View Full Version : info on 7650i

Pages : [1] 2

21-08-2002, 11:12 AM
a friend of mine, who works for the Nokia Hungary has told me that in December 2002 they will luch 7650i with :

- MMC 32 mb
- li poly batery
- bluetooth headphones support
- 800 x 600 resolution camera - where is the flash light ? :(

price will be about 600 - 700 eur, at the same time the price of 7650 will fall at about 400 eur

if you dont believe - wait until November !

21-08-2002, 11:34 AM
That would be like Nintendo for a second time bringing out a peice of hardware soon to be replaced by a superior one ( gameboy colour and then gameboy colour pocket ), besides which i dont see why it would be called a "7650i" as thats more of Sony Ericsson naming convention.

Dont get em wrong i would like to be proven wrong and hope you are right ;0)

GhostDog
21-08-2002, 11:52 AM
Did your friend tell you what will happen to us,the early buyers,i dont think there will be an upgrade option.Damn,i payed 700 euros for mine,losing 400 euros from the price of my phone is definitely not my way of keeping a costumer.Why does not nokia make a new slogan for the 7650, "SonyErricson is your friend" or something. :evil:

Ewan
21-08-2002, 11:56 AM
besides which i dont see why it would be called a "7650i" as thats more of Sony Ericsson naming convention.

Don;t forget the improved 9210 is the 9210i, so there is a precednet for this name design.

x-daemon
21-08-2002, 01:25 PM
i hope, this is a fake message!!!
if not, please prove us!
and if it's true, then what the hell is nokia trying to do???? did nokie use us as experiments..????

SwitchBlade
21-08-2002, 01:39 PM
Somehow I doubt the 7650i will come so soon, the 9210i was announced not so long after the 9210 (about the same 6months or so) but you can only just buy them now. As for the i being an SE thing, I've never noticed anyone using an i suffix except Nokia with the 9000/9000i, 9110/9110i, 9210/9210i, I think they use it to denote minor improvements rather than a completely new device in the series, otherwise it'd make the 9210i the 9510. Anywho I don't think I've seen enough complaints yet for them to turn round and shift an upgraded model in 6months. Also they have other super-phones to complete and bring to market.

SwitchBlade
21-08-2002, 01:41 PM
did nokie use us as experiments..????

Well Micro$oft have been doing it a decade and not many people have complained, I wouldn't be surprised if other companies followed suit, although somehow I don't expect that of Nokia.

21-08-2002, 03:28 PM
its a shame we didnt know about this before as i would gladly love some more memory on this phone could we not upgrade our phone memory perhaps we could take our phones in to shop where they could do it for a fee

TANKERx
21-08-2002, 04:07 PM
Much as I am of the opinion the the 7650 doe not have enough memory and that the lack of expansion options are a big no-no, I also think that the 7650 is pretty much fine for the normal user.

We're geeks who are used to thinking in terms of megabytes while most mobile phone users are used to thinking in terms of room for names and addresses. Most normal, run of the mill users who may have upgraded from the 7110, 3210 Sony J5e or other phones, will be happy to be able to store 10 photos on the phone, let alone 30 or 40.

For me, seeing only 1643Kb free for storage is a disaster, for normal people, it's "Wow! That's one thousand, six hundred and forty three thingies free!".

I think that this, along with the push for cross platform mobile software which is available for download and installation over WAP (as opposed to native Symbian software which is great, but more bulky and more expensive) will empower users quite remarkably. The web viewer Midlet (for example) takes only 46Kb and it is excellent. And since the execution of software doesn't eat up storage space, I don't think the 7650 is as bad as I first thought.

It's not perfect, but it's not bad.

langdona
21-08-2002, 04:42 PM
I too am dubious about a 7650i being released so soon. However I seem to remeber reading somewhere that Nokia were developing another series 60 device without a camera, I wonder if this could be that? If a MMC card is included it sounds more than just a minor device upgrade.

Anyway this is all speculation. I expect to hear of many new Symbian based devices in the near future from most of the major manufacturers ;).

john74
21-08-2002, 08:28 PM
i think its a rumour !!!!!!Prove it

22-08-2002, 04:55 PM
May be 7650i won't be released so soon, but I think it will be released as Nokia 7650 is short of memory.

Global moderator
23-08-2002, 11:11 AM
a friend of mine, who works for the Nokia Hungary has told me that in December 2002 they will luch 7650i with :

- MMC 32 mb
- li poly batery
- 800 x 600 resolution camera - where is the flash light ? :(

price will be about 600 - 700 eur, at the same time the price of 7650 will fall at about 400 eur

if you dont believe - wait until November !
bullshit :evil:
then what about series 92xx??

24-08-2002, 11:00 AM
i think this is all a rumour. camera pics work VERY well (compared to the sony ericsson communicam).. even in the darkness you can take acceptable pics with the night mode (and i didn't expect my pics would look so good on the PC).
maybe there will be another NOKIA model with MMC slot and so on, but i don't think they will release another 7650 in the future.
hey, memory is not SOOO bad.. what do you guys want to do with it? it's not a computer, so it's quite alright it doesn't hold millions of games or so.
i'm very satisfied with the fact that you can store a lot more pics, mails etc than on sony ericsson t68i. (i have about 150 sms on my 7650 now and there's space for a lot more...).
and in spite of a few minor things, the software is also ok. it stores pics quite fast, IR works perfectly for me and display quality is really good also if you hold mit in direct sunlight.
( i was the unlucky owner of a sony ericsson t68i, and i've had to update my software every few weeks because of so many really bad bugs...)
better not believe any rumours....

24-08-2002, 12:43 PM
That would be like Nintendo for a second time bringing out a peice of hardware soon to be replaced by a superior one ( gameboy colour and then gameboy colour pocket ), besides which i dont see why it would be called a "7650i" as thats more of Sony Ericsson naming convention.

Dont get em wrong i would like to be proven wrong and hope you are right ;0)

"i" is also Nokias naming convention, for example 9210i.

24-08-2002, 12:45 PM
Did your friend tell you what will happen to us,the early buyers,i dont think there will be an upgrade option.Damn,i payed 700 euros for mine,losing 400 euros from the price of my phone is definitely not my way of keeping a costumer.Why does not nokia make a new slogan for the 7650, "SonyErricson is your friend" or something. :evil:

No upgrade option for us because there will be also hardware changes. You can sell your 7650 for 300 eur and add 400 eur for 7650 i :)

24-08-2002, 12:47 PM
if not, please prove us!
and if it's true, then what the hell is nokia trying to do???? did nokie use us as experiments..????

it`s all about marketing :evil:

24-08-2002, 02:52 PM
if not, please prove us!

it`s all about marketing :evil:

I don't understand why people would get upset about this. There is nothing new in it... In telecommunications / home electronics world you will always have different models with different abilities and they are announced throughout the year.

E.g. DVD players, you have your basic model for 200 euros and then advanced model for a bit extra. Same goes for TVs, microwave ovens, cars... Anything! Your high-end TV might have 90% the same components and SW as your basic low end model.

Early adopters will always lose in a way that their new toy will loose price quickly when other models with similar abilities hit the market. But that's normal life for tehcno geeks. My high-end computer was already absolete in few months when Intel/AMD keep slashing their prices.

Global moderator
24-08-2002, 03:41 PM
unbelievable :evil: :evil:
its not a rumor :evil:
http://nokia.3g-us.com/

upponalle
24-08-2002, 03:48 PM
Where does it say sth. about 7650i? This is the standard 7650! Check the specification page:
http://nokia.3g-us.com/nokia7650fullspecification.htm :evil:

racingboy
24-08-2002, 04:56 PM
that's just 3band i think

greetzzz

Global moderator
24-08-2002, 05:08 PM
Where does it say sth. about 7650i? This is the standard 7650! Check the specification page:
http://nokia.3g-us.com/nokia7650fullspecification.htm :evil:
say also"Email us now and you can be one of the first to know when the Nokia 7650i is available"
if this is true nokia is dead..remeber what happend with nokia 6310 & 6310i within 3 months :evil:

upponalle
24-08-2002, 07:48 PM
I've seen it now, butwhy would Nokia do this? (Okay it is Nokia) But directly under it, it says sth. like "pre-order your 7650". It doesn't sound logical to me. Let's see what will happen...

24-08-2002, 08:49 PM
it is probably a setup to collect email addresses for mobile related spam mail. i doubt that owners of 3g-us.com have any contact with nokia at all.

langdona
25-08-2002, 10:27 AM
say also"Email us now and you can be one of the first to know when the Nokia 7650i is available"

I'm not convinced that the reference to 7650i is anything more than a typo. The following word is 'is' i.e. 1st character 'i' and the following mail link just says 'Pre order7650'. The site does not otherwise mention a 7650i.

Andy

TANKERx
25-08-2002, 12:15 PM
Their JAVA games look interesting -> http://www.pokeplay.com/javamobilegames/index.htm

ebo
26-08-2002, 11:15 AM
i think this is all a rumour. camera pics work VERY well (compared to the sony ericsson communicam).. even in the darkness you can take acceptable pics with the night mode (and i didn't expect my pics would look so good on the PC).

