the application.....and its working just great...THANKS....
Hats off to u....keep up the good work :icon14: :)

Raj1
06-05-2009, 04:00 AM
Hey buddy !!!
gr8 work done by u....i installed the application yesterday....and it worked amazingly great......but later on i was experiencing some problem....i hope u'll b able to fix it.....
I installed it on my Nokia N73 it works simply great till the time the phone goes into sleep mode and till the time i try to make a call by redialling the last no. using my bluetooth handset. i found out that the screen of the phone doesn't come back to life.....although all the normal operations of the phone were working ok...like the last number redialling happenned....then i disconnected the phone even using bluetooth it happenned....i cud talk on phone...only problem was that the screen was blank as when in sleep mode....even i cud turn the keypad on and put the phone off using power key.
After i again switched on the phone....everything was back to normalcy. Autolock was working....and again after sometime i had the same problem....then i again rebooted the phone and uninstalled the autolock...now everything is OK....
Please suggest what to do. :icon14:
Thanks & Regards
Raj

Raj1
06-05-2009, 04:15 AM
:D
Sorry...in my last reply i meant my Bluetooth handsfree.....not the handset
:D