View Full Version : Sign sis for A920

aquawell
18-12-2003, 10:50 AM
So, is there any way to sign sis files for A920 or A925 now?
Or last "upgrade" is fake? There is no information for developers in Net :(

Ewan
18-12-2003, 11:06 AM
"3" operate a walled garden approach, and as such only "3" can sign applications and SIS files for use on the A920.

Lurix242
18-12-2003, 03:32 PM
Three have actually opened up their locked version of Symbian OS for A920. This means that unsigned applications can be installed.

The 'walled garden' (restricted internet access to Threes portal only) seems to be opened up for business users soon. As far as I know only UK and maybe Australia have this internet restriction. In Sweden we have full access to internet with Three.

But i was wondering.. When making the .sis file, do you have to sign it for specific platforms?

cleidh_mor
19-12-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Lurix242

The 'walled garden' (restricted internet access to Threes portal only) seems to be opened up for business users soon. As far as I know only UK and maybe Australia have this internet restriction.

Can anyone confirm this. What about normail users?!

Lurix242
19-12-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by cleidh_mor
Can anyone confirm this. What about normail users?!

There is a thread about this here: http://www.uk-net.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1081

cleidh_mor
19-12-2003, 02:45 PM
Ah well, having read that, it appears that it's no more than a scurrilous rumour. <sigh> I wish someone would publish one of these phantom patches. If the patch was freely available, thee wouldn't have much option than to free up the phone.

I really wish 3 would decide whether they're a mobile phone company or a content provider - at the moment they suck at both.

We can only hope that 3 are planning to open it up sooner rather than later.

---------------------------------
Walled garden? Walled shite more like!