I have tried both the 7650 and the Sony Ericsson T68i with the CommuniCam and I'm not so sure which one is better. The 7650 produces nicer colours, but tends to make very fuzzy borders and "artistic" images in dim lighting. Then again the CommuniCam seems to over-expose images very badly.

Summa summarum: It depends where and how you take pictures and you can get decent or very bad pictures with both "cameras".

I have also taken pictures from same places with a 3 megapixel digital camera that you can get for about 550 euros. Maximum resolution is 2048 x 1536 which is enough for even A3/A4 size priinting. Point being that I you want a camera, you can get a high-quality digital camera for 500 euros. Cameras in phones are more like toys for big boys. :)

Tero

SwitchBlade
26-08-2002, 01:31 PM
http://www.nokia.com/phones/7650i/ gives a "Sorry page not found" message, hence that phone is yet to have specs or exist. Until a spec appears there any guesses etc are fictional.

27-08-2002, 09:54 AM

you should believe me from the first day :D

At the beginning of September I will let you know if there will also be a GPS system in the new 7650i. They are not sure about that at this time.
And info for Germany: Vodafone Germany (is it there also?!?) has preordered 150.000 pieces of 7650i and it will be for 299 eur per piece if you upgrade your membership for 2 years.
There will also be some color changes on the phone and no design changes.

27-08-2002, 09:59 AM
http://www.nokia.com/phones/7650i/ gives a "Sorry page not found" message, hence that phone is yet to have specs or exist. Until a spec appears there any guesses etc are fictional.

Officialy yes. It will be represented on 26th September 2002 together with the first Nokia UMTS phone.

Until then, you should not believe me. It is your free choice. I have just preordered 7650i - of course for free 8)

TN
27-08-2002, 02:30 PM
Well if 7650i will be out in December this year im prolly going to sell my 7650 in the begining of November and w8 until SonyEricsson will rls their P800. 7650 is really a nice phone but it kinda sux that it didnt have MMC. I also read on a page that its not that expensive to buy 512ram to a P800, 4mb ram is a bit to lil in a 7650 ;D

/TN

Global moderator
27-08-2002, 03:07 PM

At the beginning of September I will let you know if there will also be a GPS system in the new 7650i. They are not sure about that at this time.
And info for Germany: Vodafone Germany (is it there also?!?) has preordered 150.000 pieces of 7650i and it will be for 299 eur per piece if you upgrade your membership for 2 years.
the strange is that sites admin told me that is a typo.what the fuck is going on with nokia? :evil:

27-08-2002, 03:31 PM

the strange is that sites admin told me that is a typo.what the fuck is going on with nokia? :evil:

Well it is a typo because public must not know about 7650i until 26 th september.

wait for a month and you will see. There will also be some additional programs. One of them will be graphical and that is all he told me

Global moderator
27-08-2002, 03:46 PM

Well it is a typo because public must not know about 7650i until 26 th september.

wait for a month and you will see. There will also be some additional programs. One of them will be graphical and that is all he told me
what new in 7650i?

GhostDog
27-08-2002, 08:15 PM
This is not about my pc beeing absolete in six motnths,or anything like it.I dont think that my Dual Athlon MP 1800 with Ati radeon 8500 will be absolete in six months,not even near that,this is about after one month of buying a top of the class phone (which was not cheap) that same phone is not even near the "top of the class" definiton,and why? i dont have the slitest idea.
Nokia must have a brand new "we will screw you ower" customer policy.I bet it is in small print somewhere,i must have missed it. :( :evil:
I apologise for the faul language used in this post.

PS:is anyone maybe interested in buying a brand new Nokia 7650 :D

Zipper
27-08-2002, 10:37 PM
I CAN OFFICIALLY SAY THAT THERE WILL BE A 7650i - BUT THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS TRI-BAND.

Global moderator
27-08-2002, 11:00 PM
I CAN OFFICIALLY SAY THAT THERE WILL BE A 7650i - BUT THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS TRI-BAND.
I am very happy to hear that.
but how do u know that?

Zipper
27-08-2002, 11:10 PM
I get to see a lot of technology in my job a long time before it hits streets or people even know about it, as its actually part of my job!

Global moderator
27-08-2002, 11:24 PM
I get to see a lot of technology in my job a long time before it hits streets or people even know about it, as its actually part of my job!
i hope you right mate..I have the 7650 just 3 weeks.. ;)
Thanks for the info

GhostDog
28-08-2002, 02:13 AM
That is wery good news,i hope you are right!! :)

PS: i'm not selling[/b]

28-08-2002, 08:43 AM

what new in 7650i?

- MMC 32 mb
- li poly batery
- 800 x 600 resolution camera

believe or not - u will se on 26 th september

Zipper
28-08-2002, 08:52 AM

what new in 7650i?

- MMC 32 mb
- li poly batery
- 800 x 600 resolution camera

believe or not - u will se on 26 th september

I have seen some preproduction 7650i's - Its just a triband phone, Nokia have said for ages theres going to be a 7650 for the america's, and this is it, nothing special, just what they said they'll do. I admit the above specs would be nice and would be great of it were gonna happen, but its not going to happen. If you want the above then buy a p800. (Except for camera resolution, but thats inherant of the type of camera they use, which dont actually go higher than 640x480, use very little power and are fairly robust).

28-08-2002, 10:00 AM
Absolutely right. It IS NOT a new phone. It is tri-band.

And I know.

SwitchBlade
28-08-2002, 12:15 PM
Now I'm reading this and all the banter currently suggests that this thread is breaking some NDAs from Nokia which means some people are due a spanking or Nokia haven't finalised anything yet and this is all pipe dreaming.

/me lights up a spliff and dreams of a nicely polished 9310 in his christmas stocking, complete with bluetooth, USB, stereo headphone socket, GPRS, changeable fascias, MMS, 32MB internal storage, 32MB RAM, full 400Mhz ARM9 CPU, inbuilt borometer, real chome chassis option, airbag in case it's dropped, multi colour front screen LEDs, MMC and CF slots (mmmm IBM Microdrive).

It's due at christmas folks, hope I've not broken my NDA, lol.

Chucky Egg
28-08-2002, 12:37 PM
wot no remote control for your car (ala James Bond)?

Ray
28-08-2002, 01:44 PM
..here the 9310s available and in stock :D

Zipper
28-08-2002, 02:26 PM
..here the 9310s available and in stock :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D hehehehe

ebo
29-08-2002, 04:48 PM
Some people have suggested that 7650i would only be released in the USA. This does not sound logical. Usually models with "i" have been improved versions of existing GSM 900/1800 phones.

The 6310i is a bit better version of the 6310. It is tri-band, but has also been released in Europe.

Models that have been released for the U.S. markets only, have had totally different model numbers (e.g. 9210 vs. 9290).

Tero

29-08-2002, 07:47 PM
Vodafone Germany (is it there also?!?) has preordered 150.000 pieces of 7650i and it will be for 299 eur per piece if you upgrade your membership for 2 years.

i contact via email vodafone Germany:
Dear Mr **,

Thank you for your email.

At the moment we unfortunately have no information about the feature date of
the Nokia 7650i.

For further information please contact Nokia directly under

o 01805-234242 or
o www.nokia.de.

We do not record this e-mail. If you contact us again, please send the entire
inquiry including Vodafone number and customer password.

Kind regards

Vodafone-WebTeam
E-Mail: kontakt@vodafone.com
remain to see how is right(7650 maniac or Zipper)

30-08-2002, 10:57 AM
Well i don't know much about this, but i had a expensive n7650 two weeks ago, and i would hate if 7650i was a much better phone.

However, i must admit that after a bit thought, i think that the only feature of this phone should be triband ability.

If a lot of other things (such as mmc 32mb right?, 800x600...) are in the phone, than nokia wouldn't call it 7650i, but most likely 7660, or 7670. And do you know why?

Because it happened the same thiong with the 3310/3330 phones.

The major difference was wap acess, and they didn't call it 3310i.

Please show me what you think about this...

30-08-2002, 11:38 AM
I think that you are wrong!

the 3330 3310 are low end phones. The 6210 went to 6310, then 6310i cos it has java and is tri-band.

this is why there is speculation about a 7650i.....

Please tell me what you think about this.

Al3xandr3
30-08-2002, 11:44 AM
i don't know if i didn't make myself clear, or if you didn't understand me...

What you are saying about 6210 - 6310, is different, because what changes is the model itself.

6210-6310 two different phones It's like 3310, 3410, 3510......

the second number changes, you see? 3x10

it's like, 7650 and 7750...

in this case, you said it, 6310 to 6310i added java and triband, so it s a minor improvement, that's why i think 7650i will only have minor improvements...

but that's me...

30-08-2002, 11:54 AM
I understood perfectly... it is you who have contradicted - look:

"in this case, you said it, 6310 to 6310i added java and triband, so it s a minor improvement, that's why i think 7650i will only have minor improvements... " <-- YOU JUST SAID

"Because it happened the same thiong with the 3310/3330 phones.
The major difference was wap acess, and they didn't call it 3310i. " <-- YOU SAID BEFORE

so is wap a major improvement??? I dont think so. i think java, gprs and tri-band is fairly major!!!!!!!!! so why didnt they call the 6310 the 6410 - thats what you are suggesting.

silly.

