View Full Version : Detailed 7650 review.

langdona
19-07-2002, 01:23 PM
Infosync have posted a detailed 7650 review. (http://www.infosync.no/show.php?id=2088&page=1) This is well worth the read if you are considering the device. They like it and give it 5 out of 6.

They don't like the PIM syncronization though.

'We'd recommend it any day, unless you're heavily dependent on synchronization and have a frequently changing schedule and contacts list.'

I wonder how many 7650 users use syncronization anyway?

TANKERx
19-07-2002, 03:59 PM
And there wa sme thinking that it didn't get 5 out of 5 because it lacked the hammer function :D

The solution is sturdy, but no substitute when in lack of a hammer

Rafe
19-07-2002, 08:31 PM
Yeah they seem a bit hung up on sync. I have never really used it on the PDA's I owned. That said if it were easy and could be done by SyncML I probably would.

Rafe

20-07-2002, 02:47 PM
Again, it's a pity that you always avoid writing anything about My-Communicator.com. We posted a much more detailed review (12 pages, 400 screenshots) three weeks earlier. Is this a kind of competition?

21-07-2002, 12:38 PM
One could say the same thing about your site and its lack of linking to any other Nokia 9210 sites. This site links to you (from the front page no less - more than can be said for My-Com, where external links are deep within the site), as do other 9210 sites. On top of that the new system whereby there's more news stories that are links to other articles only started after you posted your review.

Finally it would probably be a bit pointless since most people are aware of your site anyway. The idea of the links in stories like this is I assume to link to stories and reviews that you might otherwise miss.

langdona
21-07-2002, 06:46 PM
Again, it's a pity that you always avoid writing anything about My-Communicator.com. We posted a much more detailed review (12 pages, 400 screenshots) three weeks earlier. Is this a kind of competition?

Whenever I've recommend sites for Symbiam smartphones I have always included My-Communicator along with this site and more recently Mobile Musings. I'm sure I posted a link to your review on PDABuzz someone beat me to it on on PDA Geek and I thought it had been posted on on the forums here.

There was a period when this site was not updated much due to Rafe being busy with exams. Its only in the last week that more people (myself included) have been able to post News Items.

My-Communicator is a good site and Rafe has a link to it from the homepage. This site has much better web based forums though . ;)