31-10-2003, 02:27 PM
id managed to get net access by using vodafones GPRS settings on my A920. It worked fine and the speed was good. I deleted the connection bcoz i didnt how they would be charging it. Then after 2 weeks i recreated it again. But this time the connection didnt work. Dunno why? i guess those guys found out and managed to block. could some one try it and post a reply to this
13-11-2003, 08:22 PM
cant believe this topic has had no replies!!
where are all the People in the know??
im interested in this thread and would like if someone could post there views of GPRS access using vodafone in an (unlocked) A920:confused:
15-11-2003, 10:23 AM
Frankly i was also surprised to see that no one was giving any replies to this message . Anyway theres one reply,lets keep this goin. My A920 is not an unlocked version but still i was able 2 do it. It doesnt work anymore... :-(( . i'll give the link which gives all the neccessary setting, could u just try it an let me know..
All the best
15-11-2003, 06:21 PM
sure will defo thanks for replying my phone was due to arrive on friday but did'nt so monday ill be able to try it...
anychance you know where to have it un locked?;)
btw im not in the uk so settings will be different i have no worries setting this up as i have a p800 so ill just copy the settigs over!
16-11-2003, 01:46 PM
ok thats fine...u can get the phone unlocked remotely by some websites..dont remember the address though.jus do a search and ull end up with lots...
10-09-2004, 02:23 AM
These GPRS configurations work
first - turn phone off/on - clears any sh1t out of memory, then
1. Click on the launcher' icon in the top right corner of the screen.
2. Click on 'Control Panel' icon.
3. There are three (3) tabs along the bottom. Select 'Connections' tab.
4. From the list select 'internet accounts'.
5. A small window will appear with current Internet connections. Tap on the 'New' button.
6. Another window will pop-up. In 'Account name:' enter 'Internet' and in Connection type:' enter 'GPRS'.
7. Tap on the 'Advanced' button.
8. There are four (4) tabs along the bottom. In the first tab (Server) make sure that the check box is NOT ticked. In 'Advanced' enter 'vfinternet.au'.
9. Tap on the second tab (Log in). Leave a tick on 'Get IP address automatically' and on the 'Get DNS address automatically' box.
12. Tap on 'Done' twice. You should now see the new connection in the list
of Internet accounts. Tap on 'Done'
13. Switch the phone off and back on.
14. Tap on the internet browser icon (third along the top). tap on 'Browse'just below the icon and select 'Open page'. Enter a URL to visit. If it asks you to select an internet connection, choose the new Internet connection.
Vodafone 'Live' will never work - it searches for the handset type and A920 is not recognised.
19-09-2004, 07:01 AM
I had the same problem. Guess what, you've got to do a master clear! Beaware, you will loose all contacts/sched. pwd = 000000
Then put GPRS config back in and fire up browser... you will be requested to select the APN to use!
Now, one for you... Did you get MMS to work on Vodafone??? I'm on Telstra and I cannot get it to work in anyway!
Let me know!