18-12-2002, 06:04 PM
Nokia not announced a phone named 7650i. There is a Tri-band phone on Series 60 platform and Nokia announced the launch of its newest imaging phone 3650 at the "Totally Board" event in Marseille.

mrkin
18-12-2002, 10:03 PM
7650 still rules. The looks of 3650 really sucks..

seanmiguel
19-12-2002, 02:33 AM
dang! old thread! wasn't even a member when it was posted! 8) give the 7650i issue a break! it's not happening -YET! :D

Rear_Admiral
19-12-2002, 03:38 AM
Maybe nokia should just quit the numbering and just give real names to their phones... This is just too darn confusing.... 640 650 2100 3210 3310 3330 3410 3510 3510i 3650 5100 5110 5210 5510 6090 6100 6100 6110 6150 6210 6250 6310 6310i 6510 6610 6650 6800 7110 7210 7250 7650 8210 8310 8810 8850 8890 8910 8910i 9910 9910i 9210 9210i, again, who cares.... I don' know the difference anymore.... Maybe the N-Gage will break tradition and make things easier..... :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

FOX HOUND
19-12-2002, 12:52 PM
Maybe nokia should just quit the numbering and just give real names to their phones... This is just too darn confusing.... 640 650 2100 3210 3310 3330 3410 3510 3510i 3650 5100 5110 5210 5510 6090 6100 6100 6110 6150 6210 6250 6310 6310i 6510 6610 6650 6800 7110 7210 7250 7650 8210 8310 8810 8850 8890 8910 8910i 9910 9910i 9210 9210i, again, who cares.... I don' know the difference anymore.... Maybe the N-Gage will break tradition and make things easier..... :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
trust me YOU DON'T WANT THEM TO START THAT
in Saudi Arabia they don't use the numbers only names
6110=cool
6310=cool 2000
6310i=upgraded cool 2000
and so on
:D :D :D

Rear_Admiral
19-12-2002, 01:26 PM

Alcohol makes you do funny things, couldn't remember I did that.............

Jesal
20-12-2002, 01:53 PM
hope this is crap. or a lotta ppl are gonna b upset i say

GhostDog
20-12-2002, 02:04 PM
I dont know why are people discussing this.
I've had my 7650 for 5-6 months now and i'm quite pleased with it.
And i'm not going to be upset if the 7650i pops up.
Should be people upset about the p800 poping up?

04-03-2003, 04:08 AM
guys. I only want to say that i bought 7650i today. THIS PHONE EXISTS.
It was not a rumor it's true. Problem is that i can't find nothing about this phone anywhere. Not even of oficial web site.

Anyone bought it except me?

Marin

Seremify
04-03-2003, 06:21 AM
u sure? i can't find it on the nokia website.. and they usually have every phone. maybe its just a localised model.. triband?

or maybe you bought the 7650 ZhongWen Edition?

Rod
04-03-2003, 08:04 AM
Oh my goodness is this photo real?!?!?!!? NO WAY right? somebody prove me wrong! Maybe somebody can translate that page.

BUT more than likely it's gotta be a touchup! Hope this quenches the thirst for all u die hard believers of the 7650i fans! hehehehe But looks very touched up.

I have been noticing on some webpages advertising that they sell a 7650i. but I think it's just lack of knowledge or a simple error.

It's easy to get confused like the 8910 or 8910i. So a seller might think, hey since this is a coloured phone maybe it's an "i" ?!? dunno..

Cheers

http://www.stoopy.com/cgi-bin/pocketil/ktalk/1040244775,32851,.shtml

kobe24
04-03-2003, 08:55 AM
I think its fake. WHere's the Multimedia option??? Images can be sent through MMS.

Franco74
04-03-2003, 09:13 AM
it´s definately a fake.
if you copy the picture and pull the display bigger, you´ll see that "to MMS" is written in bigger letters than the other menue points and setted to much on the left side...
btw: the language should be hebrean - if you follow a few links on stoopy.com you get linked to a *.co.il-site, which is israel...
EDIT:
And: at the postition where the MMC is placed on the photo, there´s no space on a real 7650, because there´s the on/ off-button and the casing is definately to thin at that position. I think MMC could only be placed under the batterie like in 3650...

Seremify
04-03-2003, 10:09 AM
I'm pretty sure its fake as well because the MMC card will not fit; and also yes I saw the "TO MMC" looks a bit 'out of place'.

Marius
04-03-2003, 11:06 AM
why do you guys even still talk about the 7650i
if it were real we would have herd about it from the official nokia website...
any one have any idea when nokia will make another Symbian phone??

willbrady
04-03-2003, 02:11 PM
Guess what has turned up today from Nokia R+D
Yep - amonst others a 7650i !!!!!
It looks exactly like the 7650 but with a metalic blue casing.
The MMC card goes under the battery the same as the 3650 - the pic above is a fake - you do not 'send' images to the MMC - in 'settings' you can choose to 'save' the images to the MMC.
Firmware is version: 1.34 25-11-2002 nhl-8, which was the same as our 3650's and the same as my personal 3650 bought from China.
Now, wheather this phone is for developers only I do not know - maybe it's an early '3650' that went out to the developers and we happen to have one in our box I'm not sure, we were sent the beta 3650 months back so I don't know why this would be here.
Maybe it is a 'public' release phone maybe just for developers as we were always complaining of the linited memory when beta testing many applications at once.
The Nokia rep will be here tomorrow to showcase these phone, I'll give you more details then.
Perhaps even it's the 7650+ that people are talking about??

When I get more info I'll send it across.

Will

Makkara
04-03-2003, 02:24 PM
guys. I only want to say that i bought 7650i today. THIS PHONE EXISTS.
It was not a rumor it's true. Problem is that i can't find nothing about this phone anywhere. Not even of oficial web site.

Anyone bought it except me?

Marin

Ya probably bought a 7650 for the price of 7650i.

way to go.

willbrady
04-03-2003, 02:32 PM
Hi.
A couple of quick pix - sorry about the quality.

04-03-2003, 04:06 PM
WOW - this is great news!!! :D
This is finally the proof we were looking for.
Lets hope it's an official phone and not some developer thing.

Any more pictures?
Is the software the same?
Any thing else new?
Did the improve the camera to that of the 3650?
More info pleeeeeeeeeeeease
;)

liverpool lad
04-03-2003, 04:09 PM
How long will it take for us to fill up a 16mb card??

(well first it's gotta be released, then we've got to buy it :( )

Paul

labrat
04-03-2003, 04:25 PM
besides which i dont see why it would be called a "7650i" as thats more of Sony Ericsson naming convention.

Don;t forget the improved 9210 is the 9210i, so there is a precednet for this name design.

and the 9110i and the 6210i.... there are loads of precedents.

ili
04-03-2003, 05:39 PM
This is just a memory card placed in the battery's room!!! :D :D :D

Queux
04-03-2003, 05:46 PM
Hi.
A couple of quick pix - sorry about the quality.

Could u take a pix of the Phonenumber.
About the Mmc card. Why aren't somekind of lock. Would it just be but under the battery?

simeonbubblegum
04-03-2003, 05:48 PM
The MMC card goes under the battery the same as the 3650

There is no room for memory card in the keypad. If MMC were in that place it must be embedded for about 1 mm in bottom of the battery slot but then there is the circuit board of the keypad in the way. I don't think there is even room for MMC contacts in the circuit board.

willbrady
05-03-2003, 09:17 AM
Yes, on this phone there is no clip to hold the MMC Card in place, the battery holds it in place.
Not sure what you mean by there is no space for it under the battery, obviously there is cause that's where they have put it!?

I'll get you some better pix from our digicam, the ones yesterday were just taken with another phone.

Hmm - what more evedience can I give you... A pic of the nokia rep when he turns up holding the phone or somink??

Tell me what you want as proof and I'll show you :)

Actually the best proof would be some kind of official annoucment from Nokia or at least an aknowledgement that these phone are out with developers.
I'm as confusued as you guys about all this!
Hopefully we'll have some answers later today :)

Best

Will

MemphisX
05-03-2003, 09:30 AM
If the mmc is behind the battery. Then the battery should be smaller and maybe a li-pol. And not li-ion, in order to fit...

willbrady
05-03-2003, 09:53 AM
The battery on this one looks just the same as any other 7650 battery as far as I can see?

Says nokia blb-2 3.6v
Its a Li-ion battery.

Are you thinking the battery needs to be slimmer, this one does not look slimmer..

Just checked with a standard 7650, the battery is exactly the same.
Thou the back casing is slightly fatter/higher on the 7650i, this must be because of the space issue - only slightly bigger thou about half a mm.

will

langdona
05-03-2003, 10:15 AM
I'll remain sceptical untill their is an official announcement. This is mainly because I was sceptical about the SX1 pictures and was proved completely wrong, so hopefully I'm wrong this time :D.

I'll ask this question anyway, is the phone triband I would assume it must be if its based on the 3650?

I think a 7650i is a logical step for Nokia, the 3650 is a 'Youth phone' so they will still want something for the professional market, of course this could be something completely new but why re-invent the wheel? ;)

steve_perry
05-03-2003, 10:29 AM
I guess the easiest way to settle doubters' minds is to take a picture of the battery compartment with the MMC card removed to see the contacts behind.

