View Full Version : The market game

Zipper
20-08-2003, 11:46 PM
I'm in business of technology, as some may know. Here is intel's rule (applies to every company): "yes, we can produce and market a chip 10 times faster than anything else within month's, we have technology to achieve and accomplish this, but what your forgetting sir is money, why would we want to do that, when quite easily we could sell them everything in between" market staggering is the term, making us buy everything in between currently available phones and that elusive dream phone is the game. If they realised an all knowing phone with 100x digital zoom 5mp camera, 32bit colour screen, gps and tv reciever .... Then what they gonna sell thats better with in next few years! Hehehe... "Might be good for advancement of human race but not profits" as one sony rep once said.

Kirill
21-08-2003, 06:32 AM
Well that's simply smart marketing. Like I said before Nokia is not in the business to make us completely happy. They are in business to make money, that's the bottom line, keep stockholders happy, put food on the employees' tables, etc. In order to do this they have to keep us happy with new products, but not necessarily show all their cards at once. N/A you are completely right. If they release something that incorporates everything they can do to a phone they will not have anything new for quite sometime, so they will have nothing to attract customers with.

Al3xandr3
21-08-2003, 09:10 AM
of course...

22-08-2003, 02:54 AM
The idea would be to chalange the company. Though it is posabole to make a phone with all that stuff no dout but i dont want a masive phone i like the ability to put things in my pocket. Though you are right nothing like greed.

Al3xandr3
22-08-2003, 10:02 AM
I don't consider this as greed, but as a normal market fact...

:bday: But we all know that Nokia's chairman has the Nokia 6950, which is a 3g phone, with a 65k screen, 1Mpixel camera, Bluetooth, Symbian 7.0, Stereo Output, MMC Cards, MP3, TV Reception.... and the list goes on and on... :bday:

"Just kidding!"

fischerspooner
24-08-2003, 12:56 PM
well generally this hasnt been anything new. all great companies know they have to play this agme if they were to survive. this is strategy and it's a survival tactic in the long run.

Well that's simply smart marketing. Like I said before Nokia is not in the business to make us completely happy. They are in business to make money, that's the bottom line, keep stockholders happy, put food on the employees' tables, etc. In order to do this they have to keep us happy with new products, but not necessarily show all their cards at once. N/A you are completely right. If they release something that incorporates everything they can do to a phone they will not have anything new for quite sometime, so they will have nothing to attract customers with.