View Full Version : Please post firmware and any bugs

DrScouse
12-09-2003, 10:50 AM
As the A920 hits the streets.. it may be of use if we could log our firmware, and any issues or bugs that are found.

HANDSET INFORMATION
================

Machine: REFERENCE PLATFORM
VERSION: REL 11.06.00.00

Problems:

Occasional random phone restarts

Occasional loss of VOICE number, unable to dial. Number is also not shown in PHONE>MY LINES only displays FAX and VIDEO, and also during bootup when it display these numbers.

My Signal Area:
Medium>Strong Video Coverage (3g)

No BLUETOOTH or IR (YET)

15-09-2003, 09:17 AM
My details :

Reference Platform

REL 11.11.00.00
Baseband A920_U_10.16.01B

Problems:

Reboots (quite rare)
No Bluethooth / GPS / iRDA
Got a java game installed that i cant uninstall

james_preedy
15-09-2003, 09:38 PM
As the A920 hits the streets.. it may be of use if we could log our firmware, and any issues or bugs that are found.

HANDSET INFORMATION
================

Machine: REFERENCE PLATFORM
VERSION: REL 11.06.00.00

Problems:

Occasional random phone restarts

Occasional loss of VOICE number, unable to dial. Number is also not shown in PHONE>MY LINES only displays FAX and VIDEO, and also during bootup when it display these numbers.

My Signal Area:
Medium>Strong Video Coverage (3g)

No BLUETOOTH or IR (YET)

I've got the same. GPRS emails are working fine in 2.5g, little flaky in 3g. 3's site seems a bit sus in 3g tho - dodgy connecting. Also had a few misshaped buttons at one point, but they solved themselves. Java games really dont like to work either. The mp3 player crackles when you do other stuff at the same time ...

Wonder where the nearest service centre is?

James

DrScouse
16-09-2003, 01:10 PM
I also seem to have some missing options in the CONTROL PANEL>SOUNDS options.. the manual shows about 5 or 6, and I only have 2; Ringer & Alert Mode.

DrScouse
16-09-2003, 01:16 PM
I also seem to have some missing options in the CONTROL PANEL>SOUNDS options.. the manual shows about 5 or 6, and I only have 2; Ringer & Alert Mode.

Only a minor flaw.. I know... but one nevertheless!!

17-09-2003, 01:44 PM
I've installed the software as instructed, tried a few different usb ports, and still no connection. Am running Windows 2000 Professional, and the only error message i'm getting is from mRouter, who says:

'it is not possible to enable the port, as it may be in use by another application'.

any ideas?

Also i don't have the full sounds menu, nor does my infrared work. Not to mention lack of Bluetooth, which i'm confident we'll see before this phone is overtaken by another model of itself!

R

17-09-2003, 03:48 PM
Im convinced that within 6 months, this handset will live up to its potential.

MP3's skip and crackle when I am using the handset, particularly when browsing 3 services (if you can call it browsing!).

Your USB prob.. did you have any other software for mobiles installed? I had similar prob, cos I had software for my 7650 installed and had multiple mrouter instances causing conflicts.

I uninstalled both apps, and started from scratch and all was ok.. albeit a bit slow when transferring MP3s... but I can live with that, its not somehting you have to do on a regular basis.

22-09-2003, 08:54 AM
email doesn't work in 3g area.

multimedia messaging doesn't work in both 2g and 3g.

3 content often going down, just sits there `browsing`.

3 network often goes down but still shows `high`, i.e. in this state you think your connected ok but people get your voice mail and outgoing calls show call dropped immdiatley. no problem like this in 2g.

all network problems i suppose! not really allot wrong with the handset, hasn't crashed or rebooted yet.

as for the crackling mp3's the unit is only spec'd to 128kbit/s due to processing power remember! for high quality low bitrate try mp3PRO.

barga
27-09-2003, 05:40 PM
almost every time when I have activated the keylock and the screen has gone black the phone refuses me to answer when I recive a voice call. An information window appers that says "In Use" and I have to try to unactivate the keylock and then answer.

I already missed alot of calls because of this! Anyone else havin the same problem?!

