View Full Version : WANTED: News Posters (soon) - maybe...

Rafe
12-07-2002, 06:09 PM
Right this is in the Community forum because well I only want people who are at leats a little known in the forums and cause its only an idea at the moment.

As I stated some time ago I want to make this site a bit more community based so I'm not responsible for everything. Obviously the forum is a part of this. But I'm thinking about chnaging the news system so it works by pulling post from the forum and displaying on the front page. This means it will be easier to post and more people can do it.

It also hopefully mean more reguarly updated news and more of it.

Thus I'd like some volunteers for this (and if you offered to help before well apply again please). If your name is Tanker, Loonyworld, SwitchBlade or N9210 you need not apply - you're already on the list....! You can apply to do it for one news type (e.g. Nokia 9210) or all.

Please reply to this thread. Comments on using the forum as the basis of news also appreciated. (benefits - encourage discussion - comments easy, disadvantages - look?)...

Rafe

Nosferatu
12-07-2002, 08:10 PM
:D I would like to volunteer myself for the GAMING/ENTERTAIMENT department...

Rafe
12-07-2002, 10:59 PM
Consider yourself recruited. More instructions soon.

Rafe

Rafe
13-07-2002, 02:42 PM
If you want to see a sneak preview of how the system works.

Look here: http://www.allabouter6.com/examples/head2.php

To those who have been given access to the new 'News' Forums please feel free to start posting. I'll be in touch with some recommendations, but its all fairly obvious. Basically you post in the forum and that becomes a news story.

Rafe

Dazler
13-07-2002, 04:09 PM
Well I like this site and I love to help, but I don't think I could deliver much "news", but if I can help in any way just call :) I'm not a stranger to html/php/jscript/asp ... :)

happygeek
13-07-2002, 04:59 PM
Happy to volunteer to provide news releases regarding the 9210 and other Nokia developments, general smartphone news, etc.

I get a fair amount of press releases coming to me, and can act as a filter to dispose of the crud before diverting the cream this way.

If that makes any sense at all :-)

langdona
13-07-2002, 06:16 PM
I'd be happy to post general Symbain news.

Andy

Rafe
14-07-2002, 10:17 PM
Well I like this site and I love to help, but I don't think I could deliver much "news", but if I can help in any way just call :) I'm not a stranger to html/php/jscript/asp ... :)

Thanks for the offer. No necessairly worry about delievering news, but say if you find an interesting article / site etc. you could post it in the Musings / book mark forum.

Basically the way it works is a new topic in any of the News forums get sucked to make a news item on the front page. The reason - its easier to get more people posting and it means better commenting etc.

So for you - it doesn't have to be news as such - it could be a short review of a program you like (i.e. a Musing) or some comment or analysis or a rant.

I've now added you to the News Posters Usergroup which means you can post new topics to the New Forums.

I'm going to add a FAQ tomorow about how to do it and some recommendations - I'll e-mail it to all News Posters as well as post it here.

Rafe

Rafe
14-07-2002, 10:19 PM
Happy to volunteer to provide news releases regarding the 9210 and other Nokia developments, general smartphone news, etc.

I get a fair amount of press releases coming to me, and can act as a filter to dispose of the crud before diverting the cream this way.

If that makes any sense at all :-)

That would be great! I get e-mailed some press releases, but another source would be excellent. I've added to to News Posters usergroups (i.e. access to post new topic & therefore news), but don't feel you have to do anything. You could as an alternative pass the releases on by e-mail to rafeblandford at dial dot pipex dot com

and thanks for your help.

Rafe

Rafe
14-07-2002, 10:21 PM
I'd be happy to post general Symbain news.

Andy

Thanks Andy, you too are also added to News Posters (see the other posts). I'll be in touch shortly.

rafe

stuclark
18-05-2005, 03:48 PM
Rafe, I'd be happy to help out...

zainman
19-05-2005, 08:29 AM
Hey Rafe, maybe i could help too :)

Ismail
20-05-2005, 09:10 PM
I'd like to volenteer
I may not post anything in the furoms but i do check out the site alot and think i could get great news.

if i do get choosen I would be more than happy to post news about new and upcoming phones,reviews,rumors,upgrades,programes or any bit of information concerning symbian platform.

Thank you

Rafe
20-05-2005, 09:46 PM
Thanks guys - you'll all be welcome. Will be in touch.

jazzy1
21-05-2005, 02:50 PM
Rafe Can i become your helper if u don't mind !

Vicky
21-05-2005, 05:46 PM
HI
I would be Glad if I could do something for our Site….

J2theIZZO
21-05-2005, 08:49 PM
Rafe Can i become your helper if u don't mind !

Do you ever give up? :o