View Full Version : anyone able to change the operator logo?

damnyooneek
28-11-2003, 06:09 PM
i've been trying to change the operator logo but no luck. i used FExplorer to change it but it doesnt do anything.

Mister.G
28-11-2003, 09:00 PM
I managed to change my operator log using file explorer, when i picked the picture i wanted and used options, set to operator logo it then said it had to reboot to install the new logo - job done! I think the size for op. logos is 97x25 pixels

SteveQ
28-10-2004, 07:32 PM
I also tried this and had no luck, I am using software called PC Mobile Drive which also allows access to the Z Drive, on my c:\ drive there was no folder called 'phone' but when i asked FExplorer to set an image with the right dimensions it made the folder, when i did a search on my phone for OPLogo I got the following:

OpLogoBC.r01
OpLogoBC.r02
OpLogoBC.r03

I also noticed an mbm file called Orange.mbm, these are in the Mobile Devices\Nokia N-Gage\Z:\System\Data but as far as I know my phone has never been on orange as I purchased it from a shop and the owner told me it was sim free.

Could that MBM file be the cause of it, i dont want to delete anything if its going to cause problems. :frown:

So can anyone help me, attached is the logo i want to use

Dazler
28-10-2004, 07:59 PM
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/support/viewsupport.php?id=28

N/A
29-10-2004, 02:59 PM
Note that an operator customized phone (firmware) may have the operator logo changing disabled (i.e., it will only use the text or operator's own logo).

The only way to have that addressed is to get the phone flashed with "generic" Nokia firmware by a Nokia service center.

Kamalayan
01-11-2004, 11:40 PM
i've been trying to change the operator logo but no luck. i used FExplorer to change it but it doesnt do anything.
Try going to the location of the operator logo and see if anyother file is there, I have encountered something like this on another phone and 2 files with two different extensions are present. Delete the old one and restart. Also an issue on some phones not allowing u to change logos as N/A mentioned but try this as well. :rolleyes: