View Full Version : Bad thing about the P800

mustu
31-07-2002, 08:06 AM
The bad point about the P800 is that the camera does not have a cover to protect it like the nokia 7650.

what kind of image would you get with dirty lens and what if i get scratched? :evil:

Dazler
31-07-2002, 09:10 AM
more important .. how much would it cost to replace the lens?

TANKERx
31-07-2002, 10:45 AM
But get yourself a little carry case and you'll be sorted!

There'll bound to be one made available that has a little flap for the lense?

Zuber
31-07-2002, 10:49 AM
I can see it now. A twin screen protector.
1 for the touch screen, 1 for the lense. I'm not sure if I'm jokeing or not.

Zuber

06-08-2002, 10:00 AM
umm... screen protector for camera lens

i think it will make the picture not as clear as without the protector

but who knows the thing not out yet

Zuber
06-08-2002, 09:29 PM
To be honest, if they had the same device available without a camera, but significantly slimmer, I'd rather have that. I'm more interested in th PDA/Phone combo. than the camera. It would provide some fun though.

Zuber

17-08-2002, 04:47 AM
why SE not just using the model for the new clie it's very thin and it has a camera that can be rotated so it can act as a webcam

and it;s far better than p800 model (like a piece of soap) :D

SwitchBlade
17-08-2002, 11:53 AM
The problem I can see is that if they move far enough away from traditional phone design to PDA style design it wouldn't interest as many people. For the time being these are gimmick phones more than all-in-one PDA/Phones.

Zipper
27-08-2002, 10:02 PM
One thing I have noticed with these high profile flashy, 'feature drowning' and amazing devices is that all this has a tendancy to cloud ones view to small (and large) problems, :o that can become quite annoying after awhile :-? . Lets take a step back, Now were paying them an awful lot of money, :( Shouldn't they make the device to suit us rather than them make us suit the device? If im paying a lot of money, I have to look at it seriously, Is a flat Stylus (Yes I have used it) really going to be usable after a short period (about 2 weeks down the line), well, No, it aint. And to get a feel for it, cut a lolly pop stick top off to make it 7cm's long and 8mm wide and the 5D jog dial is EXACTLY the same as the Sony Z7 so give that a whirl If your interested, here's SONY ERICSSONS OFFICIAL EMAIL REPLY to the Camera protection issiue

Hello,
Yes there will be a small "bag" available for protection.

Sorry for the delayed answer. It was very difficult to find the right person to answer your question.

Kind regards
Sony Ericsson Info

We have to purchase a seperate bag for it to go in - Not the easiest of things to carry around as it ads wieght and size to all dimensions. Before anyone asks, I am not a Nokia 7650 fan :roll: (Joystick to slippy and a massive memory problem, in the sense it lacks in that department A LOT!)
Its ashame that with all this advanced technology, consumers like us willing to pay a considerable amount of money, and still were have to compromise on features (Or in the p800 case, were having to do with a stylus that hurts, unprotected camera lens, big pocket problems with its size and addtional 'bag' and the famously horrible jog dial) as there are no features it lacks) :P

Dazler
27-08-2002, 10:22 PM
Well ... i was thinking at the phone side of the 9210 under the keys ... some place left... you could actually fit a small digital camera ...
If you could make that, I don't think anyone would still buy those 7650/p800 junk ... :p

SwitchBlade
28-08-2002, 12:25 PM
Have you had that bit of the lid off of the 9210, there is soooooo much crammed in the phone. My friends say it's like a brick but it's small for the technology in there. I don't think there's any point in putting a camera in the 9210 when you can use and IR camera with it fine. Another problem is people want a phone with something extra rather than a full PDA meets a phone, or all the people flooding the 7650 forum would be using 9210s. The 9210 is a great device but too much for most people (and too little in some respects as in no predictive text on phone side, grrrrr). Remember things could be worse, you could be forced to by a M$ spartphone with added Ctrl-Alt-Delete keys.

28-08-2002, 03:55 PM
P800 package comes with a pouch. Check out the May white paper.

Zipper
28-08-2002, 08:59 PM
P800 package comes with a pouch. Check out the May white paper.
Your right - I was informed otherwise by a rep, doesnt matter though - Free is better!

23-09-2002, 01:23 PM
taking bets now. gsm is either:

A. under 16 and masterbating too often 2-1
B. angry that his grammer was so bad in that 1st sentance 5-1
C. A sony-erricsson cheif executive 100-1[/b]

23-09-2002, 06:49 PM
I'll put 5 on C please ;-)