View Full Version : SonyEriccsonP80xPlatformID / Writing to z:\

RobinGill
21-01-2004, 06:42 AM
Hi all.

I bet many of you have had loads of problems trying to install software due to software installers looking for the SonyEriccsonP80xPlatformID. I noticed in the z:\system\install folder is a file called MotorolaA920ProductID.sis. I copied this file to d:\ and tried to run it from there. However, the installer says Cannot Install - The software is already installed on this handset.

This led me to copying SonyEriccsonP80xPlatformID.sis from my friend's p800, and well as Platform.sis and P80xLanguage.sis

The first and the last file can be installed again and again with no effect whatsoever, and surpringly, even the sis file is not removed from phone after installation. The second says UIQ20ProductID - Cannot install - This software is already installed on the handset.

This makes me think these files need to be written to our phone's z:\system\install folder to maybe be read at bootup, or maybe they need to be re-written.

So does anyone have any suggestions on doing the above or any other ways of getting P8/900 apps working?

Unregistereda
01-04-2004, 06:46 PM
Hi all.

I bet many of you have had loads of problems trying to install software due to software installers looking for the SonyEriccsonP80xPlatformID. I noticed in the z:\system\install folder is a file called MotorolaA920ProductID.sis. I copied this file to d:\ and tried to run it from there. However, the installer says Cannot Install - The software is already installed on this handset.

This led me to copying SonyEriccsonP80xPlatformID.sis from my friend's p800, and well as Platform.sis and P80xLanguage.sis

The first and the last file can be installed again and again with no effect whatsoever, and surpringly, even the sis file is not removed from phone after installation. The second says UIQ20ProductID - Cannot install - This software is already installed on the handset.

This makes me think these files need to be written to our phone's z:\system\install folder to maybe be read at bootup, or maybe they need to be re-written.

So does anyone have any suggestions on doing the above or any other ways of getting P8/900 apps working?
Just a need to create your own small SonyEriccsonP80xPlatformID.sis file...
I recommend not to install AppForge - it will screw up your handset it won't boot up. I had to send my for repairs...

bjornh
20-04-2004, 09:12 PM
Have a look at
http://www.aussie3g.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=31413

There you can find the SonyEriccsonP80xPlatformID.sis file + instructions for how to install it. It worked for me with Mobipocket reader and some other P800 software.

/B