Just an idea. :)

S.

05-03-2003, 10:46 AM
How about posting a photo of the label under the battery, showing that it says "7650i" or similar? I'm still very sceptical about this.

p51
05-03-2003, 10:54 AM
can you take a picture of the compartment with the memory card removed?

so we can see the contacts for the memory card?

or screen shots (with one of the screen shot software programs) of the phone with details of the memory card shown?

thanks

liverpool lad
05-03-2003, 10:54 AM
I believe you willbrady, but it looks like you've got a bit of convincing to do :D :D

Paul

p51
05-03-2003, 10:55 AM
sorry steve_perry,

did not see your post, my pc had not refreshed :(

steve_perry
05-03-2003, 11:31 AM
p51,

no problemo :)

Great minds think alike eh?

They also say...
Fools seldom differ.

*GRIN*

S.

willbrady
05-03-2003, 11:45 AM
Hmm - whatever pix I give you as 'evidence' can easily be reproduced in photoshop quite easily, so you will say they are just fakes.

I can give you screengrabs but that's no real proof as I could have easily taken them from a 3650 screen?

Not sure what I can give you - apart from a link on Nokia's website with an offical announcement?

And for some reason they are staying tight lipped?

They normaly announce a new phone many months before the 'real thing' arrives yet these are in the hands of developers and not a word from Nokia?

We did not even know this was arriving?
Not even sure I should be telling you about it - our company has signed a non-disclosure agreement many months ago ;)

Lets see what I can get out of the guy later today, perhaps I can get some kind of official response from him!

Best

Will

langdona
05-03-2003, 12:17 PM
I would not be surprised if they kept quiet about a 7650i until it was ready to release, because once announced it would kill the sales of the original 7650. They made that mistake with the 9210i they announced it well in advance so the 9210 sales dried up, which delayed the availability of the 9210i whilst suppliers tried to clear the old stock. Its been stated elsewhere that Orange stopped ordering new 7650's some time ago, perhaps a 7650i is the reason and not the 3650 which is aimed at a slightly different market segment.

Again I wont be convinced untill they announce it but a 7650i makes sense to me.

ivansergei
05-03-2003, 12:31 PM
Langdona's words makes sense.
Ure probably right my friend :D
fingers crossed 4 CeBIT 2003

MaleBuffy
05-03-2003, 12:36 PM
Orange might have stoped ordering 7650 due to the arrival of the P800. Networks dont relly care of the brand name, they think that a 7650 can be replaced by the P800 as well as a new Nokia phone. For me Orannge and any other network knows sh***t about mobile phones and their category. Our users know 100% more about the industry. I am afraid that Oragnge stoped orders because they made a buld order for P800 and now the 3650 so that makes ordering more 7650's pointless. However, fingers crossed...

willbrady
05-03-2003, 12:38 PM
Had a think - how about this then guys.

A pic of the menu in 'camera' which clearly shows you can select to save your images to the memory card.

The pic has been taken with a 7650 - for those who want to look at the metatags you can see it was taken and posted directly from a 7650 and not gone via photoshop and been edited in any way.

I have not even bothered to rotate the image.. in case you think I have 'tampered' with it.

Perhaps someone who knows how to read the metatag info (I don't!) can confirm what I am saying and that this picture has come from a 7650 and not been retouched / resaved in an image editor, as I beleive if this were the case the metatag details would be missing or incorrect??
That's what I read on another thread anyways...

Hope this helps you all :)

willbrady
05-03-2003, 12:49 PM
Malebuffy - have you installed 'women.zip' ?

Be vary carefull - your right there is NO documentation and my copy worked fine for about 2 years when by surprise I was foced to upgrade it to 'wife V.1' else the pluggins stop working, especially 'sex.exe'

BUT 'wife' installed 'mothering law.exe' with out me knowing and it interferes with all kinds!

Also 'wife' does not work well with 'lads night out' and you'll find 'sex.exe' will stop responding.

I tried to get round all this be downloading 'mistress.zip' but beware YOU MUST run it in STEALTH MODE!! If it is detected by 'wife' or indeed 'mothering law' you will find you'll get 'divorce.zip' self install on your system!!

A word of advise too, don't do wat I did - download your 'mistress.zip' from a reliable sourse as you don't want to infect your system with a virus, if this is passed onto 'wife' you'll find 'divorce' will imeadiatly self install and wipe out your bank balance!!

:)

MaleBuffy
05-03-2003, 12:55 PM
I will keep that in mind. Thanx..Still looking for Woman.doc.

Anyways, interesting image you got there. Wanna see more...more more more

Bob
05-03-2003, 01:02 PM
looks cosher to me. Just hope it is not just a development platform.

Bob

MemphisX
05-03-2003, 01:03 PM
I use girlfriend.Com, it uses skins (they have a .girl extension). After sometime of use it gave of an error message that it needed to be updated to woman.Zip. I removed the skin and installed a new one and the errors was gone. Unfortunately i can't install the old one and also i can't use more than one skin at a time, but i heard there is one crack for this program, that lets you do it. Unfortunately this is illegal...and it may also ruin the device :D

HyPeR
05-03-2003, 01:26 PM
Whats all this hype about the 7650i..... all i hear is 7650i.....
i think nokia should just put in a small revolving camera like the samung on the 9210 & wham...the best phone ever..... :robot:

what say all of you?

cheers
HyPeR

JyriK
05-03-2003, 01:35 PM
The pic is from 7650 (v3.12) taken 05/03/2003 12:08:27
But whose to say that the screen aint photoshopped first and then just displayed on phone fullscreen :D ;)
Might be real, might be not :P

littlecharva
05-03-2003, 01:36 PM
Am I blind?

I can't see any images or links to images anywhere in this thread.

Is this a wind up?

BTW, malebuffy, good to see another geordie on here.

EDIT: They've just appeared, as if by magic. Ignore me.

willbrady
05-03-2003, 02:25 PM
did not even think of that one!!
So really, no matter what I do, whetever I show you can be also faked in some way, so there is no real proof unless it comes out the mouth of Nokia themselves.

Well lets hope an announcement is made soon then!

Anything else I can show you that can not be faked? - I don't think there is :(

NightSpider
05-03-2003, 02:28 PM
i think as someone said b4 a picture of the mmc slot showing the pins.

that would show that the phone has a space for the mmc card :D

littlecharva
05-03-2003, 02:52 PM
And it would be harder to fake.

What a bunch of old cynics we are:

"I've got a 7650i"

"No you haven't, I don't believe you!"

:-)

JyriK
05-03-2003, 02:53 PM
Well lets hope an announcement is made soon then!
Yeah.

Anything else I can show you that can not be faked? - I don't think there is :(
Maybe picture of the pins under the memorycard, taken with 7650. With metadata intact.
That would be REALLY hard to fake. :D

willbrady
05-03-2003, 03:26 PM
haha you guys are so funny!
Why would I be not telling the truth about somthing this important!

Anyways - the Nokia rep should be here soon.
Here is the pic you wanted, anything else just let me know :)

p51
05-03-2003, 03:31 PM
:o :o :o
No offence mate, but my scepticism has been fuled by coutless "i" and "+" runours.

Now unless this is a photshop product, it is looking real to me!

Want to sell me one???? :D :D

NightSpider
05-03-2003, 03:46 PM
this must only be for devlopers......

does anyone think it will be possible to get our current 7650's changed/adapted to have the new mem card slot? :o

JyriK
05-03-2003, 03:52 PM
...will be possible to get our current 7650's changed/adapted to have the new mem card slot? :o
No way!

NightSpider
05-03-2003, 03:54 PM
even a small slim miniscule chance possibly maybe......anything....

DEAR GOD!!!!! GIVE US HOPE!!!!!! :D

Queux
05-03-2003, 04:33 PM
Could u take a better pic of the little white laber on the back. Perhaps so we could see the model number

willbrady
05-03-2003, 04:46 PM
Model number just says '7650' I'm afraid - not even an 'i' on the end.

Thats what makes me think it's either developer 7650 or just a very early 3650 before the 3650 casing and brand was made and we have it by mistake or somink?

Will

Nemis
05-03-2003, 05:01 PM
open and post schematic's
:D

langdona
05-03-2003, 05:03 PM
Model number just says '7650' I'm afraid - not even an 'i' on the end.

Thats what makes me think it's either developer 7650 or just a very early 3650 before the 3650 casing and brand was made and we have it by mistake or somink?

Will

Thats why I was wondering if it was TriBand, although I'm not sure how you could tell?

willbrady
05-03-2003, 05:13 PM
Anyone know how to tell if it's tri-band or not?
Is it in the networks settings or somink?

I'll have a look in the settings see what I can see..

mattw
05-03-2003, 05:22 PM
MaleBuffy, despite Orange not selling 7650s at the moment and not letting retailers have them, I currently have a faulty one and was told by Nokia helpdesk that the rumours that orange have stopped purchasing the phone are 'fabricated lies' and that they are still buying the phone off of Nokia, and it is definately not discontinued.

3ddy
05-03-2003, 07:28 PM
I dont want any 7650i being announced because I am a jealous guy!!

