View Full Version : 3.62 errors

erad66
11-11-2001, 10:15 AM
Hi there,

I only have the following "problems" after upgrading from 3.18 to 3.62 (in the Netherlands such upgrade will take 3 to 4 weeks...)

1. I can't (re)install OPL, it gives the error msg that "Files are in use" (also when I cose every single application)

2. the internet connectivity works (I can send mail via my ISP), but whenever I wanna open an URL, it gives the msg that it can't open the webpage due to a "Bad Name". Local webpages are opening OK.

Both errors didn't show up whenever my OS was versioned 3.18 (but of course, numerous others did, but they seem to be solved by 3.62).

Does anyone has encountered the same issues, and/or knows how to solve these?

Many thanks for replying,

Erwin
...just another 9210 freak...

HotIce
12-11-2001, 12:13 PM
I can help you solve problem no. 1.

This is an issue for OPL runtime and is included in the documentation. All you need to do is delete the file "D\System\Fonts\Eon14.gdr" which was not deleted upon the previous uninstall. It is tricky though because it is in use every time.

You will have to remove your memory card and reboot. Let the communicator OS load with the memory card still removed. Once fully loaded, re-insert the memory card (you CAN do this without removing the battery) and go to file manager. Delete the file. Reboot to get the shortcuts to your apps back.

Try installing OPL. This time it should work.

erad66
12-11-2001, 08:18 PM
Hotice, you're great... Many thanks for letting me (and my kids) enjoy Solun again... Whenever I can do you a favour...

By the way, I managed to solve the second issue the Nokia service center set the "Use proxy" on yes, which obviously let to a bad name...

Thanks again.

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-12 1313, HotIce wrote
I can help you solve problem no. 1.

This is an issue for OPL runtime and is included in the documentation. All you need to do is delete the file "DSystemFontsEon14.gdr" which was not deleted upon the previous uninstall. It is tricky though because it is in use every time.

You will have to remove your memory card and reboot. Let the communicator OS load with the memory card still removed. Once fully loaded, re-insert the memory card (you CAN do this without removing the battery) and go to file manager. Delete the file. Reboot to get the shortcuts to your apps back.

Try installing OPL. This time it should work.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->

HotIce
12-11-2001, 08:54 PM
Not a problem. Glad I could help.