View Full Version : card slot

17-06-2003, 06:33 AM
does any one know where is the card slot of 6600?

please don't put it under the battery again, nokia

n1ghtFLY
17-06-2003, 06:37 AM
It is !!!!

:D :D

you can go to nokia website then go to the nokia 6600 and then choose the phone demo for 6600

when completed click the "DEMO" then it will open the back cover and shows the MMC, SIM card and battery

Al3xandr3
17-06-2003, 10:11 AM
what's wrong with beeing below the battery?? it gets warm and cracks, is that it?? :o

n1ghtFLY
17-06-2003, 10:43 AM
means that it's not hot swapable thingy

maybe on some occasions the MMC behind the battery will get trouble

harder to change if E.g want to trade a MMC with your friends and copy all their games :evil: :evil: :D :D

18-06-2003, 08:53 AM

harder to change if E.g want to trade a MMC with your friends and copy all their games :evil: :evil: :D :D

As I understand it, MMC aren't hot swappable in the sense that if you're writing data to an MMC as you take it out, you'll lose the data.

The solution is to either a) put a door on the card slot to stop the data write before ejection or b) make it impossible to swap cards while the phone is on.

I guess Nokia thought a) was too complicated / expensive.

-Ciaran

deathmonger
18-06-2003, 09:05 AM
what's wrong with beeing below the battery?? it gets warm and cracks, is that it?? :o

Pal, that means that you have to switch off the phone everytime you want to change de MMC! In the other hand I think I understand why Nokia Ingineers put it there. When you've got a 40MB of memory available I think It's not very likely that you go switching MMC's to have access to other programs you have or other stuff... that space is far enough IN MOST CASES. Don't forget they try to fullfill as MOST PART of the market they can.

n1ghtFLY
18-06-2003, 09:17 AM

As I understand it, MMC aren't hot swappable in the sense that if you're writing data to an MMC as you take it out, you'll lose the data.

The solution is to either a) put a door on the card slot to stop the data write before ejection or b) make it impossible to swap cards while the phone is on.

I guess Nokia thought a) was too complicated / expensive.

-Ciaran

yep yep on my 9210i for the MMC there is a little button which tells the machine if the MMC is there or not

and with this i can swap it around

nokia too lazy to design the door for the MMC :D :D :D

cos even with this design many people will buy it ;)

07-07-2003, 11:38 AM
One advantage of the P800... and yes, hot swapping is important, particularly when I'm using the MP3 player!