View Full Version : Tell me about the calendar/agenda please

Pagemakers
11-09-2003, 12:22 PM
I currently have a SPV e100 (Microsoft Smartphone) and I am strongly thinking of upgrading to the 6600.

But I need to know one important thing about the calendar function as this is very important to me.

All of the screen shots of I have of the calendar day view (from a 7650) do not show the whole day, just say 9am to 2pm. If I have a single appointment at say 7.40pm, will I need to scroll down the page to see the event or will the event be on shown as soon as I go to the relevant day?

If I have to start scrolling up and down all the pages of my calendar as I browse through it would seriously put me off this phone.

A few calendar screen shots whould be nice.

Have a look at the calendar from the SPV. Can you see how you donít need to scroll up and down the page to see appointments, no matter if they are at 0900 or 2300.

Also does the Series 60 OS show meeting start and end times?

Al3xandr3
11-09-2003, 01:39 PM
"All of the screen shots of I have of the calendar day view (from a 7650) do not show the whole day, just say 9am to 2pm. If I have a single appointment at say 7.40pm, will I need to scroll down the page to see the event or will the event be on shown as soon as I go to the relevant day? "

You will need to scroll if let's say one appointment is at 7:00 am and the other ar 10 pm. If you have only one appointment it will center the screen on that. But, if you have an appointment at 7 am and one at 10 pm, the calendar shows you that there are more appointments below, by adding three dots in the bottom. To me it works really well. You can also choose between a monthly or weekly view, and in those you can take the daily view!

"Also does the Series 60 OS show meeting start and end times?"

Yes. Just passing with the cursor on it. Or else, it will show you how much time it will take.

Pagemakers
11-09-2003, 01:47 PM
Thanks. That's better than I expected but not as good at the way it is done above. No scrolling or clicking at all, just an easy to view list of the day's appointments.

JyriK
11-09-2003, 08:48 PM
But of course if you really need, you can buy any of the "today screen" apps that are available for series 60.
Go check those out.
Handy day
http://nokia-6600-software.epocware.com/Handy_Day.html
List manager
http://www.psiloc.com/?id=prod&nrp=88

And more here:
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/software/directory/viewcat.php?c=Productivity&d=Nokia%207650

Pagemakers
11-09-2003, 10:42 PM
Thank you

Pagemakers
13-09-2003, 12:30 PM
Just had a play with the N-Gage today, in particular with the calendar feature since thatís what I'm interested in and I assume it will be the same on the 6600.

If you scroll left and right though the days you still have to scroll up and down to see the appointments if say, one is at 9am on Mon and the next is at 8pm on Tues. It takes ages going up and down all the time. Why couldnít they have produced something as simple as the image above where all your day's appointments are displayed together with no blank time limes with nothing on them. It is concise and simple. If they 6600 is to be aimed at the business user, then I am surprised they produce an agenda package such as this. End times should also be displayed by default is required.

It such a shame because otherwise it looks a fantastic product.

Tatus
13-09-2003, 02:05 PM
Maybe Today view (http://koti.phnet.fi/jarilaak/software/todayview.html) can do the trick?

Should hopefully work on the 6600 and looks to have what you want?

Pagemakers
13-09-2003, 06:03 PM
Hey the good news is it looks like my wish has already been incorporated.

Have a look at the following screen shots from the 2650 & 6600 manuals.

Note the day view. Looks like on the 6600 there is no need to scroll up and down the page to view appointments. I would like to think if there was another appointment at say 8pm on the 6600 screenshot the appointment would just sit directly below the first one and not off the bottom of the page requiring scrolling as it does now.

Can any 6600 owner/reviewer confirm?

GhostDog
14-09-2003, 12:23 AM
Good for you! :D

Pagemakers
14-09-2003, 12:32 PM
Fingers crossed the new manual is correct :o