:bad-words:

Hektik
05-03-2003, 08:10 PM
Well a search for "7650i" on google comes back with lots of links - Maybe someone can translate either of these two? Probably just a waster of time but you never know...

http://www.mobile-review.com/itogi/2002/september-np1.shtml

http://www.omportal.com/showmodel.php?brand=nokia&model=7650i

05-03-2003, 08:54 PM
and do you see the color! Metalic blue like willbrady says!
Anyone can translate this page, does it say memory card?
Looks like it is only 2 band I can see that.
Bluetooth Audio?
Willbrady does it have bluetooth audio?
What did Nokia say?
I want one!
Sell me yours NOW :)

rush
05-03-2003, 10:55 PM
it is fake ( i think so)
look in 1'st pic . the mmc card looks like be set into the cover ( embedded in bottom of the battery slot )
in last pic we see that the mmc card must stick out of the battery slot so batery must be slimer . but we see that is the same battery

Pozdr
Rush

PS sorry for my english :oops:

06-03-2003, 12:28 AM
Does not look like it is set into the cover to me, if fact the opposite, it looks like he has just put a memory card into the battery cover and taken the picture I can not see a recess? He also said the battery is same as normal 7650 and cover is thicker, this would make sense to me but I must admit this would not hold the MMC very well?
I think it must be real, how can you fake the last picture unless you can edit and save a 7650 picture but keep the magadata saying 7650?
The other messages say tis is not possible?
Is this possible does anyone know.

I will wait to see what is said from Nokia. Very interesting.

nk8
06-03-2003, 09:12 AM
here's my russian skills to work...

All month rumors that the company prepares updating for the smartfone Nokia 7650 persistently circulates. It was suggested, that by analogy with Nokia 6310 and Nokia 6310i this pattern will refer to Nokia 7650i. In it the company will remove annoying absence of a voice structure for bluetooth, will increase capacity of the accumulator (lithium - polymeric) and will expand a memory size accessible to programs (a minimum up to 8 Mb instead of 2). The P800 wins on all parameters at the original 7650. But to change the version of operational system, Both was the sixth originally but then the P800 later on in the developing stages upgraded to Symbian 7.0. An expected release time for the Nokia 7650i is roughly in December.

06-03-2003, 09:33 AM
This is sounding more like reality everyday.
Has anyone confirmed that the latest picture of phone and mmc contacts showing is genuine and not tampered with?

Personally I still hold judgement till Nokia say something.

richdjs
06-03-2003, 09:58 AM
One thing I noticed is that it only has six contacts. So what type of card would it use anyway MMC has seven.

richdjs ;)

liverpool lad
06-03-2003, 10:05 AM
Well, first I trust in what willbrady is saying. If he's seen it... why would he want/need to deceive us?? He certainly wouldn't be able to show his "face" here again.

secondly, as the P800 gains traction, Nokia the company (not just the 7650 phone!) will be at a severe disadvantage. Nokia need to maintain the "cutting edge" image.

anyway, product lifecycles are shortening all the time, the 7650 will probably have had a good 12 months before it gets retired. Nothing wrong with that, I say.

And you could even argue that they read the forums! we are always complaining about lack of memory :D

Paul

06-03-2003, 10:11 AM
One thing I noticed is that it only has six contacts. So what type of card would it use anyway MMC has seven.

richdjs ;)

Hey! thats right - willbrady you've been caught out!

Good gag thou, had us all going there for a while!

nk8
06-03-2003, 10:13 AM
what about the information from that russian site though?

langdona
06-03-2003, 11:00 AM

richdjs ;)

Correct a MMC card has 7 contacts at the back so I thought I'd check it on my 9210. It has 7 holes in the metal casing where the MMC card goes. Pull out the MMC and look through holes, only the 1st 6 have contacts underneath :o .

So it could still be real!

I still wont be convinced that a 7650i is coming unless Nokia announce it.

willbrady
06-03-2003, 11:39 AM
Morning all.

Richdjs, Yes MMC DOES have 7 pins on the card - but the device only uses 6 of them, don't ask me why - I don't know, anyone there with a 3650 can confirm this.

First off, VERY interesting meeting with Nokia rep yesterday!!
As I said before, our company signed a non disclosure agreement so LEAGALY I should not be saying this, so DON'T QUOTE ME - PLEASE!

7650i is real
It WILL NOT be called 7650i, just 7650
Nokia WILL make officail announcment EARLY next month
They do not want to piss on the fire of the 3650 launch, 3650 is their flagship mass market phone, they do not see 7650i as mass market but for 'die hard' fans of 7650
When 7650 stocks deplete 7650i will replace them, no big launch.
7650i will be metalic blue so if you buy one look for metalic blue one and it will be 7650i
Will be in the shops AFTER 3650.

Now there is one final BIG scoop, again PLEASE don't quote me, but all I can say is...
how would you like to be able to walk into your local NSC and EXCHANGE your 7650 for an upgrade fee! - WATCH THIS SPACE!!

;)

Will

liverpool lad
06-03-2003, 11:59 AM
Great willbrady. didn't hear a word of all that ;)

really like the sound of an upgrade :D

Paul

martinharnevie
06-03-2003, 12:03 PM
Could this be a confusion with the imminent 3650?

FOX HOUND
06-03-2003, 01:37 PM
still talking about that

06-03-2003, 01:52 PM
Old news?
First I've heard of it!
I asked at the carphonewarehouse here in Bristol UK and they have not heard of it?
but he then this was the shop that said they would be getting the Nokia 3650 in December.

06-03-2003, 02:01 PM
I don't believe a word of what Willbrady's saying. Why don't you put more pics here, like pictures of screenshots with the phone. Stop saying you can't convince us by putting pics on the forum. Let's see how good your photoshop skills are. And then we'll see how convincing the pics are.

You say Nokia will have more info next month, but if there would be a 7650i it would definitely be released during Cebit next week.

Why don't you make a video of it with your other phone (using PV, Hantro, VideoMMS) and put that on here.

MemphisX
06-03-2003, 02:05 PM
I cannot say anything about that cause i cannot even see the photos (posting through wap). But with lot of imagination and if this is true then nokia may had changed the architecture of the phone so the sim card goes behind the battery like almost all nokia's phone (not mmc card, besides the sim needs 6 pins...) and the mmc goes where the sim was originally. Anyway that's were my imagination goes, and as i said haven't seen the photos yet. But in a couple of days... I.ll make my full comments. Just hoping that if this is true we will be able to get an upgrade , at least on a small fee (eg.30-60 ¬).

06-03-2003, 03:44 PM
True or not, next month is not long to wait to find out for sure.
I think i will hold off buying a 3650 until then.
Searching Google does bring up a lot of links supporting willbradys claims, but no one else actually says they have seen one.
He was the first to tell about Oplayo2 and bango and all were true so how does he know all this? Willbrady, show us a video like guest says, then we might trust you.

:agrue:

Magic
06-03-2003, 04:02 PM
still talking about that

Yes they are still talking about that and even someone will appear in near future something like "I have bought 7650i"... hehe :D
I think they want or need to believe this gossip.. :-?

k
06-03-2003, 04:12 PM
so willbrady, d u manage to try n connect it to a bluetooth headset yet ??

jus a thought

willbrady
06-03-2003, 04:59 PM
Hi K.
We only have one BT Headset here as it is not somthing we are interested in as a company, we are mainly a content supplier for the phones, the BT Headset we have is for a 3650 and is not currently in the office - when I get it back I'll test it for you.

Here is a quick video for you taken with a 3650 - I'll do more tomorrow - I do have work to do you know! :D
Anything else?

Best

Will

liverpool lad
06-03-2003, 05:18 PM
I can't view the format, but I don't need convincing, the extended version needs to be released within the next few months :D time is on my side - new technology products don't last long any more.

Anybody think that the video has been touched up??? :D :D

Paul

willbrady
06-03-2003, 05:21 PM
BTW - you can view 3gp videos on your PC by downloading the Nokia Mutimedia Player from the Nokia 3650 support site.

liverpool lad
06-03-2003, 05:42 PM
Thankx willbrady for the tip. Actually I encountered a lot of problems executing the file (to install the app) :-? but no worries, I'm curious to see what everybody says...

Paul

Chaos
06-03-2003, 06:24 PM
Willbrady...let me be one of the first to say THANK YOU.
I know anyone who posts new info gets slammed, nature of the game..
The way I see it is that if this is a scam (and a very good one then) then nothing much lost..but if it is all true, then we are the first to hear it, and many will be obligated to you.
So either way you need a thanks for your info.
Scam?...then congrats on putting a lot of effort into it.
True?..then you have gone out of your way to help spread the info.

Much appreciated.

KevB
06-03-2003, 06:29 PM
Have watched the video and if that is fake then it is bloody impressive!!

Will be interesting to see whether Nokia really bring this out or it is simply a prototype never to hit the air, but I certainly have heard nothing from Nokia about this.

3ddy
06-03-2003, 06:30 PM
willy aer you sure we can easily upgrade our phones??

