View Full Version : Charging a new battery

jbbandos
27-08-2002, 10:20 AM
Has anyone else the same "problem", when charging a new battery (ie, a completely discharged one), the phone gives no signal, and one has to disconnect the charger and connect it again after more than a hour for it to indicate it is charging?

atene
27-08-2002, 10:38 AM
I've had the phone for 5 weeks, so i'm not too sure, but as far as i know i didn't have any problem of the sort

cwleo8888
27-08-2002, 11:10 AM
i seldom charge bat with my 7650 'cos most of the time I'm using desktop charger to charge bat. So far, only charge bat using my 7650 a couple of times but didn't really encounter the problems. I may want to start doing so to see whether do I hav the problem.

jbbandos
27-08-2002, 11:22 AM
The first time I noticed this was the first time I charged the phone. The battery was completely discharged, and I left it charging at home. After about 1h30, I noticed there was nothing showing, no indication the 7650 was charging. I took it to the store to ask for it to be replaced, and in the store 7650 showed all "normal signs" of charging when the charger was conected. I just thought I hadn't connected properly the charger, but yesterday I got a second battery, which was also completely discharged, and the scenario repeated itself... No signs of charging for about one hour, then when I disconnected and reconnected the charger it showed the growing bar, etc...

27-08-2002, 01:29 PM
umm..

in nokia phones if u set the phone off and charge it. When the battery is full, the screen just blank without any notice but the blank screen indicates the battery is full.

but i don;t know with 7650 cos still waiting mine next week