View Full Version : IM+ beta is available for 7650

Rafe
26-08-2002, 04:51 PM
The first beta version of IM+ The Multi-system Mobile Instant Messenger for Nokia 7650 is available now. At least 15 beta testers are urgently wanted. IM+ allows you to use your AOL, ICQ and other IM accounts on your 7650.

The best five testers (those who have found the most new bugs) will receive a final version of IM+ ICQ/AOL for Nokia 7650 free of charge.

http://www.im.shapeservices.de/betatest/index.html

TANKERx
26-08-2002, 08:45 PM
That agreement sounds a bit hefty.

If the Beta tester is willing to help with the tesating without a guarantee of a free copy, I think the rules are too tight - like, I must send off the log file once in every three days. Phew, how many GPRS Kb would that be?

I was going to offer to help, but I'll wait for the final product - methinks.

26-08-2002, 11:45 PM
Dear Sir,

Since the beta-test phase is very short to make the final version available ASAP, we need quick and thorough report from every tester.

Your sincerely,
SHAPE Services Ltd.

26-08-2002, 11:55 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

We are sorry to tell you, that we have already got over 30 registered beta-testers and we won?t be able to support more.
That?s why we have stopped the beta-tester registration.
We expect that the final version of IM+ ICQ/AOL for Nokia 7650 will be available in about two weeks.

Yours sincerely,
SHAPE Services Ltd.

SwitchBlade
27-08-2002, 01:57 AM
Dear Sir,

Since the beta-test phase is very short to make the final version available ASAP, we need quick and thorough report from every tester.

Your sincerely,
SHAPE Services Ltd.

I was gonna say something similar, but more on the lines of:

If you produce an app and it needs beta testing and you want it out fast, you either let lots of people test it and hope they report the bugs, or you get a smaller group to power use it and report the bugs regularly. In the latter case the bug reports aren't going to be large compared to a power user using the program and messaging lots.

27-08-2002, 06:23 PM
I can't even get it too work at all!!, It keeps giving me the message App Closed Implus User 130??

I think it needs to be a bit more user friendly, and you really didn't give me any info about how it works what to do! You just gave me a username, and expected me to know. Not very good if you ask me.

27-08-2002, 06:43 PM
There may be room for another BETA tester now, as I have dropped out.

Dazler
27-08-2002, 06:50 PM
It should be the same as the one for 9210:
http://www.allabouter6.com/software/reviews/9210/details/imreview.php

28-08-2002, 07:26 PM
There may be room for another BETA tester now, as I have dropped out.
27650 ME
Sorry, but User Manual and other detailed instructions will accessible only with release of IM+7650 .