06-03-2003, 07:00 PM
Has anyone been able to confirm that the previous pictures and now this video have not been tampered with in any way?
Someone mentioned metadata, do videos contain this also, but it would be hard to doctor every single frame of a video without making a mistake.
Can you even edit a 3pg file I had enough trouble viewing the thing let along editing it.

Jabber.

liverpool lad
06-03-2003, 07:03 PM
hmm, "the burden of proof is overwhelming", steady on guys! - willbrady has a day-job like the rest of us, I doubt he has the time to modify a video frame by frame

Paul

MemphisX
06-03-2003, 07:16 PM
Just hoping that if it's true then we may be able to upgrade, and then i may change my mind about nokia...

mattw
06-03-2003, 08:40 PM
can i just say that i am very grateful to will for putting all this info online.

also, can i say how tiresome it is to read comments from anonymous dickheads who just want to argue cos they dont have one, its really petty and annoying. I have not been on the forum long, but do a search and you will see that Will Brady is a credible user, not some idiot 'Guest' trying to spread useless rumours

Just think, who on earth would be sad enough to sit at their PC and create fake pictures let alone videos,

to anyone who has said it is fake and that it must be cos they no best, get a life you sad, jealous losers!!!

mattw
06-03-2003, 08:42 PM
can i just say that i am very grateful to will for putting all this info online.

also, can i say how tiresome it is to read comments from anonymous dickheads who just want to argue cos they dont have one, its really petty and annoying. I have not been on the forum long, but do a search and you will see that Will Brady is a credible user, not some idiot 'Guest' trying to spread useless rumours

Just think, who on earth would be sad enough to sit at their PC and create fake pictures let alone videos,

to anyone who has said it is fake and that it must be cos they no best, get a life you sad, jealous losers!!!

matt

ps also the 7650 will never lose to anything with an ericsson badge anywhere near it in my mind, have known so many people with ericsson phones of all ranges and struggle to remember one which the owner was happy with!

Rod
06-03-2003, 08:48 PM
It's hard to make decisions. But this is very very exciting. All I gotta say is fantastic news coming from WillBrady. This is really keeping us on our toes.. Cheers :D

Question:

Where abouts are you from Willbrady? And is this upgrade available everywhere (if it is so)?

J2theIZZO
06-03-2003, 09:56 PM
I went through a point of saying the 7650i was comming, and that was months ago and you all didn't beleive me then!!

Just wanted to say :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Bob
06-03-2003, 09:59 PM
All,

Having been a member of the forum for a while now (not as long as some) I have seen and read many posts, mostly vaporware, regarding the 7650+ or 7650i, but this one I feel is real.

I have seen the video and it checks out, it would be almost impossible for this to be changed and enhanced in the time Will had.

Will, I believe you about the phone and memory card, I hope that what you say regarding upgrades is also true. I have a suspition that Nokia will only upgrade for free those phones bourght recently (as othewise their profits would be hit too much and they are out to make money none the less). The rest of us might have to pay a fee (hopefully not too much).

I feel the best thing to do now is wait to see how Nokia progress things over the next month, the burden of proof is with the doubters, Will has shown all the evidence he can of it existance.

Thanks again Will.

Bob

;)

J2theIZZO
06-03-2003, 10:03 PM
I think people will doubt the video as you can't see the pins, but I still think Will is right.

About the upgrade, even if they charge a fee, what happens if your 7650 gets stolen, what will they replace it with? :roll:

JyriK
06-03-2003, 10:07 PM
what happens if your 7650 gets stolen, what will they replace it with? :roll:
:D :D :P and maybe ;)

Bob
06-03-2003, 10:18 PM
Are you suggesting a little bit of dishonesty:

"Hello Mr. Customer Service Advisor, my Nokia 7650 has been stolen, can I get a new 7650i.....yes.....thank you very much"

;)

06-03-2003, 11:00 PM
[quote="J2theIZZO"]I think people will doubt the video as you can't see the pins, but I still think Will is right.quote]

If you frame advance, at the end will zooms in just before the video ends, out of memory I assume, but you can see the pins quite clearly.

Will, we need more video, shows us the pins close up!
I can not see in my mind how such a thing can be false unless he has gone to the extreme trouble of editing each frame, it must be near on impossible, or at least improbable.

John

GhostDog
06-03-2003, 11:10 PM
I just want to say: Great news,and i hope i can post more often :D

sigmacom
07-03-2003, 09:19 AM
I insist that this is a very well-done FAKE story. Look at ATT02741 picture: Where is the gap to accept the memory card? You can also notice that the square hole of pins, is not sharp.
Secondly, how can a such thick card, fit in 7650 between battery and keyboard? Try to imagine this, and you will see that this cannot happen.
About the video, I can make this hand (that takes out the memory card), to pop-out bunnies or flowers... :D MP4 format has low fps, and mistakes can easily forgiven...
Finally, it made me suspicius the "you're welcome to see if the image is photoshoped" proposition.

IT IS fake. Shame... :evil:

Lord-X
07-03-2003, 09:32 AM
I insist that this is a very well-done FAKE story. Look at ATT02741 picture: Where is the gap to accept the memory card? You can also notice that the square hole of pins, is not sharp.
Secondly, how can a such thick card, fit in 7650 between battery and keyboard? Try to imagine this, and you will see that this cannot happen.
About the video, I can make this hand (that takes out the memory card), to pop-out bunnies or flowers... :D MP4 format has low fps, and mistakes can easily forgiven...
Finally, it made me suspicius the "you're welcome to see if the image is photoshoped" proposition.

IT IS fake. Shame... :evil:

lol... some people...

Bob
07-03-2003, 09:47 AM
Sigmacom,

I hope you are prepared to eat your words if you are wrong, I am if you are right!

Bob

J2theIZZO
07-03-2003, 09:52 AM
Are you suggesting a little bit of dishonesty:

"Hello Mr. Customer Service Advisor, my Nokia 7650 has been stolen, can I get a new 7650i.....yes.....thank you very much"

;)

No!, i'm not suggesting that...it was a 'what if' it happened, street crime and mobile phone theft are almost common place in the UK :-?

Franco74
07-03-2003, 09:56 AM
Had a think - how about this then guys.

A pic of the menu in 'camera' which clearly shows you can select to save your images to the memory card.

The pic has been taken with a 7650 - for those who want to look at the metatags you can see it was taken and posted directly from a 7650 and not gone via photoshop and been edited in any way.

I have not even bothered to rotate the image.. in case you think I have 'tampered' with it.

Perhaps someone who knows how to read the metatag info (I don't!) can confirm what I am saying and that this picture has come from a 7650 and not been retouched / resaved in an image editor, as I beleive if this were the case the metatag details would be missing or incorrect??
That's what I read on another thread anyways...

Hope this helps you all :)

calm down, guys.

I think willbradys pic is just a screenshot taken on a 3650, and viewed in fullscreen-modus on a 7650... !!! :roll:

Bob
07-03-2003, 09:56 AM
but the dishonest approach could work, nudge nudge wink wink, saqy no more!!!

But I agree phone theft is a big problem in the UK.

I am not a victim so far, and hope not to be.

Bob

07-03-2003, 10:18 AM
Yes, I have to agree, it's easy to drop a screengrab onto the phone and show it full screen, then I saw the other picture and i'm confuzzled again.
I can't see the video as I only have windows95 and the player will not install.
Is it any good, can someone convert it into avi or mpg?
I think we beleive it because we want it so badly ;)
Come on NOKIA, give us some info on this, perhaps Cebit.

Loof

liverpool lad
07-03-2003, 10:29 AM
I think willbrady's getting a hard time for sharing information in good will. He's continually going out of his way to respond to "show us a photo", "send us a video" etc. He does it, then there are still complaints!

If it's not true, then it's a very elaborate hoax, you'd have to be pretty perverse to spend so much time & effort (compare it with the coloured casing thread...). Somehow I think willbrady is not that perverse (or are you :D :D :D ?)

Obviously we don't know what the stage of development of this phone is (working prototype?), hence when it will appear on the streets.

All industrial companies release concept models / prototypes before a formal release.

Maybe we should put it to a vote...

Paul

wannyondeathrow
07-03-2003, 10:42 AM
But the picture is such bad quality and taken in dark lighting. :o

Maybe a picture taken next to a window or under a lamp would convince us more. ;)

liverpool lad
07-03-2003, 11:13 AM
willbrady, are you near onyone on this forum, to invite them round to your office? :D :D :D (seeing is believing)

Only joking...

Paul

willbrady
07-03-2003, 11:35 AM
Come on guys - give me a break! :)

Perhaps you do not appreciate what a compromising position I have putten our company in!

I don't mind if you don't believe me ;)
I have already personally purchased a chinese 3650 just to get the improved features (even thou I could probably wangle a free one from the company) as I am a phone nutter the same as you!

If I has known about this sooner would I have waited - probably not, I've had a 3650 for a month now and I love it.

I just thought you might be interested as I know how important the memory issue is to us all.

Time will tell if I am 'a sad bastard' trying to trick you all as someone has said!

Hopefully someone else can confirm what I am saying as there MUST be other developers on this forum with one of these phones and is saying nothing!

Perhaps they like their jobs with their company and don't want them sued by Nokia for breach of contract!!

