View Full Version : What do other people do with YOUR 9210?

SwitchBlade
11-08-2002, 11:34 PM
Sitting on a mini-bus for 6 hours may not be everyone's idea of a fun Sunday, but alas it is mine.... lol. Today I went to a tug-of-war competition near Bedford, this was a 3 hour journey each way from where I live. On said bus journey one of my mates asked to borrow my phone cos he was interested in what it can do. He went through all the features and all my apps, and then decided that he'd play DOOM II for the best part of both journeys. I think he's now outdone the huge amount of time other people have spent playing Bounce. Does anyone ever borrow your phone? If so what do they do with it?

Nosferatu
12-08-2002, 06:47 AM
:D My phone was kidnapped once by my gal... coz of the RAYMAN game... she's really into 9210 games... and just because of that i have got MOST of the games for 9210... while my other friends love the capability of sending logos and ringtones... whenever i meet them i will have to at least spend 10-15 mins entertaining them doing this... ;)

Nosferatu
12-08-2002, 06:48 AM
sometimes its simply just for sms typing... coz it's much easier than typing it up with other phone... ;)

happygeek
12-08-2002, 10:56 AM
Mrs Wavey hates my 9210 so doesn't borrow it at all - too heavy, too big, and most of all 'I only want to make a poxy telephone call - not write a book'.

However, she did like my little Sony Z5 so much that it is now HER Sony Z5. She likes the size and the menu system, and despite only wanting to make a telephone call she likes the way I have configured it for her to be able to check email from her POP3 box as well.

The only trouble is that she also has her eye on my Samsung A300, which I have to admit liking rather a lot myself as an everyday phone...

happygeek
12-08-2002, 11:00 AM
Oh, and I've got a JadeTec MicroPC 4 coming in to the office tomorrow for a review - and I am guessing she will try and snaffle that for as long as it stays here after I've finished benchmarking and testing it. She likes things small does Mrs Wavey :o cripes! I've realised what I have said now <crawls away in shame>...

sexybeast
15-08-2002, 07:19 PM
i dont let people touch my phone.

TANKERx
15-08-2002, 07:57 PM
For ages, it was Bounce, now it's Rayman. I think that Gameloft may have a lot of answering to do for phones needing repaired hinges and keyboards!

Strange, I never seem to be able to impress people with my Word documents and graphs in Sheet. Hmmmmmm, I wonder why? Maybe I should show them my really big Powerdata database?

Ewan
15-08-2002, 08:06 PM
Multiplayer games of "CHAOS" on the Speccy Emulator from Wildpalm

upponalle
16-08-2002, 08:06 AM
My wife always borrows the phone if she wants to write a lenghty SMS to hear sister, because it is easier and faster. And she is totally into Bounce... :D
Otherwise, my work mates take once in awhile a look it and then start considering if they should get one as well. But for most of them the phone is too big, besides all the convinience.

Nosferatu
16-08-2002, 08:08 AM
For ages, it was Bounce, now it's Rayman. I think that Gameloft may have a lot of answering to do for phones needing repaired hinges and keyboards!

yeah i hope my keypads not gonna end up like my PS2... its now just plain buttons... ;)

Ewan
16-08-2002, 08:41 AM
My wife always borrows the phone if she wants to write a lenghty SMS to hear sister, because it is easier and faster.

This made me giggle. After all, SMS's are a max of 160 no matter the device. :-)

upponalle
16-08-2002, 08:45 AM
No, it is not. Some Nokia phones support long SMS (over 160 characters) like 3300 series! Sending long SMS from 9210 to 9210 works as well, so you are not always limited to 160 characters!

Ewan
16-08-2002, 09:13 AM
Ahh! I remeber doing that with the 9000i.

Nosferatu
17-08-2002, 06:16 AM
I remembered once i SMS my gal a very long poetry...(obviously i just cut and paste it...hehehe...) and of course, it was sent as multiple SMS...

thats the cool thing abt communicators, i dont hafta worry abt the limitation... ;)

Loonyworld
18-08-2002, 06:36 PM
i dont let people touch my phone.

LOL

You can touch it, but then I have to kill you....cool

Personaly for me itīs just the shere movement of opening and closing the "hood" that dazzels people.."WoW...Do that again" ..
But I must admit ...When I turn up the heat under Doom, friends tend to run away with my 9210, screaming, leading to a minor pedestrian chase..I alway run them up..except this one time where my mate held it hostage in a toilet for 30 mins :roll:
The .sid player is always a hit too, along with the Frodo-C64 emul :D

TheSpecialBoy
17-01-2003, 12:12 PM
I borrow it to my sisters cildrens...

They play allot of Vrally(even my sisters :D ), bounce, The Game (the one with a space rocket), Warp Figter and Cosmic Fighter.

I did once borrowed to my boss for 15 minutes, she decided to buy one, but when got to pricing, remained to 6310i.... ;)