View Full Version : Empty IR-port

fobe
24-09-2003, 09:55 AM
According to the swedish website Mobil.se is the IR-port that you can see on the side of the A920 empty. This because of lack of time before the launch.. In some ways this feels more and more like a unfinished product.

http://www.mobil.se/nyheter/visa.asp?id=7100&sid=1

When I spoke to people at Three here in Sweden they told med that a bluetooth upgrade isn't going to be released. Another Three-employee also believed that the software lock will be cracked in 3-4 days.. He had already tried some but nothing that worked :) It's nice to have some Three workers on "our side".

Today I'm signing up for one anyone.. you gotta try, this is, despite of all bugs and misses, a very cooooool product.

So'long.
Jonas Björkman

Golab
02-10-2003, 03:10 AM
jaså, vilken på 3 har du pratat med som seger troligen inte det kommer ut en blue upgrade?, på tanke på jag har pratat med 7 pers där och alla seger dom viste inte ens om att det hans en blue, och 5 av supporten seger det fins ettt ir-öga,

skelv tycker jag mobilen är lonkt i från färdig utväklad

1 webbrosern dör ofta

2 den moste nån bug för den suger exstremt mycket bateri

m.m

skelv har jag pratat med tre i uk och på motorola support tre i sverige

motorola seger dom tar ej ansvar för telefånen als

i uk kommer blue att bli akteverat det har jag får ett rakt svar ja på.

tre i sverige vet typ ingen ting om mobilen förutom det som står typ i manualen så det är typ ingen id att ringa dom..

skelv tror jag det kommer bli en updatering inom ett halv år som troligen akteverar blue

GhostDog
02-10-2003, 12:33 PM
Please speak in English.

The Real CrYpTo
03-10-2003, 10:20 AM
I have pulled apart the a920 and i assure you it has the IrDA Hardware And the BT Hardware

GhostDog
03-10-2003, 05:03 PM
Any photos?

Gazza
07-10-2003, 07:31 AM
You're mad to rip your phone to see if it has the irda.

wiii
07-10-2003, 10:05 PM
i looked in the irda window in very bright light and guess what i looked at a square in the window can that be a irda port i realy hope that becouse that mean my a920 has a irda and that mean you might be abel ro install remot control programs!

cdmonk
13-10-2003, 10:55 AM
Im Australia the BT and IR firmware are suposed to come out in a month or so.

Aus3
01-11-2003, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by cdmonk
Im Australia the BT and IR firmware are suposed to come out in a month or so.

I've Asked someone from three yesterday when BT and IR firmware would be released in Australia, they said BT would be released halfway threw november. And they said IR was there just for looks. :(

Spooksie_uk
12-11-2003, 09:16 PM
you are all wrong! a friend of mine installed the a925 image onto his a920, the bluetooth function worked and the IR was alittle buggy but worked. I doubt that you actually took your phone apart, unless you could prove it i would class you as a liar.

Dont think that the Customer service people know what they are talking about as most of them havnt even seen the phone (india). There was a watchdog report on it a few months ago.

If you want facts speak to the experts, www.aussie3g.com its the biggest forum for this matter. But i still like this forum for the other handsets.

guaranteed
14-11-2003, 12:33 AM
I have actually seen (pictures I mean not in the flesh as it were) a Motorola a920 being flash upgraded to a925 and it has bluetooth, infrared and internet capabilities. But this was beta software and I wouldn't personally risk it with my a920.

I actually contacted 3 technical support today and asked them when we would get the official software release but they don't know a thing...although they agree that it would be useful especially as from Dec 1st it will be illegal not to use a handsfree. Bluetooth is definately needed.

guaranteed
18-11-2003, 03:37 AM
When I find the pic I will post

guaranteed
18-11-2003, 04:08 AM
here's the promised photo:cool: (I am not author of this photo and the credit goes to them whoever they are and if I find out I'll let you know)

guaranteed
18-11-2003, 04:12 AM
and the a925 firmware upgrade....

guaranteed
18-11-2003, 04:16 AM
I found the author...."Polecat" so all the dues go to him (at least I presume its a him...sorry if I'm wrong)

GhostDog
18-11-2003, 01:45 PM
guaranteed,i have posted those images here: http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16936 long time ago.

guaranteed
19-11-2003, 02:38 PM
Thanks Ghostdog...we are all in the clear now! Thanks...so the relevant credit goes to Polecat and yourself:o

GhostDog
19-11-2003, 07:40 PM
LOL! I apologise if I sounded rude.I only wanted to point out that there an open thread on the subject and that a new one shouldn't be started.

guaranteed
19-11-2003, 08:08 PM
:) Hey, no offence taken. I have viewed a number of forums and just simply forgot where I had seen the information. I am glad you pointed it out.

At least we are all more clear about the functins and capabilities of the a920. It is a great phone and it will be "released" from it's walled garden and security confines very soon.

3 worker :-)
06-12-2003, 07:57 AM
Hi all,
just 2 B clear, i'm working 4 3...
and i would like 2 make all of U sure,
that BT and IRDA are built in the
phone.
However, IRDA support is not in
the firmware release yet.
Official upgrade from 920 to 925
is out. I did many 920s with this upgrade
and they are perfectly working.
There is also no restriction to signed apps only.
I'm really sorry 4 incompetent people
@ 3 giving U wrong answers...

Yours
3 worker

Eisha
06-12-2003, 09:45 PM
I also work for 3 and yes the A920 has bluetooth and IR in it but not the software to make it function. I think there's still a problem if we will get the A925 upgrade, anyway here in Sweden I've heard that if we upgrade the phone to the A925 there will be a problem with the guaranti but I also hope that this thing will be solved asap.

I work hard for a lockup and for an upgrade to make it a A925 :)

guaranteed
07-12-2003, 02:47 AM
I think you will be aware by now that the a920 software is available in UK and Australia on the 8th & 9th of December repectively...okay:D