Have a nice day and if we get a sunny day here in the UK perhaps I'll leave the confines of my desk to go outside and take some brighter shots for you :)

Perhaps I could meet someone at a given location wearing a long mack and sunglasses give the secret password 'the sun shines in spain' and do the old secret handshake and I'll slip them the phone to look at!!!
Hahahahahahaha!!!!

See ya :)

Seremify
07-03-2003, 11:53 AM
.. wait what bonuses of having chinese? for me i have an english flashed OS with an asian MMC with asian stuff on it.

willbrady
07-03-2003, 12:06 PM
I meant I bought a flashed 3650 from asia just to get the extra memory capabilitys etc that the 3650 has over the 7650 and could could not even wait for an official 3650 and if I had know a 7650 with the same features would be released shortly after the 3650 I still would not have waited as I have had my phone for a month and having the extra memory is great!!

Comes up for breath.... puff pant.

theloniusflash
07-03-2003, 12:19 PM
Hmmm - the only thing which makes me skeptical is that you talk about your company having an NDA in place with Nokia and the trouble you could get into for showing these pics.

My experiences of our Finnish friends is that their legal department is quite large and scary and that if you brake stuff like NDAs they will be certainly be giving you a call and its will certainly impact your business relations with them - assuming the pics are genuine, if I was you I wouldn't want to have myself or my business in your position....as its only a matter of time until they Nokia track you down.........

07-03-2003, 12:29 PM
Perhaps he does not mean it his company as in he owns it.
He just works there and is not bothered about the company and Nokia, but is it worth getting the sack if he puts the comany in an akward position with a client as big as Nokia.

He has not said what exactly his company does and why they should have this kind of information from Nokia?

Perhaps he can sustatiate his claims by telling us what his qualifications are in this field and why we should believe that him or his company would have this information?

sigmacom
07-03-2003, 12:45 PM
Sigmacom,

I hope you are prepared to eat your words if you are wrong, I am if you are right!

Bob

I will get ready to eat my words twice :D ! Like any other here, I want this phone to exist (7650i, plus, or whatever it will be called). But I saw some details, and (based on them) I say: "This is fake."

07-03-2003, 12:54 PM
What details, what details?
Tell us!

nk8
07-03-2003, 01:50 PM
Perhaps he does not mean it his company as in he owns it.
He just works there and is not bothered about the company

lol, that's a nice way of putting it

JyriK
07-03-2003, 02:56 PM
...thing which makes me skeptical is that you talk about your company having an NDA in place with Nokia and the trouble you could get into for showing these pics...
How in the world would Nokia know who to blame, there must be many many
businesses that have that phone.

I believe/know that there will be a new 7650 soon :D :P
I was just winding up this thread by saying how easy it is to fake pictures :D

willbrady
07-03-2003, 04:18 PM
Hi guys, been out the office most the afternoon.
Here's a quick video I promised to follow from the one yesterday - tried to get the phone under a spot light for you, shame the 3650 camera is not very good at focusing closeup, but I think this one is clearer than yesterdays.

Best :)

Will

JyriK
07-03-2003, 04:31 PM
But you know that no matter how many videos you post there will be Guests
that wont buy into it :D
Untill Nokia announces it, if even then :D

MaleBuffy
07-03-2003, 05:00 PM
I agree, but dont let this stop you in any way. We dont need any more proof, just more info of what this device can do. Keep the info comming :)

07-03-2003, 07:48 PM
Hi will.

Have you tried bluetooth headset yet? What about MP3? Is it same as 3650 software? Hantro 3.3? Any surprises?

Thanks!!

Jackass

3ddy
07-03-2003, 09:47 PM
I am dying to hear about i
I am pesimistic about exchanging 7650 with 7650i
I don think nokia will not be in such a honourable mood. :(

Seremify
07-03-2003, 09:48 PM
just asking will; what version u got? mine is 2.41 and i've had one severe problem (which i'm not game to try again) where i can't record voice tags.. it had an error.. and then later that day it had an error with SMS.. but then i reset the phone and its fine.

last time (my 8310) had to get replaced when i kept using it after a voice system error.. maybe its my voice.. hehe~

07-03-2003, 10:08 PM
Are you talking about the 7650i or 3650?
I have a 3650 it's on version 1.34
I can not get an upgrade yet.
Not tried voicetaggs and I don't think i will if it screws the phone, good thing is you can backup the phone on mmc so a reset is not so painful.
did yours come with that version or did you upgrade?
Does wap still crash on that version?

Rgds

Axel

Seremify
08-03-2003, 06:21 AM
i'm on 3650; version 2.41~

haven't tried WAP yet but i'm not game to do voice system.. it had an error and said some application closed? beats me.

MaxiMuS
08-03-2003, 07:03 AM
any news about these willbraddy? :D

Nosferatu
08-03-2003, 07:04 AM
:D I just got one for me self....
Mine is version 2.50...

Seremify
08-03-2003, 07:38 AM
waaa~ is dat wot i fink i see? a fellow malaysian??

malaysia boleh!~

may i ask how much/where from? mai family is all spread out now in Malaysia.. everywhere from Port Klang to Sungei Petani to Johor Bahru to Batu Pahat.. and some moved south to Singapore (and us to Australia).. hehe we travel all over though.

also to everyone
please post in my topic on the 3650 forum about the Camera.. i'm curious what model cameras u guys got?~ and what the numbers mean.

willbrady
08-03-2003, 12:10 PM
Hi.
The 7650i is on version 1.34
Looks just the same asmy HK Flashed 3650 so I guess they just dumped the English beta release 3650 firmware in it?
Not played too much with it.
It'll be interesting to see if voicetags crash it!
Should be able to try bluetooth audio on Monday.

Also all you 7650 guys, with the memory card in it you have the ability to backup your phones data onto th mmc!
It's real quick and it puts the whole of the phones internal memory data in a single compressed file on you MMC!
So if you screw your phone or get it upgraded you can restore in seconds from the MMC!

simeonbubblegum
08-03-2003, 01:52 PM
The 7650i is on version 1.34
Looks just the same asmy HK Flashed 3650 so I guess they just dumped the English beta release 3650 firmware in it?

OK, here are few questions about its features.

When you play a sound file and move the phone close to your ear, what happens?

When you press left soft key and immediatly the star "*" key, what happens?

How many options there are in Messaging / Settings / General?

What's the version number of RealOne player?

What's the version number of Camcorder?

willbrady
08-03-2003, 06:47 PM
Ok, but I don't have the phone at the weekend - it's at work.
I'll post it up on Monday

Expect some big news Monday that will leave everybody in no doubt

08-03-2003, 07:42 PM
Big news?
Your just winding us all up now.
Why did you not mention this big news yesterday?

Has anyone seen this latest video, is it any good?
What next - the Alien Autopsy on 3650!!

I'm still not 100% sure untill Nokia say so.

3ddy
08-03-2003, 11:48 PM
how big they are???? :x-mas:

09-03-2003, 12:52 AM
Will, does the video cam software record video and audio as well?
That would be cooooool

09-03-2003, 10:16 AM
3gp files wont play in mediaplyer?
has anyone watched it yet?

anuvat
09-03-2003, 10:26 AM
3gp files wont play in mediaplyer?
has anyone watched it yet?
?You have to down load Nokia Multimedia Player from http://www.myglobe.com.ph/portal/downloads/multimediaplayer_eng_build7.zip

BIGBANG
09-03-2003, 10:49 AM
WOW …. I want to believe this … BADLY!!! Currently I on a love-hate relationship with my 7650!
I haven’t been on AAS for quite sometime now …. And I did not catch this thread earlier ….
I have a couple of friends at the NSC here in Kuwait and I will try to bribe them to talk (a Super Size meal at McD should do the trick)
Let me see what I can come up with .. and will get back to you!

PURPLEMUSTANG
09-03-2003, 01:10 PM
how about 5 lovely extra garlicy shawurmas?

MemphisX
09-03-2003, 01:56 PM
Well, i don't think the guys at NSCs know anything about that. I think nokia only gives some beta devices to operators counted on the fingers of your one hand. That was the case with se p800 and also some confusion with the architecture change. The very first beta devices had no memory stick duo drive. And believe me most of the people working at NSCs are ignorant. Maybe they should change their slogan from "connecting people" to "ignorance is bless"...

willbrady
09-03-2003, 03:05 PM
Are the NCS in your country as bad as they are in the UK!!
They will only know what they are selling the day it arrives on the van - untill then "it does not exist sir and we have no imformation about it"

Bless 'em

MaleBuffy
09-03-2003, 03:40 PM
No in Greece it is different. They say it will come next week, you go next week and it will come the other week, yo go the other week and they say it will come next week, and then finally you go and buy the thing from somewhere else :D

MemphisX
09-03-2003, 04:04 PM
This is also true but for me ignorance is more usual to see. Especially germanos shops here in greece. I went yesterday to 3 shops to ask about p800. The fists (plaisio) showed me a fake sample(but they had the best prices) the second(vodafone) showed me a real p800 that i could also test and play a little. The third? Germanos... I got the so famous answer "we got no p800" with a weird look like speaking chinese. And i only asked for the prices(besides i already seen it twice,the same day). And it was a big shop in the center of the city. I also remember another experience i had last year, on a germanos shop again(not the same though). I asked an infrared dongle after seeing it on a germanos brochure and the reply i got? What do you mean with this infra-thing... Well in the end i bought one from plaisio as well as a bluetooth dongle last month. I assume they wouldn't even know the word bluetooth.

willbrady
09-03-2003, 04:20 PM
Haha!
These people kind of anoy me as your average 'homer simpson' on the street trusts these peoples advise as they are meant to be the experts and they buy what they recommend!
You won't believe this but one NCS gave me a blank stare when I asked for a FIRMWARE upgrade.
He called his partner who said 'oh you mean software upgrade'
DOH!
Yes mate whatever you say....!
I heard one guy in carphone warehouse last year tell a custmoer that the 7650 will not record video, that video will only be on next years 3G phones.
What a surprise they had when I got out my 7650 a recorded a clip...