Oh yeah, the phone sometimes reboots when you connect the charger....

Version 11.11.00.00

qwerty
02-10-2003, 08:58 AM
The "In Use" error is really really anoying.

I sometimes can not even unlock my phone, with no incoming call. I have to try atleast four times because each attempt brings up this "In Use" error.

I feel this is becoming a serious issue for me, anyone else agree. It has only seemed to be a recent problem, I suspect it may have to do with certain programs, or over filling of the RAM, anyone have any suggestions?

NT moto
03-10-2003, 08:25 PM
hi people,

i've had my A920 for about 3/4 weeks, and so far i'm very happy. however i'm not really that impressed with the 3 network uptime.
sending and receiving txt messages is fine.. sending and receiving MMS is so far impossible. i can some times send a MMS, but it never arrives at the receiver.. and i have not received a MMS either, even though i've had people try sending me MMS txts.

i have noticed the phone everyso often throw out a error code.. i shall try and note them down and post them on this site.

having said the has just reset itself while i was on the phone :(

One thing is for sure, the phone is better than my 9210.

NT

smirre
10-10-2003, 12:56 PM
Hi,

my firmware version: 11.11.00.00

Is it possible that the first '11' is the Version and the next eleven is the language?

Yours,

Reini

NT moto
11-10-2003, 08:17 PM
hi, just a quick update on error messages:

program home
reason code E32USER-CBase
reason number 63

Program Messaging
Reason code CONE
Reason number 14

the version i have is 11.11.000.00

i thought i could put up with the dropped calls and the phone resetting half way through a call. but i'm getting alittle peed off with the 3G network and mobile phone reliability.

NT

Unregistereds
14-10-2003, 03:13 AM
Barga,

turn off the auto phone lock.
lock the phone manual by pushing shortcut and game B key.
phone should respond better to calls using this method

Unregistereds
14-10-2003, 03:17 AM
smirre
no its not possible.
its the rev number thats all.
it started at 9.0.0
when the A925 comes out it will be 21.34.32
this will work with the A920. they are same insides. you just have to have the newer bootloader. 01.1.45 and up.
to check this remove battery. while holding down the two game keys put the battery back in. the data displayed will give you the bootloader number.

Unregistereds
14-10-2003, 03:21 AM
qwerty
keep in mind that this is a computer.
you cant open every app and expect it to keep working.
you need to install qfileman.
when you open that program and click file/task list you can close all open apps.

davecrowley
24-10-2003, 10:29 PM
Bought my A 920 last Friday - 17th Oct.

version : REL 11.22.00.01
Baseband : A920_U_10.1D.00B

Can receive MMS but not read them.

Seems to have the IrDa option enabled for Desktop Suite - not tried yet due to lack of IrDa on my PC ! Will try on mate's Laptop and let you know.

"Extra" sound options still missing as per earlier posts by DrScouse in this thread.

Pressing GREEN key now answers phone with keylock activated and screen off.

Jimmie
05-11-2003, 10:14 PM
Thats strange cus i bought my A920 on 31st Oct and i have the same release version as you and yet i dont seem to have IrDa on data suite

could you explain where the option for IrDa is please in case i have missed it

Thank You

waheedrafiq
24-11-2003, 09:56 AM
need some help here Where can i download this firmware from can anyone email me this firmware please

email: waheed_rafiq@lycos.co.uk

can anyone help here

reply back asap

jbatch
28-11-2003, 02:59 PM
Three only support MMS to their own network dudes.....

djgenesis
18-01-2004, 05:35 AM
I took the phone for a software upgrade and its got bluetooth now.. It is cool but with the new version of the software i was unable to restore my backup . I still got the contacts.cdb file but i can't read it..
any ideas anyone? i am desperate.... :(

BalooDK
17-02-2004, 05:21 PM
Firmware: 11.22.00.01

1. No BT and no IR
2. Phone f..ks up sometimes (cannot dial up, and people can't call me)
3. Error in phone menu... One of the menus is out of the screen

Kothos
29-03-2004, 08:43 AM
As you can probably guess from the subject, I'm absolutely desperate. I'm also in Australia (Sydney, if that makes any difference).

