View Full Version : 6600 and MACOSX.... Bluetooth

Parousia
16-11-2003, 01:10 AM
hi guys:

really hope you can help me with this device, and using it through bluetooth to enable file transfers, and the functionality that you would get throught the PC suite.

I want to be able to store word docs.
if possible and of course the transfer of contacts and phone #(heard np on this)

really want this phone if it is going to be MAC friendly with the bluetooth.

Parousia

Gadget17
16-11-2003, 02:08 AM
Hi Parousia, Welcome to AAS.

I use a Mac (have PC as well) as the main way of interacting with my 7650 (basically the same).

iSync (http://www.apple.com/isync/) will copy Contacts and Calendar details across to phone.

Using BlueTooth file Exchange I am able t copy files to and from the phone, although you may have to change the settings in the BlueTooth section in Settings. Files are received into the Messages program where is a .sis file can be installed, Photos and text documents can be saved, but I have never needed Word files on my phone so someone else will have to help with that.

The 7650/3650 definately work with Mac so see no reason why 6600 shouldn't work.

Hope This Helps.

Parousia
16-11-2003, 07:34 AM
So.....

How to change a PDF or Doc. into a text file?
This is what may be required?

If I was to create some kind of file that was readable in the 6600 what would I save it as?

Parousia

BTW thanks very much :)

steffi
16-11-2003, 04:58 PM
Under OSX all you have to do is select the file in Finder then select Services->Send File To Bluetooth Device and it will be sent over.

astroboy
18-11-2003, 09:27 AM
Just bought my 6600 .. still realy excited about it ... and over the next few days / weeks I guess I'll be trying to do all sort of stuff with it...

Not sure if my Mac's have bluetooth installed .. one is the old titanium laptop andthe other is a newer iMac .. will have to inspect them and see if they came with bluetooth

rad-id
20-11-2003, 12:59 PM
hi all,

i use my 6600 with my powerbook and it works like a charm. Have to do the isync trick, but thats easy. Moving file with BT file exchange is also no problem.

I dont know about word files yet, i am still looking for program to use.

Anybody knows if it is possible to use software from 9210i? i tried but they wont open.... and also need pdf reader.

thx

astroboy
21-11-2003, 03:53 AM
this phone is great .. I just love it.. the size of the screen allows me to see my whole message on screen no more scrolling :-) really cool .. and I like the copy and paste function

yenb
25-04-2004, 07:34 AM
hi all,

i use my 6600 with my powerbook and it works like a charm. Have to do the isync trick, but thats easy. Moving file with BT file exchange is also no problem.

I dont know about word files yet, i am still looking for program to use.

Anybody knows if it is possible to use software from 9210i? i tried but they wont open.... and also need pdf reader.

thx

i am having trouble browsing the file directory on the phone using BT File exchange, am i suppose to see the file directory when i choose browse device from the menu? i'm running BT File exchange 1.5 and i have 6600

PhreakTastic
25-04-2004, 06:48 PM
i am having trouble browsing the file directory on the phone using BT File exchange, am i suppose to see the file directory when i choose browse device from the menu? i'm running BT File exchange 1.5 and i have 6600

I have the same problem problem, i think it must be a 6600 issue as it worked with other phones.

Andree
01-10-2004, 03:21 PM
Anyone found a way to browse the Nokia 6600 and grab all images and videos at once? I'm tired of sending 180 images from the phone to the computer one by one!

Andree