View Full Version : Problems with 3.62

JeP
14-10-2001, 07:10 PM
Hello again!

My 9210 works almost fine untill i upgrade it in last friday...

Friday, suddenly my phone says "set sim card" many times..

Friday evening, phone gets stuck when i try to call.

Saturday, phone suddenly reboot.

Saturday, phone reboots when surfing in internet.. (i just find out that hakkinen was 4th in F1)

Sunday, i get three calls and "nokia tune" plays allways and i have .wav what should been play....couple hours later i'm writing this /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_mad.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Maeby monday i'll try to get .54 back to my phone...
Well that's all for now...

Regards

ΩΣΦ
15-10-2001, 07:48 PM
Some friend infor me today after upgrade
to Ver 03.62 have a lot of problems.
The phone no start.Most of times recognize sim's but not connect to network.Him send back to Nokia for repair.Before upgrade him has no problems.

JeP
15-10-2001, 08:51 PM
I removed Taskmanager, and today (monday), has gone with no problems at all ! ! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

And i installed now (few hours ago) newest Taskmanager (1.30).. Let's see how it goes..

I'll report tomorrow..

Regards<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by JeP on 2001-10-15 2253 ]</font>

16-10-2001, 04:05 PM
with .54 i also got the insert sim errormessages, also the phone can't call or receive calls very often. What a shame...

JeP
17-10-2001, 07:50 AM
With 1.30 no problems /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ... well few, but not bad ones...

Regards

Huib van den Oever
24-10-2001, 06:43 PM
Are there more people with a 3.62 upgrade from 3.54?
I am very curious if it is worth the trip to the service centre.
Huib

26-10-2001, 05:31 PM
I upgraded to .62 from .54 and found that I seem to be using the reset a bit more. Only once or twice a week. Also I feel it runs a little sluggish, but that might be down to the full 64k card I'm running. Apart from that I'm just looking forward to the new firmware that's coming soon.
Regards, Hazy1uk.

hazy1uk
30-10-2001, 06:34 PM
Ooooooh, I'm terribly embarassed, I haven't got .62 after all, I was duped. Sorry, .62 might be just what I need? Or not? I'm just digging in here! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SuperHero99
31-10-2001, 07:38 AM
Why you guys upgrade the SW if the previous one is working??

JeP
31-10-2001, 08:32 AM
Some words about sw versions and problems..

My other friend has 3.62 and he has nothing installed, it's so basic as 9210 can be. He has few problems with 3.18 and few more in 3.54... Now he has 3.62 and there is no one errors, weird restarts etc. That 9210 works like it should be.

Now my other friend, He has those basic problems with 3.54 and when he upgrade to .62 there was no errors anymore....untill he installed "sms-assistant", then there was no signal sometimes and device resets sometimes.

Well, I have had many kind of errors... and more come when i install more progs /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif But i have to say that 3.62 is more stabile than .54 or later WHEN there is no other apps than Nokia made. I have tryed to format "all" includin MMC... and after format, device works fine. But seems to get unstabile when you install/remove apps, try everything that nokia wont except you to do, and then there is progs that just crashes whole device....
That sucks cos i want to install those awesome apps/games, but for now i have to live with my problems.

3.62 is good, but i wonder why 9210 is so unstabile with other progs than nokia made? Or is it more because software developers?
When next sw comes to 9210, there is just little bug fixes no more, i hope that there is other way to get 9210 work like it should be even if there is 64Mb mmc full of stuff..

....Or am i just only one with my problems??...

Regards

ps. Still, after all, it's worth of upgrading to .62

Rafe
31-10-2001, 11:11 AM
Its interesting what you say about instability with the addition of 3rd party programs. As you say this could be the fault of Nokia (bad code tie ins). But could also be the fault of the developer. One would hope a developer would test for either though and say something on his/her site about it.

The thing to remember is that the Nokia 9210 is probably the most complex PDA / mobile phone ever. The degree of integration between two previsouly seperate functions is really quite amazing. Ineveitably there will be some bugs and when 3rd party program use low level options in tie ins there will be some instability if testing isn't carried out.

Personally I'd like to see more warnings from developers if they get reports of their program being unstable.

31-10-2001, 01:10 PM
I've got .54 and with the 'old' Taskmanager 1.2x I got more errors with it then without it. But since Taskman 1.33F which automatically clean up the memory every 10 minutes I've got less problems then before. I've run my 9210 for 2 weeks without problems before I rebooted it.

But when you do an SW upgrade, my advise is to backup everything, get the 9210 SW updated, format everything (including your MMC) reinstall all your software and put back only your contacts, calendar and your documents (pics, movies, etc.). This (+taskman .33F) gives IMHO a must more stable 9210.

JeP
31-10-2001, 03:07 PM
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
But when you do an SW upgrade, my advise is to backup everything, get the 9210 SW updated, format everything (including your MMC) reinstall all your software and put back only your contacts, calendar and your documents (pics, movies, etc.). This (+taskman .33F) gives IMHO a must more stable 9210.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->

I agree that. Normally i put back only my contacts. But i dont believe Taskman anymore...

hazy1uk
13-11-2001, 06:56 PM
I installed taskmans early version and started to get very strange problems, bad enough to need a reboot each time. Anyone had a "message watcher freakout" just before the screen flashes with a "closing application" warning? No way out but a reboot? I think the message watcher must have been part of taskman unless anyone knows if it was connected to my fax app?
To be honest I'm amazed we need to solve these problems between us when Nokia is making a fortune from releasing software that doesn't seem to be ready.
My uncle lives in Canada, he works for the company that helped build the body for the 9210. We were over there last year and he reckons the 9210 was rushed out to meet a promise made years ago. And they may or may not have plans to build a touch screen version!! Which makes me think they might be putting their money on another horse in this race, one they are keeping to themselves until they release it. 9210 is ahead of the pack! How else can they fund the new tech needed to build the 10210?