I got an A920 a few months ago. I haven't fiddled with it, just used it and taken photos and added stuff to the address book and contact database etc...

It has been majorly buggy from Day 1. I have never been able to synch or backup the data. When used on a Windows 2000 machine, the phone detects on USB but DesktopSuite continually says there is no phone. When used on Windows XP, it works but as soon as you try to transfer data the computer restarts! Three nor Motorola have not been able to help!

Anyway, this is not my problem! My problem is that the phone started giving me memory error messages - even though the internal memory has only a couple of megs on it and the SD card is nearly empty. This morning, it stopped booting!

I need it to boot! It boots and gets to the "3" splash screen and then just hangs. It can still receieve calls and gives me missed call messages, but I cannot get into the OS to make calls or access any data. I need my data!

Sorry if I'm coming across as hysterical, I am! I so desperately need to access my data (on the internal memory) it's not funny.

The data is still there, I know. When I shut the phone down, it gets over whatever hang up it has and briefly shows me the OS applications screen, then shuts down.

Three have said that I need to get the upgrade to fix this - but then I'll lose my data! They reckon there's no way to save it, but there's got to be, because it's still there! I don't care if they have to pick it out of the memory bit by bit using a binary editor, I need it!

Does anybody know how to get over this boot problem? I'm willing to offer small cash rewards or grossly discounted computer parts (I work in IT) for any help whatsoever.

Thanks heaps in advance!! (-:

Lenus
23-04-2004, 12:42 PM
well, i'm in australia, and i have an A920,

i have Firmware V 30.80.12 and i've got everything, bt/ir open operating system...

finally a920 is good

Silex
01-05-2004, 10:42 PM

i have Firmware V 30.80.12 and i've got everything, bt/ir open operating system...

finally a920 is good
Minus the fact that it's so hard to sim unlock these darn things. I just want to use my phone on T-Mobile in the states. Is that too much to ask!?

bassinvada
19-05-2004, 05:07 PM
3 only support MMS on their own network and O2 at the moment which is annoying!

The 'In use' error is an absolute nightmare. I've had so many bugs with my phone from the start. I have 4mb of my internal memory apparently being used by my browser which isn't. My camera works about 80% of the time, the other 20% i get an error message saying something like "program must close", I then have to restart the phone which is also a nightmare because it takes about 2 minutes for the phone to boot up. My screen is knackered after about 3 months, eg if i click the 'message' menu whilst in a message it takes me to home - I have tried calibrating the screen 100 times and it still don't work.

These are just the things I can think of off my head! Apart from the amount of bugs it's a wicked phone though.

dmc15
22-05-2004, 10:28 AM
Hi guys,
I live in Greece and i have just bought my a920 with enabled bluetooth.
My current version is
REL 21.58.01
But i do not have IR operating!! When i try to use IR it says NOT SUPPORTED!In the fileman though i can see some files called ir send/listen.app etc but no can do with communication over IR!! Can someone tell me what to do?
Is it possible to get a firmware update over the net? Please HELP!

carp.angler
01-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Well, I've had my A925 for about 2 months, actually this one I've had for about 3 weeks, the first one got replaced because the touch screen stopped working and it continually rebooted.
My new one comes up with the Db5 main program closing error and wont start for about 50% of the time.
Bluebooth has also stopped working.

A bug ridden piece of dross?
Afraid so.

At least I've still got my Nokia on Vodafone, so I can still talk to people.

3G customer care?
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Motorola support?
no response.

Stuck in a Ģ70 a month contract with an unreliable phone.
Fantastic.

I can't give you any firmware versions or similar because the phone wont start again........ :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Unregistereds
06-06-2004, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by Lenus

finally a920 is good

I am a A920 user in Melbourne. I couldn't find the correct flash and flex files for Australia, can you please email them to me at ant@com-tek.com.au. dun worry about the size. Thank you in advance

Neko
08-06-2004, 08:22 AM
I've also got my new A920, happily pre-upgraded to 30.80.12. Works fine for me, and I'm very happy with it. I don't care much for 3's policies- I'm happy to use Vodafone.

