View Full Version : Changing camera sound & alarm sound!!!

deevonn
29-08-2002, 04:05 AM
to change camera sound and clock alarm is ver y simple
just dowlnload the program SELEQ
and go to folder Z:/system/sound/digital to changed the camera sound
Erase the camera soud file to turn off the sound .
Or u can change it to any other sound you wish , such as CHEES! :P
just move the sound file from other folder to the original folder and rename it , with the same name as the original one.

For the alarm sound the steps are the same except
the original sound file will be at Z:/system/sound/simple
i've tried to changed it using normal sound file . rng
any one tried using . midi files ??

Hope its gonna be a quite usefull info :P

Ray
29-08-2002, 08:50 AM
...sounds nice and VERY simple, but...euh isn't Z: data on chip,
meaning ROM drive (= Read Only Memory)? :D

deevonn
29-08-2002, 11:40 AM
yes it is but using seleQ you can turn off the "read only"
and then delete it , and change it to the new one :P

Ray
29-08-2002, 11:58 AM
...well, if you're able to 'burn' or 'flash' a memory chip using SeleQ, I'd get it for sure....hehe :D :D :D :D

SwitchBlade
29-08-2002, 12:36 PM
This seleq sounds handy, can we get it for the 9210?

deevonn
30-08-2002, 03:18 PM
hmm I dun know about that maybe you can try to search it at my-communicator.com ?
:P

03-09-2002, 10:24 PM
I have SeleQ.

While you can browse the Z drive, you cannot defy the laws of physics and write to it.

death667
04-09-2002, 12:33 AM
http://www.ximplify.com/selQ/selQ_main.htm

try here....

katsudon23
10-09-2002, 02:45 PM
hey i tried accordingly but it is a read only memory file, i cant't even access to it let alone deleting it away.

cwleo8888
10-09-2002, 03:31 PM
if u r using efile then u hav to select to read system file, then only u can see it.For seleQ, u can see everything.

Manowar
10-09-2002, 03:34 PM
My alarm doesnīt sound like the file "alarm" stored in Z:/system/sound/simple :o
Are you sure that is the correct folder?

Manowar
10-09-2002, 04:24 PM
Oh, the file I was looking for was "clock.rng" stored in the folder that you say... I wanted to change the clock alarm sound. Now itīs ok ;)

katsudon23
11-09-2002, 07:11 AM
i can all the system files but when i wanted to delete the camera sound it says access is denied , check attribute. It is a ROM we can't delete it away even using seleQ.

Manowar
11-09-2002, 07:11 AM
Well... Iīd like to change the sound of my clock alarm. This file is stored on Z:/system/sounds/simple/clock.rng
Well, I use eFilemanager to do it. First I copy a .rng file from my list, and then I go to Z:/system/sounds/simple to paste it. But when I go to paste it, then a message appears: "Access denied".
Why? What am I doing wrong? If I can paste files on Z: (to change my operator logo for example), then I should be able to paste a rng file...
Any ideas??
Thanks!

mATRiX
11-09-2002, 09:07 AM
To be honest i never tried BUT the other guys complaining it's a ROM are WRONG. Guys get it, this is a flash, this flash is always read/writeable. So in case you really can change the attribute of the file to read/write instead of read only you can delete/overwrite it for sure.

Manowar
11-09-2002, 12:59 PM
I have tried it, but I can not change the attributes on Z:
:(
Damn, I hate the sound of the clock alarm!

12-09-2002, 10:23 PM
today when i heard the alarm i thought i was dreaming and heard a knock knock sound alike until my sister woke me up lol

Palendrone
16-09-2002, 11:14 PM
Yes I have just had a little play about on Z: and to no avail it seems as tho you cant change the attributes on Z: with with SeleQ as they are system files or maybe like some one else says that once something is on Z: there is no removing it !

Note to all dont go putting loads of crap on Z: that you cannot remove !

Ray
17-09-2002, 11:01 AM
...no worries, you can't place anything on Z: either :D :D :D
(=ROM)

Palendrone
17-09-2002, 04:06 PM
There may be some sort of code to change sommit on z: as i was browsing on my communicator last night to find that the 9210 has a feature on e-file manager if you put ++SP in it lets you play a little more !

http://my-communicator.com/9210/tips2_eng.php?plik=zdrive_eng

Perhaps there is something like this on the 7650 ! may be stabbing in the dark here but surely there is a way around it one way or another, as if you have the phone on silent it does not make a noise when you take a picture !

I am only really after finding this out because ppl tend to stare at you on the train home ( gorgous ladies i mean ) when you start taking some pics for your mates to see and they hear you snapping away ! DOH !