View Full Version : Ok.... I've had enough of this bloody phone!

MR_RD
20-11-2003, 11:01 PM
Ok, I must have read every thread and faq on the net. All I get is connect your PC to your N-gage (done) make sure you have a mmc in (done) has it appeared as a drive on your pc (yes) now drag and drop files into the drive (arghhhh!)

This isn't working for me. I have mp3s on it transfered by the audio manager (great) but I have loads of software i wanna transfer over. I goes into the folder/drive but does it appear on the fone under apps or manager (no)

This fone is going to get dropped out of this 5th story window next to be and give someone a slight bump on the head below.... unless someone can pleeeeease help me...:(

MR_RD
20-11-2003, 11:38 PM
ok now im stressed.... formatted the mmc. Put it in the n gage. Pressed the mp3 button... and BAM!!! "memory car corrupt!" OH MY GOD. Its now not even recognised by the music manager. The fone is getting dropped and may god guide it onto some poor persons head...:mad:

audiophile
21-11-2003, 01:48 AM
put alll files directly into the root of the mmc

GhostDog
21-11-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by MR_RD
Ok, I must have read every thread and faq on the net. All I get is connect your PC to your N-gage (done) make sure you have a mmc in (done) has it appeared as a drive on your pc (yes) now drag and drop files into the drive (arghhhh!)

This isn't working for me. I have mp3s on it transfered by the audio manager (great) but I have loads of software i wanna transfer over. I goes into the folder/drive but does it appear on the fone under apps or manager (no)

Well,you should've read more.In order to see applications or games you have transfered to your MMC via the USB cable you need a file explorer.There is a great and free one available at www.gosymbian.com .Its called FExplorer.

drager
21-11-2003, 08:50 AM
MR_RD did you unplug your ngage from usb after copying the files ino it? because if you dont unplug then you can`t see any of the files from you phone`s ap and mp3 manager...
and GhostDog i don`t think its a necessary to waork on sis and mp3 files to install a file explorer. a file explorer will be very very helpful for your ngage but except jar files it is not necessary...

omegaman
21-11-2003, 09:48 AM
Mr_Rd , wow man, relax! Why do want so deserately to bruise an innocent bystandards head???? If you have read the faq's all over the net you would not be having this problem.

Get Fexplorer like ghostdog said and move your files to īthe root of the mmc like drager said and unplug the usb and have fun...

Watch out for a flying Ngage around this guy! Tell me where you're at I would like to catch the gage and then I'd have 2....

go gage

one_punch_pete
21-11-2003, 10:17 AM
OK, if the stuff you want to install are .sis files, put them into the root of the N-Gage from your PC, if your in XP, go down to your taskbar by the clock and click on the 'remove hardware' icon, and select your N-Gage. (This will safely remove it from the PC). Next, go to Tools/Manager. You should see your .sis files in there. Select them by pressing in the D-Pad, and select install. Go through all the gubbins, install it to wherever you want (it will ask to install it to either the device memory or your MMC). Installed!!!!!

If its .jar files (Java games), put them onto your N-Gage as before, and safely remove it from your N-Gage. If you've not got FExplorer installed, do it as above (its a .sis file). Open FExplorer, press right on the D-Pad when you've got E:/ selected (That's your MMC) and you should see your .jar files. Select them py pressing in your D-Pad, and they will be installed!!!!!

That's all you need to know! If your still havin trouble with your 'corrupt' card, try reformatting it through Tools/Memory/Options/Format Memory Card. If that doesn't work, the best bet is to drop it out of a 5th story window onto someones head.............................. :D

SAbz911
21-11-2003, 04:39 PM
PM me when your planning on dropping the fone.
Ill be waiting under the window!

A second N-Gage wud do me fine! :D

drager
21-11-2003, 04:42 PM
MR_RD; i think you are the first owner who hates this device this much :) try to love it. maybe things can be allright then :)

MR_RD
22-11-2003, 12:50 AM
ok im halfway there... it hasnt been dropped (yet) but i have formatted the card (bo!) but now its not being picked up on the pc via usb (which it should do because i have xp). WHY!!!!!

morb!d
22-11-2003, 11:15 AM
\o/ just a n gage n00b !! :D ;)

omegaman
22-11-2003, 11:48 AM
I recommend reading the manual and the n reading some of the faqs and then havin fun!

MR_RD
22-11-2003, 12:13 PM
ok I think its somthing to do with the fact the i have formatted the card. I put in floboarding and the pc recognises that the card is in and creates a drive. but with my 128 card it is still unrecognised.. hmmm. Cheers for explaining installing software. It works :cool: but i need to get this 128 card working, any ideas people?

drager
22-11-2003, 01:02 PM
are you sure there is no problem with your MMC card? maybe the whole problem is your MMC... did you tried h?s card on another phone? or are you sure that your card isworking OK? it can be spoilt... it your card can be unsupported by ngage...

MR_RD
22-11-2003, 04:56 PM
hmmm on the memory function inside the ngage it is recognised. It was corrupted i formatted it. But now nothing. It was recognised previously cos i had loads of mp3s playing off it. Is there a way of making it work!!

beast-za
30-11-2003, 09:01 AM
:confused: Can you use pc suit using the usb cable? How? I can only accsess the mmc with the usb. What am i doing wrong???:confused:

drager
30-11-2003, 09:48 AM
what you are doing wrong is using PC Suite for USB data transfer... you don`t need any extra software to make a USB connection. just click on your My Computer" icon n your desktop and see that you n-gage is shown as a new hard drive (when you plug the USB cable) . then drag and drop files in yu n-gage... and this is a very common question in this forum and there are answers in lots of threads. please check the old threads before aski?ng this. and there is a F.A.Q. thread on the top created by SAbz911. first check, if you cannot find then ask plz...

beast-za
30-11-2003, 10:13 AM
Thanx drager. What is pc suit for?:cool: :cool: :cool:

drager
30-11-2003, 12:12 PM
it is for data transfer via bluetooth...

:o and please first check the F.A.Q. (http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17599) first next time. because these questions are all answered there. if you have any other questions which are not answered in F.A.Q. then ask them freely...

i00
01-12-2003, 12:31 PM
try putting the files in the:

\Nokia\Sounds\Digital

directory of u're phone that way the media player will detect it

drager
01-12-2003, 12:37 PM
it is not necessary to put mp3 files to a specific folder defaultly. n-gage`s music player must detect mp3 files.