View Full Version : internet connection

kaakhvan
01-11-2001, 09:50 AM
Whenever I open my WWW browser on the 9210 it takes me to the stored nokia site that's in the memory. So I click ctrl O and I type the url of the website I wish to go to.
The phones starts to dial and I get the prompt about my username and password, bu t once i'm connected, the browser says "cannot open page <!-- BBCode auto-link start --><a href="http//www.yahoo.com"" target="_blank">http//www.yahoo.com"</a><!-- BBCode auto-link end --> and it also says "could not find specified Internet Server"

Please help.

Yakumo
01-11-2001, 10:51 AM
Have you tried to reduce the speed of your modem?
I use V.110 ISDN at 14400.

Regards.

kaakhvan
01-11-2001, 11:05 AM
I have tried all the speeds, but nothing it says the same thing. I can get the 9210 to connect with my laptop and dial from my laptop and connect and use the internet from my laptop, but for some reason this message pops up on the phone and i cant go to any site.

01-11-2001, 11:55 AM
I suspect that either your Internet settings are wrong or that you have not yet inputted the proxy settings required by your ISP.

Please confirm that all your settings have been keyed in correctly.

Lastly, i presume that your mobiles actually makes a call to your ISP?

<!-- BBcode auto-mailto start -->mailtoaylmer@singnet.com.sgaylmer@singnet.com.sg</a><!-- BBCode auto-mailto end -->

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-01 1205, kaakhvan wrote
I have tried all the speeds, but nothing it says the same thing. I can get the 9210 to connect with my laptop and dial from my laptop and connect and use the internet from my laptop, but for some reason this message pops up on the phone and i cant go to any site.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->

N9210
01-11-2001, 10:30 PM
Did you enter in a DNS IP address? if your ISP needs you to do this (check your laptops dialup connection) then make sure you have them correct. If your ISP doesn't require them then make sure you don't have them set in your 9210.

kaakhvan
02-11-2001, 07:00 PM
everything including dns, proxy everything is entered correctly