09-03-2003, 04:29 PM
First of all I would like to congratulate Willbrady with the great success of his hoax. Already more than 200 posts!!! Well done.

I would like to say something about this
Willbrady says Nokia will tell us more next month. He also says the big news will come on monday. Strange. Also, this video is moving way too fast to prove anything. Why don't you post a video of the MMC connectors zoomed in. And hold the camera still. I would also like to see a movie of the screen where you can see Seleq with the MMC card drive and the memory of the phone. Not stills but video.

MaleBuffy
09-03-2003, 04:34 PM
Cassius first of all if you want to flame somebody please login or make sure you are loged in. Although you say that this is a hoax, you want to ee more of it? So do you believe this is a 100% hoax, or do you have hopes too? :D

09-03-2003, 04:37 PM
Hmm.. Why are people so pessemistic? I believe Will Brady!! And I HAVE A DREAM!! THAT ALL 7650 WILL HAVE MMC SLOTS!! (insert Martin Luther King Jr. voice there)

LoL :D

willbrady
09-03-2003, 04:41 PM
No problem guest.
First thing Monday as the phone is at work :)

Nokia's announcement is due next month, but I have something which I've decided to show you on Monday.

Any other request feel free.

I really don't mind if people don't believe me, it's just a shame that other people on this forum who MUST know the same as me are not willing to standup and support me.

Oh well, can't blame them - I'll have the 'men in black' knocking on my door Monday! Hahaha.

Will :)

09-03-2003, 04:59 PM
ure a liar.
shame on u 4 wasting our time :evil:

willbrady
09-03-2003, 06:11 PM
Guest - why not login?

What would you like me to show you?

anuvat
09-03-2003, 06:36 PM
ure a liar.
shame on u 4 wasting our time :evil:
Will is a liar or not, I don't mind. I still beleive him as long as he can make me feel happy and hope.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

09-03-2003, 07:09 PM
I can tell you from a very sure source, that nokia will not launch a 7650i on cebit. No login because of NDA...

mattw
09-03-2003, 07:39 PM
can somebody get rid of Guests pointless childish posts?

Will is not wasting your time, who forced you to read this thread you muppet?

09-03-2003, 08:52 PM
Oh man,
if you knew in which situation i´m in...
i could tell you the new models nokia will present on Tuesdays Press Date.
And i only told you that nokia will not launch any 7650i and i won´t get into trouble because i signed an NDA.
And i want no trouble with these NOKIA Guys!
And even if it hurts and if you believe me or not-There won´t be a 7650i on this years CeBit

3ddy
09-03-2003, 08:53 PM
Oh well, can't blame them - I'll have the 'men in black' knocking on my door Monday! Hahaha.

Will :)

men in black ( 8) )were retired I am from weird crimes department ( ;) )is there a problem??

3ddy
09-03-2003, 08:56 PM
I can tell you from a very sure source, that nokia will not launch a 7650i on cebit.
proove it send us a video from your 7650 :D
(just kidding dont be furious :) )

09-03-2003, 09:04 PM
There will be two new phones.
And a few nice bt things.
But there was no chance to take pictures of the new devices.
My statements may sound silly, but i´m too afraid of gettin caught so that i won´t work with nokia anymore....

09-03-2003, 09:22 PM
Guest,
I know your trying your best to cover up this story for Nokia so's to not piss on the fire of the 3650 launch, but it's really not fair to these guys can you not see that!

What if I said I had the link the March 10th press release!!
I have a pressID account. Yeah - you got my drift....

Nuff said me thinks....

09-03-2003, 09:28 PM
I must appologise - April 10th not March 10th (thats MY release date:) )
Got me all worked up and I miss typed!!

09-03-2003, 09:32 PM
I don´t know anything about what will happen after cebit....

09-03-2003, 09:42 PM
Willbrady
You Da Man!
Shut him right up!

True or not - this is great! :)

willbrady
09-03-2003, 09:47 PM
Not me officer - honest.
Someone logged in and used my name.

I no nothing of a press release ;)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

GhostDog
10-03-2003, 12:51 AM
To willbrady: Dont let them get to you :D
Once again,thanks for sharing the info.

willbrady
10-03-2003, 08:49 AM
Morning guys.

Be here at 10am for a link I think you'll find interesting.

I may have to take it down again so get in quick! ;)
Moderators - PLEASE don't delete the link untill the guys have had a chance to look at it ;)

Will

Magic
10-03-2003, 09:09 AM
Morning guys.

Moderators - PLEASE don't delete the link untill the guys have had a chance to look at it ;)

Will

Ok.. We are waiting..

10-03-2003, 09:16 AM
Is this guy for real???

kobe24
10-03-2003, 09:26 AM
Morning guys.

Will

10 AM what GMT???

10-03-2003, 09:33 AM
I assume so, this bloke said he is UK it's 9:30 currently and I'm ready and waiting with the refresh button.

Hahaha

Hope this is not a wind up!

kobe24
10-03-2003, 09:38 AM
Just checking the time. This better be good.

WHERE???

NightSpider
10-03-2003, 09:39 AM
25 MINS AND COUNTING....................... :o

NightSpider
10-03-2003, 09:50 AM
13 MINS AND COUNTING.......... :o

kobe24
10-03-2003, 10:01 AM
paging willbrady... it's 6pm here already...

NightSpider
10-03-2003, 10:03 AM
HMMMMMM......... :o

NightSpider
10-03-2003, 10:06 AM
ME THINKS ITS TIME..... WILL

kobe24
10-03-2003, 10:07 AM
loosing faith... :evil:

NightSpider
10-03-2003, 10:09 AM
patience people......... :D

willbrady
10-03-2003, 10:12 AM
Morning all.
I'll have a full report of the 7650i this afternoon, thats if I can get it away from the techie boys!

In the meantime have a look at this! :D :D

http://press.nokia.com~id=@%31%39%34%2e%31%36%34%2e%32%30 %2e%38/release/7650.htm

Moderators if you feel you need to remove it the so be it..

Enjoy

Will

kobe24
10-03-2003, 10:15 AM
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :smilecolros:

Nice full specs too!

netzmeista
10-03-2003, 10:16 AM
Now i'm sure its fake: the @ in the url redirects to another site, one guy created a very popular hoax on britney spears death by faking a cnn-site and posting the url with that @-sign. Just try the part of the url after the @ and you'll see that you get to the same, non-nokia site.

CeRiAl
10-03-2003, 10:16 AM
Hi There.
Sorry to to say that, but your so called proof is a web-site fake...
To all other: You cann see this, when you click on his link and remove all after the ip in the browser's adress bar. Voila: a porn page. Say Will, you get money for letting us all surf your page? Shame on you! :x

liverpool lad
10-03-2003, 10:18 AM
????

:evil:

10-03-2003, 10:20 AM
Baaaahahahahahaha!!!

Check out the fullspecs link at the end of the statment.

Well done Willbrady.
You sad bastard!!

traxer
10-03-2003, 10:21 AM
Fairly well done fake, don't believe it.

10-03-2003, 10:23 AM
Haha - nice one!

Kept me amused all week anyhow.

:evil:

MemphisX
10-03-2003, 10:24 AM
Well does that mean that the upgrade will cost 90 euros or just only to people that their waranty has expired. Anyway the news are great even if it costs me so much...

MemphisX
10-03-2003, 10:28 AM
U bastard. Don't mess with me again willbrady, i am gonna sue you...

10-03-2003, 10:30 AM
Lighten up guys :D

Made my day! :o

Magic
10-03-2003, 10:31 AM
All of you know the result at least...
Up to know, willbrady is a liar.
It's time to stop this gossip and erase willbrady from forum.. :evil:

morgoth29
10-03-2003, 10:31 AM
that was a brilliant wind up. Hats off will brady - I wonder how many people will still believe it and not read the final link!!!

morgoth

PMidway
10-03-2003, 10:35 AM
lol, nice. That specs page made me laugh. :D

NightSpider
10-03-2003, 10:37 AM
well played will .....

so there isnt a 7650i or is there... somewhere out there.................

10-03-2003, 10:41 AM
:o
Have you seen the second page
:o
All makes sense now!
:P

You really are a sad bastard ;)

MemphisX
10-03-2003, 10:43 AM
You really screwed up your reputation will... I am gonna e.mail the mods to ban you from aas. We don't want any other "zipper" kind of guys here. BEWARE I'LL BE WATCHING YOU...