View Full Version : Which country makes the best music?

SwitchBlade
27-08-2002, 02:19 PM
In my opinion I'd put England top of the tree followed by Holland and Germany (probably in that order). But then I'm into hardcore and techno mostly. Where would others say the best music comes from and what genre is it you are listening to?

Ewan
27-08-2002, 02:24 PM
Scotland, for Folk music, the Corries and rousing anthems.
Huddersfield and East London for Iron Maiden.
Sheffield for Def Leppard

possan
27-08-2002, 02:26 PM
well, it isnt sweden for sure, just a lot of euro-disco-crap music ...

england gets one of my votes, mostly for all nice underground music coming from there.

and israel, isn't it there where astral projection resides...

TANKERx
27-08-2002, 02:30 PM
I think that Wales is a top place for music, from Male Voice Choirs, through relaxing Celtic music to the latest Manic Street Preachers, Stereophonics, Super Furry Animals and so on.

But currently, I'm listening to a lot of Gospel Music from churches whos names are longer than my arm, like the "New Testament Church of God in Christ Choir" - wow! Most churches in Wales are called things like "Bethel", "Beulah" or, like mine "Saron".

When I'm not listening to "Israel and New Breed" or "Scott Blackwell", it's usually the Blues Brothers or BB King.

upponalle
27-08-2002, 03:05 PM
I guess you have not been listening too much to Finnish music... :D
For those you like it, Darude and Bomfunk's MC are really good and who would have known that there are from Finland :)
What is wrong btw with Swedish music? ;)

Dazler
27-08-2002, 04:30 PM
Metallica(old days),Metallica(old days),Metallica(old days),Metallica(old days),Metallica(old days),Metallica(old days),Metallica(old days),Metallica(old days),Metallica(old days),Metallica(old days),Metallica(old days),Metallica(old days),Metallica(old days),Metallica(old days),Metallica(old days),Metallica(old days),Metallica(old days),Metallica(old days),Metallica(old days)

*sigh* you get my drift :)

Nosferatu
27-08-2002, 07:21 PM
well, it isnt sweden for sure, just a lot of euro-disco-crap music ...

Well if music aint your bag in sweden, perhaps this would??? heheheh... ;)
:oops: (sorry RAFE, i hope u will see this as ART...)

anyway, METALLICA (the Burton years...) rules!!!

upponalle
28-08-2002, 08:57 AM
Sorry, but Finlandia Vodka is much better!! :D

whiplash
30-08-2002, 09:41 AM
YAH the old metalli days...

as in "...adrenaline starts to flow.... whiplash!!"

and filandia vodka taste good eh...

:)

Dazler
30-08-2002, 09:44 AM
Hehe, right on! ;)

Tomahawk
30-08-2002, 12:24 PM
Anybody remember the old Smirnoff add on billboards where a gorgeous looking woman was being towed on a waterski behind a whale?

The strap line was " They said anything could happen......."

Smirnoff weren't too happy when they found out 18 months later that the "girl" was actually a man (before sex change anyway)!