View Full Version : Problem with SX1 and camera

cj84
14-02-2004, 12:31 PM
Hmm.. has anyone else experienced problems when opening the camera application on the SX1??

Sometimes when I open the camera application my phone hangs and won't do anything. I can then hit the menu button and call up my icons while the camera app. is still running and after a while it tells me: "Application 'Camera' closed." or something like that.

Then it keeps doing this when I'm trying to open the camera, until I turn off and turn on the phone again...

I'm not quite sure if the problem has started before or after updating the phone as I only used the cam 2-3 times before updating to the:
SX1_NORDIC-NDK-RETAIL-uk-dk-no_06_0001_update

Its kinda annoying that I have to reboot my phone almost every time I want to take a picture ... so if anyone has just the slightest idea about how I maybe could fix this problem I would be VERY happy to hear from you ;-)

BTW: Other than this, I LOVE the phone ... so don't let this scare you from buying it, if you're considering it... its prolly getting fixed sometime :)

-
cj84

willbrady
14-02-2004, 12:48 PM
I've not seen this problem yet, and am on version5 firmware.
Version 6 does play with the camera so it could be the upgrade doing it.

Don't suppose it's possible to 'downgrade' is it?

will

MemphisX
14-02-2004, 08:56 PM
Although it may sound stupid it may work. Try to re-upgrade (load again) the firmware. It may have not be loaded correctly. I made the same thing and to my surprise the problem I had with many Java games not correctly showing the colors dissappeared...

cj84
15-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Hmm.. I'm gonna try that when I get home next weekend then..!

Doesn't sound too stupid that something could have been broken during the update ...

El Barto
22-02-2004, 02:07 PM
Hi guys!

I've bought sx 1 yesterday here in south Italy.
It's equipped already with version n.6 of firmware ang got same problems with camera soft...

Yet i noticed that other cam applicationsw,such as flexicam,don't hang...

Any suggestions?

thx in advance

-=X=-
11-03-2004, 08:44 AM
I Flash My SX1 To Symbian7
And That Fix The Problem And My Phone Is Faster Than Before

El Barto
11-03-2004, 12:16 PM
Is fw 7 out?
Where did u get it?

Pls reply i really need upgrading it!

Thx!

N/A
11-03-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by -=X=-
I Flash My SX1 To Symbian7
And That Fix The Problem And My Phone Is Faster Than Before Good. The firmware package version number might be 7, but the Symbian operating system version is still 6.1.