View Full Version : Anyone else getting fed up of waiting?

tomnufc
09-01-2004, 09:02 PM
I certainly am, no news at all from the top mobile websites, nothing from sendo, hardly any reports from private owners (even from Italy where it's meant to be out)

I've got the money waiting here for it, I also wanna sell my T610 as soon as the Sendo X becomes available, and the T610 is dropping in value everyday.

I'm tempted to forget it and buy a Radeon 9800 Pro for my PC :(

Shadow12
09-01-2004, 09:17 PM
Buy an n-gage! Cheap and will not devalue as much as t610. Is also a symbian phone so you can get used to using them before you get sendo. Also do you realy need the radeon. Man that graphics card has more power than ........ welll some realy realy powerfull graphics card.

tomnufc
09-01-2004, 09:20 PM
I don't want an Ngage, I'd look like a tit in the pub with one of them :rolleyes:

Umm yeah, I want a PC capable of running Half-Life 2 by the time it's out :D

Mr Zippy
09-01-2004, 11:57 PM
This months Mobile Choice Magazine (UK) has a review of a pre-release Sendo X and says they hope to review the final version next month.

Only problems they found were a few software bugs.

Neil

Shadow12
10-01-2004, 07:11 AM
When you play a blutetooth deathmatch with stragners in a club or train or some other public location where they are not directly visible. Its amazing. You know they are near but you just cant spot them. Especialy when he (she, it) has just anihilated you, you want to find the f@$#er and kick his ass for real. Just on the topic why n-gage is so good. Yes you do look like a tit answering it the sidetalk way but after looking like a tit everybody crowdes round to see it its like a magnet honest.
Also when is half life 2 out?

willbrady
11-01-2004, 10:59 PM
Not long to wait :)

http://www.celluloco.com/products/customer/product.php?productid=143&cat=&page=1

Will

Tinsnips
12-01-2004, 02:03 AM
900 us? woah i thought it was gonna be around six hundred us.

Tinsnips
12-01-2004, 02:19 AM
Terrible first post, sorry about that. I was excited to see a date and then i saw the price and was excited again. I'm sure the 998.88 price will settle down a bit, just like i did. thanks for the link

willbrady
14-01-2004, 11:03 AM
Realease date is getting closer!
Only 3 days to go!!

Has anyone seen or heard anything yet?

I want one - I want one - I want one.....

Will

langdona
14-01-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by willbrady
Not long to wait :)

http://www.celluloco.com/products/customer/product.php?productid=143&cat=&page=1

Will

I would not put too much faith in that sites release dates and countdown timer.

They also have this one http://www.celluloco.com/products/customer/product.php?productid=73&cat=46&page=1 for the Samsung D700. It was -18 days at the time of posting :eek:

willbrady
14-01-2004, 10:33 PM
Here we go, release date hit the slippery slope - now saying Feb14 th
http://www.celluloco.com/products/customer/product.php?productid=143&cat=&page=

:( :( :( :(

maddog
16-01-2004, 02:25 PM
Press release phones are meant to be released this month!

MemphisX
16-01-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by tomnufc
I'm tempted to forget it and buy a Radeon 9800 Pro for my PC :(

DON'T EVEN THINK OF IT. nVidia's NV40 and ATI's R420 are on the way. Even if you won't go for the best you know that 9800's price will fall after their release.

When you play a blutetooth deathmatch with stragners in a club or train or some other public location where they are not directly visible. Its amazing. You know they are near but you just cant spot them. Especialy when he (she, it) has just anihilated you, you want to find the f@$#er and kick his ass for real. Just on the topic why n-gage is so good. Yes you do look like a tit answering it the sidetalk way but after looking like a tit everybody crowdes round to see it its like a magnet honest.

You forget sth. He will still not be able to play Half Life 2 (not to mention that he won't be able to play many games through bluetooth,while the video card will benefit him more...).

As much as I know Half Life 2 is coming before April, but you can find the leaked version through IRC or file sharing programs...

I'll wait till Doom 3 for a new video card...

tomnufc
16-01-2004, 11:54 PM
nVidia's NV40 and ATI's R420 are on the way. Even if you won't go for the best you know that 9800's price will fall after their release.

Can't be assed waiting for them, gonna get a Hercules 9800SE AIW and try the softmod ;)

Rayman
19-01-2004, 03:37 PM
They are having problems with getting it into volume production. It was supposed to start early December to meet the ambitious launch date but that didn't happen due to various issues. It was then supposed to start during the Christmas week but didn't and as far as I know they are still having problems. All I can say is that if you can't find any info on the main websites as to the launch date then it's because they still haven't managed to get it right. :rolleyes:

Another problem they have now is all the prospective buyers that are getting pissed off with waiting. I'm only prepared to wait so long and it had better be at a better price than suggested. Their 'market leading' smartphone won't be market leading for long at this rate.

Hmmm, a bit of Z100 deja vu me thinks....:D

dragonetti
06-02-2004, 03:30 AM
yes i'm really getting fed up (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=154363#post154363) with it

Iím really getting fed up of waiting... i've read some mails (from sendo) in other forums regarding the sendo x...

It all comes down to the same shite ... they are don't know exactly and it all depends on the providers...

Iím seriously thinking of getting an SX1, because:

- stereo playback
- usb connectivity
- 512 mb MMC support
- MMC not located beneath battery but on the side

i really wanted the sendo X
- special graphics acceleration (makes the phone faster?)
- flash
- better camera (?)
- 1 GB MMC / SD support

this is really shite ...

excuse me for my language ... Iíve been watching to much jamie oliver on tv here in Holland...