View Full Version : Sendo X available on 3 of November in Italy

zztop
27-10-2003, 06:57 PM
TIM will start to sell the Sendo X on 3 of November - 512Euro with pre-paid simcard.

moamoa
27-10-2003, 08:03 PM
Where did you get this release date from?

zztop
27-10-2003, 11:30 PM
TIM website

http://www.iltelefoninonline.tim.it/ifi/0,,63^434266,00.html

and this: http://news.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/mobile/0,39020360,39117275,00.htm

The Sendo X will be available first in southern Europe -- Spain and Italy," Marijke van Hooren, Sendo's communications director, told ZDNet UK. "It will be available in the UK either towards the end of the year or at the beginning of 2004, depending on approvals." She said there had been a great deal of interest from mobile network operators but declined to name any except the Italian company TIM, which has been demonstrating the product to dealers. Likewise, price and talktime figures will be "very competitive" but have yet to be finalised: in Italy, where mobile phones are sold at full price without subsidies, it will cost around 500 euros. The price will be lower in the UK, where the cost of the phone will be discounted as part of contract deals with networks.

zztop
31-10-2003, 12:04 AM
Date of 3 november still confirmed by some aware Italian guys. Sendo X will be exclusively available from TIM webshop in Italy. 512 Euro with pre-paid card. Possible to buy it from another country. So in this case you have to ask to TIM to unlock the phone (free demand).

Marsupial
31-10-2003, 04:03 PM
Hello everybody
Since I'm new here, I just want to briefly thank everybody here for the wealth of information you guys have provided about the SendoX. It seems like a pretty exciting device. Zztop, you mentioned that it might be possible to buy the unlocked SendoX from TIM and have them ship it to other countries. Would they ship overseas? Unortunately, I don't speak/read/understand Italian, so I'm not even sure if they are an actual cellular service provider or a reseller. Any info will be appreciated. Thank you again.

zztop
31-10-2003, 05:44 PM
@Marsupial

Well, if you are not Italian I know that it is however 100% possible to buy phone from TIM in any shop in the country. You will have to pay the full price of the phone and something like 5 Euro to buy the TIM prepaid sim card. Then the vendor will unlock the phone for free. But you must buy the TIM prepaid card...

Many Swiss, French and German guys already did this to buy phone in Italy (e.g: LG G8000 which is only sold in Italy).

For oversea shipment (America, etc.) I don't know... You should ask to a trader website when the phone will be available ;)

cu

wap
01-11-2003, 10:35 PM
Hi, people!
The Sendo X will be on sale in Italy at 539 (hopefully tomorrow). The phone does not need to be unlocked, as no italian operator locks mobile phones (except 3 UMTS). Mobile operators can "personalize" the phones, but you can use them with any operator you prefer.
Cheers!
wap

langdona
03-11-2003, 11:21 AM
Anyone from Italy able to confirm or deny that the SendoX is on sale today?

jac57
03-11-2003, 12:59 PM
going to spain for xmas will i be able to buy it there and use my orange sim in it when im home i also have movistar sim

wap
03-11-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by langdona
Anyone from Italy able to confirm or deny that the SendoX is on sale today?

I couldn't find it, yet.
:-(

b84
06-11-2003, 08:41 PM
i hope we will be able to do self upgrade of the os, because all phones have bugs, and sendo is not as big as nokia (you don't learn anything :-) ) and i don't want my phone to be sent to an unknown repair centre for 1 month to fix 3 minor bugs !!!
anyone asked?

moamoa
14-11-2003, 11:16 PM
I take it the X was a "no show" in italy?

I can't say I'm suprised as the developer models are not avaiable yet for purchase :(