I'm in Sydney myself, what do u mean about flash and flex files? One thing I can't get working yet is the backup tool, is the A925 suite better for this?

-Neko

connyb
28-06-2004, 09:48 PM
I change the time for shutdown display and backlight that improved my phone with 90% 1min for light 4 min for display

REL: 30.80.15
A925

3G net in sweden unstable..... but fun when working

Running with OPL......

Well, I've had my A925 for about 2 months, actually this one I've had for about 3 weeks, the first one got replaced because the touch screen stopped working and it continually rebooted.
My new one comes up with the Db5 main program closing error and wont start for about 50% of the time.
Bluebooth has also stopped working.

A bug ridden piece of dross?
Afraid so.

At least I've still got my Nokia on Vodafone, so I can still talk to people.

3G customer care?
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Motorola support?
no response.

Stuck in a Ģ70 a month contract with an unreliable phone.
Fantastic.

I can't give you any firmware versions or similar because the phone wont start again........ :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

solidarity
22-08-2004, 11:54 AM
3G customer care?
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Only took me 2.5h in a phone queue to figure that one out...
After 3 sent me the wrong phone. :P

REL: 30.80.15
Only had it a day, no troubles yet (but there's plenty of time for problems)... games seem a little scarce. :P

freedom.id.au
01-09-2004, 08:10 PM
I'm getting my A925 back from motorola repair this afternoon..

It's getting a firmware upgrade, since i screwed the kernel and the phone wouldn't boot..

I'll post any new info i can give.

I'm just glad to be getting it back, it's been out of service for well over a month
since i couldnt find my contract!! and im not paying to fix it hahahaha

bazman
02-09-2004, 10:59 PM
Hi,

I have M A920 version: REL 30.80.15 .

I am having trouble connecting to my BT handset (bought from 3, brand: I-tech). The handset does not appear on the list in the phone (btw I tried it on 2 other phones and it works fine). I tried (just for fun) connecting to other phones and that seems to work.

Any suggestions?

thanks
/Bassam

Prasanta
29-09-2004, 03:36 PM
On my A925 I could see the Version is REL 30.80.20. I just received it yesterday. Is this the latest one ?

Regards,
Prasanta.

effortnottalent
04-10-2004, 03:26 PM
I've had this phone since January and have come close to slinging it at hard walls. It's potentially very good but not quite. 256MB memory card and it becomes a not bad mp3 player though.

Vital statistics:

Version REL 21.58.01
Baseband A925_BP_21.58.01
Flex SE8102AXXW8008
AP Config SE8102AXXW8_007

I've spent a week trying to look for a firmware upgrade for the phone to no avail. If someone has the firmware handy, could they email it to rich dot mathias at gmail dot com? I'd be eternally grateful.

sfa
06-10-2004, 11:56 AM
I have a Motorola A925
With the version 30.80.19
Is this the latest version there is ?

master1357
10-10-2004, 07:26 PM
What?Is it really the rel 30.80.19 ? I thought, the last one was the 30.80.20? Could anyone PM me where I can find the rel 30.80.20 for download? thx a lot

rinpoche
28-10-2004, 10:13 AM
I have just recieved my phone (A925) back from three UK and it too is flashed with 30.80.20, the main differences seem to be an upgrade to Opera, so that it now shows the text 'Loading' when its loading a page.

Also MMS now seems to work, but that probably was a problem with the original handset, since this is a 'new' handset.

Plus there also seems to be a 'skin' property in the dialer application, although that may have been there with 30.80.15 but I hadnt seen it.

If you want to upgrade your phone to 30.80.20, its probably best to get three to do it for you. Just tell them that its not doing something (like MMS) and they will re-flash it and send it back to you.

They dont seem to test the phones at all, since I sent my original handset to be 'fixed' and it came back with the same MMS issues, plus a few new ones! So I'm guessing that they just have an 'assembly line' where somone spends their entire day reflashing phones.

