View Full Version : Please help a puzzled lass!

Nettyinger
21-11-2003, 11:43 PM
I use Win98. What I would like, for a start is to transfer mp3 files to my N-Gage. Where do I start? (Yes chaps - I'm thick when it comes to new technology! But not blonde!!) I have a USB cable, I also have a bluetooth adapter conected to my pc. Can I use PC Suite for this job or something else? BTW, when I try to connect my phone in order to try to use PC suit - I can't. It's trying to find a connection via the cable/bluetooth via COM port 1/2/3 etc. I'm not using COM ports, I'm trying to connect via USB ports. Any ideas what is going on and how I can rectify it??

jaybadass
22-11-2003, 12:02 AM
use the usb cable, and forget bluetooth. put mp3's on that way

Nettyinger
22-11-2003, 12:15 AM
um, yes, but HOW??????? Please read my above message!

drager
22-11-2003, 12:43 AM
PC Suite is a application for bluetooth data transfer. for USB data transfer you don`t need anyhing. if you have installed you USB`s drivers before, just plug the USB cable to both your phone and computer. then ypur windows will recognise your NGage as a new hard drive (look to My Computer folder). then you can transfer any file you want as copying to a hard drive. it is thaat simple...

drager
22-11-2003, 12:48 AM
and please check the F.A.Q. (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17599) which is created by SAbz911 before asking a question like this...

Nettyinger
24-11-2003, 08:00 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can find my USB drivers??? Will they be on the disk that came with my N-gage or should they have been loaded on my computer already??

I'm sorry if I'm sounding a bit thick - and yes, I have read the FAQ but some of it is still as clear as mud to me!

GhostDog
24-11-2003, 11:41 PM
Well,usually in newer Winblows versions,2000 and XP,the drivers are built-in.Since you are using Windows 98 i don't think you have that luxury.Try using the USB drivers that came with your motherboard or try the NokiaAudioManager folder from the N-Gage CD.BTW: In order for the N-Gage to be recognized as a mass storage device by the OS a regular non-game MMC should be inserted in to the N-Gage's MMC slot.

Mister.G
28-11-2003, 05:56 PM
I managed to work out transferring music from my pc onto my phone, i used nokia audio manager with my usb cable (took ME ages to work out i couldn't use a game card to store music on) once that's done by plugging the usb cable first into your pc, then your pcs usb port it should automatically show as a storage device in your tool bar. Once this is done if you load audio manager up, you can search your pc for any compatible file types, then drag and drop what you want to transfer and it moves across very quickly. I used this method in conjunction with a music editing application to create my own edited mp3 ringtones (although 250 kb for a 1 second clip seems i little bit excessive)