View Full Version : Extensive testing going on..

05-06-2002, 07:31 PM
Hello!

Im living in Finland, the home country of Nokia corporation. Nokia has here many R&D centers in different towns, and the interesting thing is, that I've managed to see the 7650 live _several_ times by now.

During train trips, wandering in the downtown and even in the friday night party time there has been people using their proto-7650-models.. One guy using the device was only maybe 15 years old!! So no Nokia employee for sure.

Nokia has to get it right this time, so no bugs in the software allowed. Hopefully they get the phone to market on time, time is running out.. latest information concerning the Finnish market says, that the phone would be on sale in late June / early July, estimated street price 795 euros incl. taxes, SIM free.

I'll be informing you all as soon as I get hands on my phone, ordered mine in February-March /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cheers,
pylon

TANKERx
05-06-2002, 07:45 PM
Yes, you do that!!!!!

But how did that kid get his hands on a 7650? (What was he doing in a night club?)

If Nokia are reading this and looking for UK based testers (I think they should test the phone in the UK /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif ) then they give me a call /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif ! You know something, I'd do it for nowt!!!

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif
[addsig]

06-06-2002, 02:47 PM
Hi guys,

Nokia is having the phone around for awhile. In our company we currently have 2 for Interoperability tests. I was already playing around with it a bit. It should work stable by now. The first 7650s died rather quickly and you could not do anything anymore.
The quality of the pictures is rather okay, P800 might have the same quality. Infrared between 7650 and 9210 works nicely. I sent some picture from the 7650 to my 9210 (unfortunately deleted them already).
But I still prefer my 9210 (keyboard & larger screen). I'm just waiting for the MMS client from Nokia or a 3rd party. The 7650 is more a party phone. At least with it MMS should take off.

Regards from Finland

23-06-2002, 06:09 PM
any ideas when this phone the 7650 will be comming i have ordered mine ages ago and im getting fed up waitng for it if the other new phones come out i will cancel my order and go for one of them

HyPeR
09-07-2002, 06:42 AM
well mine is going to reach in 2-3 days. Yes the prototypes have been floating around since sometme now. i had seen one with a friend almost 2months back.

i also know a small but very usefull secret about the 7650. email me & i'll let u on the secret. (Hint - Free calls.)

ciao
HyPer

mustu
09-07-2002, 02:28 PM
Hi how are you doing mustafa from bombay I got my 7650 today from UAE,it really good you can get in touch with me my numbers are the same.
Take care.
well mine is going to reach in 2-3 days. Yes the
prototypes have been floating around since sometme now. i had seen one with a friend almost 2months back.

i also know a small but very usefull secret about the 7650. email me & i'll let u on the secret. (Hint - Free calls.)

ciao
HyPer