View Full Version : Another SX1 competitor

moamoa
21-10-2003, 10:38 PM
http://www.sendo.com/smartphones/index.asp

Looks very nice.

evobit
22-10-2003, 06:08 AM
Looks good, and plans to be released before the end of the year...

Definitely a contender if they get it released by then :)

GhostDog
22-10-2003, 12:00 PM
I think it will wipe the floor with both the 6600 and SX1 but then again,that's just my opinion ;)

MemphisX
22-10-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by GhostDog
I think it will wipe the floor with both the 6600 and SX1 but then again,that's just my opinion ;)

Yeah, this phone rocks.
But I am kinda confused...
I'll have to see both of them (Sendo X and Siemens SX1) to decide...

joolsvern
23-10-2003, 01:26 AM
sedon looks a bit cheap - but its the features that counts right - this is my wifes opinion!

Oh hang on I think she was talking about me.

evobit
23-10-2003, 05:29 AM

Based on what exactly?

GhostDog
23-10-2003, 12:19 PM
Based on 32MB RAM available to the user,based on great sound system,based on support of SD cards(which come in higher capacities and are cheaper then MMC),a camera with flash,great accessories like a QWERTY keyboard and probably more.Check out the Sendo forum and the news section.

moamoa
23-10-2003, 03:52 PM
GhostDog, I agree with you. I think it has the beating of the SX1 and the 6600. The fact the the 6600 is no good as an MP3 player rules that out for me, and it beats the SX1 allround, except for the a poxy FM radio which is of no interest to me.

evobit
25-10-2003, 06:00 AM
Based on 32MB RAM available to the user,based on great sound system,based on support of SD cards(which come in higher capacities and are cheaper then MMC),a camera with flash,great accessories like a QWERTY keyboard and probably more.Check out the Sendo forum and the news section.

The sound system does sound(hah) promising - sonIX ? I'll have to hear it to know what it's about probably :) I don't think I'll need to store more than 256mb of data on my cell phone any time in the near future hehe :) so mmc/sd doesn't make too much difference. Yes the keyboard does sound good for using it as a PDA :)
I've given up on phone cameras at the mo, hardly ever use the 7650/3650 one anymore - the quality is just too poor :( So unless the camera is crystal clear the addition of a flash is superflous(sp) for me.
Pity it doesn't have a radio - I am looking forward to that in the SX1 :)

GhostDog
25-10-2003, 12:29 PM
FM radio is a nice feature,but i'd never trade it for 64 MB RAM(32 available to the user) or an SD card slot. ;)

Anyway,that's just my opinion.

J2theIZZO
25-10-2003, 12:41 PM
I agreee with Ghostdog, the spec of the Sendo is brilliant, one of the best S60 devices at the moment.

But I don't think it's sales will reach anything like that of Nokia, Siemens & Samsung, which is clearly a shame.

I think the main reason for this is that the Sendo brand isn't as well known when compared with the amount of units Nokia and Siemens/Samsung shift every year.

Even though some of you won't admit it, most of us are all victims to "labels" and "brands".

If you asked the regular guy on the street, most would pick the Nokia or Siemens, the features would mean little to them, and the design and look/brand of the phone would.

At the end of the day it's these people that will contribute to most of Nokia/Samsung/Siemens/SE (And all other large well known brands sales), Sendo will appeal, but I can't see it a huge mass market success.

lars
28-10-2003, 04:52 PM
looks nice:D
how much wil it cost?

GhostDog
28-10-2003, 04:54 PM
Arround 500 euros.