View Full Version : N-Gage will not be available yet in the Philippines

mjsee
14-10-2003, 01:01 AM
Why does this big telecom company here in the Philippines does not want or even the Nokia Philippines does not have any plans to release here in the Philippines?

http://www.inq7.net/inf/2003/oct/13/inf_1-1.htm

I'm so excited of the release... but expected... there's no ads to be found about N-Gage...

just for my own opinion, i guess why they dont have any plans about N-Gage?

because its to CHEAP! comparing from their selling price of N3300!!! its almost $300 USD and N-Gage is only $300 USD

grrrrr... how bout i give you some advise and marketing strategy about your future plans for N-Gage??? :D

for GLOBE Telecom, as for now... you dont even have a plan to compare to Smart's Addict Moile!

this is the time to make your move!

Maka something about your G-Plan specialy suited for N-Gage and make your GPRS consumable like Addict Mobile!

because N-Gage needs GPRS connection to connect to Nokia N-Gage Arena, and its useless if you keep on blocking WAP sites!

for SMART, i just don't like your sevices... :D it's ok with me if you don't have a Nokia N-Gage as your front line products... but if you have on your product line, i guess GLOBE Telecom will make there move...

for SUN Cellular, if you have a piece of it, i'm surely go and switch to your company! but of course... just to be sure that you offer your N-Gage with 1 year warranty because it will be needing a lot of firmware upgrades and i dont want to waste my money for a phone without a 1 year warranty

to ALL TELECOME COMPANIES IN THE PHILIPPINES, make up your minds NOW!!! Before its too LATE!!!

alvinpaul
14-10-2003, 07:18 AM
Glad i'm now here in Singapore where I bought mine, and I'm still using my GLOBE SIM :D

mjsee
14-10-2003, 07:41 AM
really? how did you pay for your plan? is it a line or prepaid subscriber?

GhostDog
14-10-2003, 09:19 AM
I think he got the N-Gage sim-free,so his plan is irelevant ;)

BTW:They are pricing the N-Gage 380-390 euros which is a lot more then 300dollars.What do you think about that!

mjsee
15-10-2003, 12:38 AM
hmmm... is the all shop there are have the same prices???

alvinpaul
15-10-2003, 01:02 PM
I got it for SGD548 without a line before the october 7th launch, i thought it should be pre-ordered so I went to the Nokia Center but they gave me the gamedeck on the same day with a free soccer ball and bag :D

I heard a lot of problems with those gamedecks that were released on October 7th with a 3.42 firmware version, so far I haven't encountered any, my firmware version is 3.30...

mjsee
16-10-2003, 02:48 AM
post some pics of the freebies! :D

alvinpaul
16-10-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by mjsee
post some pics of the freebies! :D

sorry just used my 7650 to take a picture of the freebie, my digicam's battery is already drained :D

mjsee
16-10-2003, 08:37 AM
grrrrrr!!!!!! i thought we are only 10 to have those bags in the world!!!! hehehehe

we have the same bag

check my thread

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14590

mjsee
16-10-2003, 08:44 AM
ooops! the pics are all gone... well i'll just upload it again

mjsee
16-10-2003, 08:46 AM
and i have a n-gage bike bag, n-gage wallet, and 2 yucky candies hehehe

alvinpaul
18-10-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by mjsee
grrrrrr!!!!!! i thought we are only 10 to have those bags in the world!!!! hehehehe

we have the same bag

check my thread

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14590

Yup only 10 of you has that in the Philippines, but not in the world :D But i'm going home next week, so now we're 11, he he he

mjsee
19-10-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by alvinpaul
Yup only 10 of you has that in the Philippines, but not in the world :D But i'm going home next week, so now we're 11, he he he

as i understand in the e-mail that nokia send me, that its not only in the philippines and the contest is worldwide:

Hello lucky winner!

You have joined to www.n-gage.com E3 competition and answered correctly in all questions. We picked you up as one of our 10 winners. Congratulations!

The prize is N-gage suprise goodie bag.

see??? :D

erasmus
19-10-2003, 04:41 PM
oic :D