Getting three to do it for you is obviously a LOT safer than downloading a dodgy copy of the flash & flex and doing it yourself.

spudtheimpaler
21-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Hi,

I have M A920 version: REL 30.80.15 .

I am having trouble connecting to my BT handset (bought from 3, brand: I-tech). The handset does not appear on the list in the phone (btw I tried it on 2 other phones and it works fine). I tried (just for fun) connecting to other phones and that seems to work.

Any suggestions?

thanks
/Bassam

Hi, the bluetooth upgrade three do for free is for data only. Some headsets will work with minimal functionality, but i didn't find it worth while, i had no control of the headset, couldn't change the volume / hang up calls or anything, so i sent the heaset back. on A1000 now though... SO much better!

brucelv
22-11-2004, 03:44 PM
Apps and games can not be installed on memory card!!!!!!!

dottore
03-01-2005, 09:39 PM
I have an A925 with 30.80.20. Seems to work well so far.
Although 30.80.20 with unlocked software won't tolerate PIN locked SIM card. 30.80.15 does it pretty well though.

Tuning the GPRS / UMTS / MMS seemed difficult but later came easily with proper support from local 3G provider. Still puzzled with another A925 (30.80.15) that refuses to connect. :rolleyes:

Seems like a various numbers :redface: should be taken into account including IP's and proxys.

Bluetooteh only needs attention. It gets connected eventually with various units (tried different headsets, Nokia and Sony Ericsson phones, iPaq and PCs).

souhhiel
10-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Help I Dont Have My Code Nu
What I Can Do????

zill
14-01-2005, 11:27 AM
I have an A925 with
Version : REL 11.22.00.01
Baseband: A920_U_10.1D.00B

I want to use Bluetooth and Infrared port ,please send new Firmware to me at
zill10400@yahoo.com

Thank you very much

RAZOR2K5
24-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Hy,
I have an A925 with 30.80.20 firmware, anybody who whant this ver send me an request main on valentin.uritescu@gmail.com, it is 27MB.
I have a small problem with my phone:
from time to time the speaker normally used on call conversation won't work but if I hold the volume key for 3 secs the sound comes back. If I put the call on speaker for the handsfree mode I heard the conversation but I don't whant to anybody to hear what I'm talkin' about.
Any ideas..... :)

andrewkeith5
08-02-2005, 06:02 PM
Hi

I believe I may be able to help you with some of the problems I have seen on this forum (that is of course if you havent already)

I own an a925 and am hapy to try things out

killerkiko
23-02-2005, 03:36 PM
i was wondering where i could get the updated firmware. killerkiko@gmail.com
thanks in advance

francisco

jen
01-03-2005, 08:25 AM
Does anyone know where i can get the firmware to upgrade my motorola a920

855mev
14-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Lenus,

itīs possible for you to send me that firmware to a920, in order to activate de BT/IR??

one more question,

do you know how can I unlock the phone to othe service provideres (SIM), portuguese.

Thank you in advance,

best regards,

Rui Freire

p.S- do I need any special cable to make the firmware update?, or itīs like a ordinary aplication.

andrewkeith5
14-04-2005, 06:33 PM
normal cable will be fine

about the unlock, theres 3 ways to do it:
1) by a code that you can buy off unlocking websites
2) a hardware unlock usually performed by a shop or internet site (you will need to send your phone to them for a few days)

i would reccomend the second option as the first isnt always very reliable

andy

facio
26-05-2005, 01:18 PM
Generic flash for Motorola A925 in one SHX file released !!!

for more please look here :

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?p=228377

:-)

by f@cio ft. payti

Andrey
04-06-2005, 11:09 AM
Is there any probability I could ask you guys to send me the file: cameracapture.ini which should normaly be in any a925's "system" folder. I suspect a soft error with my camera.
Thanks much in advance

blackevil
31-08-2006, 07:52 AM
any1 have this REL 30.80.20 for motorola a920? i really wanna enjoy the bluetooth and irda. plz mail to blackevil_1985@yahoo.com

sandman.enter
18-12-2007, 01:55 PM
http://www.4gumpa.com/mobile_app_en/index.aspx?intro=Motorola