View Full Version : Remote Sync / SyncML

mannoia
15-01-2004, 11:26 PM
Just downloaded this software from the Nokia website and I'm trying to remote sync my contacts/calendar with my Outlook account at my university. I can set up a profile (same info as for my email), and it seems to connect/initialize, but then I get the error message "invalid host address" - any suggestions?

I'm using a 3650 (T-Mobile US), and my university uses a firewall (so for example, Outlook on my laptop outside of school requires VPN client software to be installed, unless I use Outlook Web Access).

Thanks!

N/A
17-01-2004, 02:10 PM
Has your university set up a SyncML server that connects to Microsoft Exchange (assuming that's where your email resides, as you talked about an "Outlook account").

Without the SyncML server, the Remote Sync program, which is a SyncML client. Does not work.

Note also that the Remote Sync is to synchronize calendar entries and contacts, not email.

For email access you don't use the Remote Sync program, but the built-in Messaging program, which requires that your university provides POP3 or IMAP4 access to your mail account, and an SMTP server for outgoing mail.